Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Rooney cheated on Coleen with hooker while she was pregnant'

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They have different rules as they are famous and very rich. If they worked as a mortgage broker and did what they do their other halves would throw them out with the dishwater. The women who hook up with these moronic footballers are as bad as the men that cheat on them as they have no pride and no self respect and are in it for the money and the lifestyle. Terry got away with it, Crouch got one off the wrist but got away with it, Rooney will get away with it. Fair play to Cheryl she dumped that tosser Ashley Cole but even then she stuck by him for a long time after he cheated on her.

I'm not defending anyone's behaviour, but I've got mates, male and female, who have had affairs and their other halves have taken them back.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
affairs/cheating, it happens, get over it!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It might be a low life thing to do, but I am still struggling to understand how an extra-marital affair (if it did happen) is really any of our business...oh, I forgot, it sells papers and is another way to shoot a hole in England's chances of ever winning anything.

As I said early it becomes everyones business when the person or people involved are making money from "image rights", or alternatively make a career out of the basis a relationship with someone famous.

If they simply played football I'd agree.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Caption Competition

article-1309157-07102B61000005DC-765_634x639.jpg

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I just love the two different facial expression...Colleen is delighted, compared to Rooney who, it has to be said, looks gutted :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I struggle to reconcile the above two statements

I don't see whats so hard?

The footballers are going to do whatever they want whenever they want. They're not answerable to me.

It becomes my business, when I have to ensure that it is perceived correctly (ie as adultery and unacceptable) by my son as he will see it when he's older and I need to ensure it isn't glorified. My business, in my house just the same way its my business what we're having for breakfast. How Wayne is going to answer to that I don't know.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't see whats so hard?

The footballers are going to do whatever they want whenever they want. They're not answerable to me.

It becomes my business, when I have to ensure that it is perceived correctly (ie as adultery and unacceptable) by my son as he will see it when he's older and I need to ensure it isn't glorified. My business, in my house just the same way its my business what we're having for breakfast. How Wayne is going to answer to that I don't know.

Weetabix or Toast?

I don't think anyone is glorifying it, it's just salacious gossip from NoTW as usual.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not defending anyone's behaviour, but I've got mates, male and female, who have had affairs and their other halves have taken them back.

But would they take them back if they were serial offenders like John Terry is alleged to have been?

I'm not going to defend Rooney's actions but this all seems to relate to stuff that happened nearly a year ago. Maybe Coleen will dump maybe she will give him one more chance, afterall, they do have a child and who knows, the last 9 months may have been their best time together.

However, what pisses me off is the timing and destructive nature of the articles which have been published purely to try and derail any success England may have. Maybe both papers want to see Capello go and this might help achieve it. Afterall, he has hardly been involved in any scandals worthy of the front page of the gutter red tops. Perhaps if they could get him removed then their darling Redknapp may get the job and there is someone who would probably feature on the front page every other week and therefore sell a few more copies. It is afterall about making money and not actually being the conscience of the nation!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What an idiot.

I'm sure there are some exceptions, but it does appear that footbalers are scum. Crouch, Rooney, Cashley, JT - I'm sure there's more to follow.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
However, what pisses me off is the timing and destructive nature of the articles which have been published purely to try and derail any success England may have.

It's not, all the redtops want to do is boost circulation.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
My hatred of these people and everything they stand for just increases...sorry but I blame the parents!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Weetabix or Toast?

I don't think anyone is glorifying it, it's just salacious gossip from NoTW as usual.

Thats my business ;-)

Agreed. Anyhow our son is to young to be exposed to it at the moment - but it will happen and we need to ensure its dealt with appropriately.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thats my business ;-)

Agreed. Anyhow our son is to young to be exposed to it at the moment - but it will happen and we need to ensure its dealt with appropriately.

I buy the Sunday Times or the Observer, that's the answer!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Time off work should be for when you've got something wrong with you mentally or physically that's going to affect your productivity at your job. I think Rooney owes England fans a lot after the summer and this is going to make the relationship between fans and player even worse.

You don't think the stress of his private life and relationship troubles being spread across the papers might affect his mental state? That the stress of trying to salvage his marriage might affect his productivity? Or even that a swiss player might want to wind him up with a few comments on the pitch leading to a normally temperamental rooney losing his head?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I buy the Sunday Times or the Observer, that's the answer!

Dear God, if you consider the Sunday Times a paper of record and repute.

Every weekend they cheerfully run half a dozen stories which they know to be untrue. I know they don't follow the tabloid agenda but anyone who's ever worked in journalism will tell you there's no point following up Sunday Times "exclusives" because they're always bullshit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dear God, if you consider the Sunday Times a paper of record and repute.

Every weekend they cheerfully run half a dozen stories which they know to be untrue. I know they don't follow the tabloid agenda but anyone who's ever worked in journalism will tell you there's no point following up Sunday Times "exclusives" because they're always bullshit.

Never said I believed the stories, just that there is less reference to footballers and their inability to keep away from 'Ho's Tramps etc.

Anything produced by the Digger has to be viewed with a degree of skepticism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here