Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Robbie Fowler

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So, so far we have

Robbie Fowler's struggle to get a job has nothing to do with racism

so let's discuss Sol Campbell's belief that he has struggled to get a job because of racism.
- the evidence for this is that the OP would prefer to give Frank Lampard a job so therefore Sol's experiences cannot be the result of racism.

also

Football is the biggest meritocracy going, if you are good enough you'll get the gig. If there was disabled muslim lesbian with a proven track record of success PL would be falling over themselves to pay her 10 million a year.

and

Chris Powel got a job because of racism and the evidence of this is that the FA have said they want more BAME coaches in their set up so Chris Powell must have got the job because of this.

Also

If anyone dare suggest that the OP has drawn any of these conclusions based on racism, they can only be doing this to showcase their 'right on' credentials.

oh, and the OP loves some racist comedians.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bernard Manning? One of my favourite comedians ever, along with Jim Davidson and Mike Read.

And nobody, and I mean nobody, is surprised by this admission.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Put all the race issues aside (go, on, you can do it if you try), and actually focusing on Fowler for a moment.

Robbie had done his badges, but had zero coaching experience, when according to the article you’ve posted, he gave up after applying for FOUR (League One) jobs. Now, maybe something in his past does close doors in his face, but honestly, that’s really not MANY doors, is it?

Perhaps he could have just tried a bit harder, or longer, or cut his teeth as an assistant, or a little further down the ladder?

In fairness to Robbie it's not as if those jobs come up every week...

...oh.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've said this before - it does not automatically follow that a good player will become a good coach [manager].
There is a long line of evidence to support this - Brian Robson a classic example.

Simple numbers also dictate that there are not enough management jobs for all ex-players - so only the ones with real promise [or luck / mates] usually get on the ladder

Sami H is a better example :whistle:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Bernard Manning? One of my favourite comedians ever, along with Jim Davidson and Mike Read. Whenever i see you on here i just think Ian Hislop!! Smug, patronising, self rightous, 'the voice of reason' indeed, what an arrogant title that is!!

That is a huge compliment.
Hislop is highly intelligent, a maths genius and even speaks fluent Latin.
He also runs one of the most popular satire magazines.
His IQ is off the scale compared to thick subhuman scum like your good self.
No offence intended and I hope you take it in good humour and use it to improve you ways in the future.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't see it as an admission. No doubt you like the oh so trendy left wing comics who crack jokes about 'Trump'.

You mention 'leftie' and 'elite' a fair few times. Got some prejudices you need to address?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
That is a huge compliment.
Hislop is highly intelligent, a maths genius and even speaks fluent Latin.
He also runs one of the most popular satire magazines.
His IQ is off the scale compared to thick subhuman scum like your good self.
No offence intended and I hope you take it in good humour and use it to improve you ways in the future.

Gosh 'subhuman' eh for daring to hold the 'wrong' views? Ha ha then you caveat it with 'no offence' and 'good humour' so what part of calling me 'subhuman' is 'non offensive' and 'humorous?'

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No prejudices just opinions. The 'wrong' one's clearly.

Kudos for being able to accept they're wrong. It's the first step and usually the hardest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I feel that it shouldn’t matter about your colour or ethnicity or anything else , it should all be about whether you are good enough and the right fit for the job . It is also in my view very important that everyone gets the same equal opportunities if they work hard enough for it . Not sure what a post about Robbie Fowler who has no management experience that I’m aware of has to do with sol Campbell who does have some . I met Sol’s wife a few years ago , they are big into property investments and he spends a far amount of time I understand looking after his substantial property portfolio in Hampstead.

Interestingly, a few years ago nobody had a property portfolio bigger than Robbie Fowler. The Liverpool supporters used to sing 'We all live in a Robbie Fowler house'.

Back to the main thread, I think that it should matter about colour. What about the Harlem Globetrotters, eh? I rest my case.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sol Campbell and Paul Ince love to wave the 'I'm black I can't get a job in football management' card (acknowledge SC is currently in management) but what 'card' can Robbie Fowler wave? Chris Powell who is a a lower league journeyman manager gets to be involved with the England set up, what chance has Robbie Fowler got of doing so? Very little I would imagine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...d-Robbie-Fowler-struggle-manager-England.html

Awaits the predictable 'racist' jibes from the nsc liberal elite. I'm not.

The Metropolitan Liberal Elite here, what can I do for you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here