Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Robbie Fowler

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Poster needs to apply for a job at the DM...

Poster dares to make a point that isn't acceptable on NSC. The 'reads the DM' is a lazy and predictable 'catch all' response. It's used by thick and ignorant people to claim the moral high ground 'you read the DM therefore I'm right'

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Poster dares to make a point that isn't acceptable on NSC. The 'reads the DM' is a lazy and predictable 'catch all' response. It's used by thick and ignorant people to claim the moral high ground 'you read the DM therefore I'm right'

Being a racist idiot isn't just unacceptable on NSC, it's pretty much unacceptable anywhere...with the possible exception of Gab.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
So you are using an article about one manager who struggled to get a job in England to rake up some old nonsense from Sol Cambell about him not getting a job because he is black.

Why would you do this?

Well aside from picking a fight with virtually every poster who expresses and opinion?

To illustrate a point that it isn't just black managers who can't get a job in management its white ones as well. But hey that makes me a racist. What chance has Robbie Fowler got of being fast tracked into the England set up a la Chris Powell, very little I would imagine. He's not black. That's racism.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ince & Campbell were both captains and leaders throughout careers where they were usually hailed for their professionalism and leadership qualities. Fowler was a player with godlike talent who was too lazy and unprofessional to achieve what he could have. Who would you have chosen as manager?

Campbell got legit reasons to question why Lee Bowyer, Gareth Southgate or Jonathan Woodgate could land decent jobs while he cant. Fowler on the other hand threw it away; when asking why he is not a manager, he should be compared to.. Micah Richards, Adam Johnson or Paul Gascoigne.

Not that you're really wondering though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How do you explain the 'white van man' post then eh? Ah the 'close mates' card gets pulled, bit like the 'I'm not racist one of my best friends is black'.

You put a disgustingly patronising post on here pre lockdown about 'subbies and white van men' and when i called you out on it you ignored me, but now because of the subject I started you are back as I've given you an open 'look at how right on I am' open goal.

One of your strange traits and you're rubbish at it, is to try and set the agenda in all the mini disputes you create. Believing that if someone replies to you, then you have them on the run, they're agitated and no doubt you take pleasure from that.

But it's 100% in your head.

I feel very relaxed.

Thank you btw for starting this thread, it's hilarious. I'll dip in throughout the day for amusement value.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
To illustrate a point that it isn't just black managers who can't get a job in management its white ones as well. But hey that makes me a racist. What chance has Robbie Fowler got of being fast tracked into the England set up a la Chris Powell, very little I would imagine. He's not black. That's racism.

Chris Powell got 287 games as a manager and was always considered a future "very good manager" (Sven-Göran Eriksson is STILL talking about him in interviews). How is that a fast track? Dude managed more games than Gareth Southgate.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

So you are saying that the reason Sol found it hard to get a job wasn't racism

but

the reason Chris Powell got a job in the England set up was racism.

and

the reason Robbie Fowler hasn't got a job in the England set up is also racism?

These are pretty interesting conclusions to arrive at given the myriad of different reason someone may or may not get a coaching/managerial job somewhere. You must have some pretty conclusive evidence to back this up?

Care to share?

Our of interest did racism play a part in other coaches getting jobs with the England team?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've said this before - it does not automatically follow that a good player will become a good coach [manager].
There is a long line of evidence to support this - Brian Robson a classic example.

Simple numbers also dictate that there are not enough management jobs for all ex-players - so only the ones with real promise [or luck / mates] usually get on the ladder

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
One of your strange traits and you're rubbish at it, is to try and set the agenda in all the mini disputes you create. Believing that if someone replies to you, then you have them on the run, they're agitated and no doubt you take pleasure from that.

But it's 100% in your head.

I feel very relaxed.

Thank you btw for starting this thread, it's hilarious. I'll dip in throughout the day for amusement value.

So whats ya take on 'white van men' then eh? Still looking down ya elite middle class nose on them are you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hey boy why not pull me to pieces over Sol Campbell and Robbie Fowler, really humiliate me?

I am trying to discuss this with you but you seem intent on having running feuds with every other poster on the thread.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Poster dares to make a point that isn't acceptable on NSC. The 'reads the DM' is a lazy and predictable 'catch all' response.

Well whatever, I read the Daily Mail and vote Conservative so I like Trump. I suspect many in England probably do agree with his views on immigration but wouldn't dare say it for fear of being branded 'racist'. We aren't as 'right on' in this country as we are led to believe, we have a 'nasty' Conservative govn and we voted 'leave'

I'm also a Conservative voter, I read the daily mail I like Farage and Trump and I'm a buy to let landlord...............I don't fit in very well amongst the elite trendy liberal NSC brigade. But unlike some I dpn't try and pretend to be something I'm not.

Maybe you'd get better luck defending Trump over on the Trump thread ?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
So you are saying that the reason Sol found it hard to get a job wasn't racism

but

the reason Chris Powell got a job in the England set up was racism.

and

the reason Robbie Fowler hasn't got a job in the England set up is also racism?

These are pretty interesting conclusions to arrive at given the myriad of different reason someone may or may not get a coaching/managerial job somewhere. You must have some pretty conclusive evidence to back this up?

Care to share?

Correct.

Correct.

No I don't think that re Robbie Fowler, I think his laddish reputation may well put potential employers off. FWIW i would employ him above Sol as I believe he would connect far better with a dressing room due to his laddishness than Sol 'I've never go on the london underground' would. If the roles were reversed and RF was arrogant and aloof and SC was more 'man of the people' I would choose SC ahead of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here