Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Robbie Fowler

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Correct.

Correct.

No I don't think that re Robbie Fowler, I think his laddish reputation may well put potential employers off. FWIW i would employ him above Sol as I believe he would connect far better with a dressing room due to his laddishness than Sol 'I've never go on the london underground' would. If the roles were reversed and RF was arrogant and aloof and SC was more 'man of the people' I would choose SC ahead of him.

Yeah i agree about Fowler, as is proven by the fact he is doing pretty well here in Australia.

So can you share the evidence with me that leads you to your conclusions on points 1 and 2?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I am trying to discuss this with you but you seem intent on having running feuds with every other poster on the thread.

No I'm not, I'm engaging in discussion but getting insulted for it (not that I could care less) it is livening up a boring 'working from home day. It's amusing the reaction if you dare express the 'wrong' view on here, everyone falling over themselves to label me an 'ist' whilst showcasing how right on they are.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sol Campbell and Paul Ince love to wave the 'I'm black I can't get a job in football management' card (acknowledge SC is currently in management) but what 'card' can Robbie Fowler wave? Chris Powell who is a a lower league journeyman manager gets to be involved with the England set up, what chance has Robbie Fowler got of doing so? Very little I would imagine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...d-Robbie-Fowler-struggle-manager-England.html

Awaits the predictable 'racist' jibes from the nsc liberal elite. I'm not.

Well even our own Chris Hughton wasn't slow to say that if you are black doors are slower to open for anyone keen to move into the profession. There is probably something in what he says.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Chris Powell got 287 games as a manager and was always considered a future "very good manager" (Sven-Göran Eriksson is STILL talking about him in interviews). How is that a fast track? Dude managed more games than Gareth Southgate.

Well one thing being 'considered' its another thing doing it. He's just a lower league journeyman manager who never has and never will manage in the PL so what is he doing in the England set up, jeez Alan Pardew has got a better track record than he has, he has more right to be in the England set up ,but racism means he never will be. Stands back...........

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Well even our own Chris Hughton wasn't slow to say that if you are black doors are slower to open for anyone keen to move into the profession. There is probably something in what he says.

Yeah absolutely true, Ruud Gullitt and John Barnes were never even considered for the Chelsea and Celtic jobs were they...........oh..........

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Having made use of the Harry Wilson ignore function, this thread is somewhat difficult to follow. So I don’t think I’ll bother.

Have fun, stay safe.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Bame managers seem to be under represented in English football so their certainly could be

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Yeah i agree about Fowler, as is proven by the fact he is doing pretty well here in Australia.

So can you share the evidence with me that leads you to your conclusions on points 1 and 2?

Sol Campbell had a reputation as an arrogant and aloof man, if i had a choice of Frank Lampard or SC i would choose FL as i would think he would connect far better than SC would, racist? No.

Chris Powell England coach? Racism. Why not select on merit rather than skin colour?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sol Campbell had a reputation as an arrogant and aloof man, if i had a choice of Frank Lampard or SC i would choose FL as i would think he would connect far better than SC would, racist? No.

Chris Powell England coach? Racism. Why not select on merit rather than skin colour?

Not really evidence as such.

Can you provide any evidence that Chris Powell has been selected based on skill colour rather than merit?

You are complaining that people are calling you racist for starting this thread but it must be pointed out that you are not really providing any evidence that your conclusions are based on anything else.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Bame managers seem to be under represented in English football so their certainly could be

Football is the biggest meritocracy going, if you are good enough you'll get the gig. If there was disabled muslim lesbian with a proven track record of success PL would be falling over themselves to pay her 10 million a year.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Football is the biggest meritocracy going, if you are good enough you'll get the gig. If there was disabled muslim lesbian with a proven track record of success PL would be falling over themselves to pay her 10 million a year.

Except within the England, set up where they will be declined in favour of a black coach?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Not really evidence as such.

Can you provide any evidence that Chris Powell has been selected based on skill colour rather than merit?

You are complaining that people are calling you racist for starting this thread but it must be pointed out that you are not really providing any evidence that your conclusions are based on anything else.

Yes I can, the FA have stated they want to get more BAME managers involved in the set up hence Chris Powell. Racism.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only thing I can take from this thread is the knowledge that the original poster will be one of about five names that can be guaranteed to have started it.

Need I have to mention what I have him on? ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Robbie Fowler unfortunately can't wave that card. How does that make me a racist?A realist yes not a racist.

Put all the race issues aside (go, on, you can do it if you try), and actually focusing on Fowler for a moment.

Robbie had done his badges, but had zero coaching experience, when according to the article you’ve posted, he gave up after applying for FOUR (League One) jobs. Now, maybe something in his past does close doors in his face, but honestly, that’s really not MANY doors, is it?

Perhaps he could have just tried a bit harder, or longer, or cut his teeth as an assistant, or a little further down the ladder?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes I can, the FA have stated they want to get more BAME managers involved in the set up hence Chris Powell. Racism.

That doesn't really prove that this is why he got the job. You need to prove the link between the two things.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Put all the race issues aside (go, on, you can do it if you try), and actually focusing on Fowler for a moment.

Robbie had done his badges, but had zero coaching experience, when according to the article you’ve posted, he gave up after applying for FOUR (League One) jobs. Now, maybe something in his past does close doors in his face, but honestly, that’s really not MANY doors, is it?

Perhaps he could have just tried a bit harder, or longer, or cut his teeth as an assistant, or a little further down the ladder?

'Bless' .

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What a storm in a tea cup this thread is .Fowler doesn't say or suggest anything racist who just perhaps moans about getting a job. We can all relate to that. Now he's got one in Australia and is doing pretty well. Good luck to him.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I feel that it shouldn’t matter about your colour or ethnicity or anything else , it should all be about whether you are good enough and the right fit for the job . It is also in my view very important that everyone gets the same equal opportunities if they work hard enough for it . Not sure what a post about Robbie Fowler who has no management experience that I’m aware of has to do with sol Campbell who does have some . I met Sol’s wife a few years ago , they are big into property investments and he spends a far amount of time I understand looking after his substantial property portfolio in Hampstead.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here