Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rio Ferdinand

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We are now down to 22 players, two of whom (Barry and King) are still pretty much crocked and maybe one bad challenge from joining Rio on a plane home.

King's is a chronic problem, not the result of getting knocks, but missing fluid or somthing in his knee joints. a challenge wouldnt affecthim any more than a fit player. As for Barry, i have a sneaky feeling they've played it up a bit. I dont think he'd be going if they thought he was a risk.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
King's is a chronic problem, not the result of getting knocks, but missing fluid or somthing in his knee joints. a challenge wouldnt affecthim any more than a fit player. As for Barry, i have a sneaky feeling they've played it up a bit. I dont think he'd be going if they thought he was a risk.

I sincerely hope you are right, both of them on their day are excellent players...could be that we are playing a bit of a blinder in disguising the truth!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Blessing in disguise..?

Think King is the better centre back but is he up to all the games? Don't think its a blessing whenever you lose your captain especially when next back up is Upson. Dawson won't play unless we get another injury

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Had a bad season and still through periods he was still solid. Other than this year he has been one of the best CBs in the world, has a great attitude and is very experienced.

Get a grip. Rio Ferdinand has played in two World Cups, one of which (2002) he was the best defender in the tournament, and the other (2006) he was one of the best defenders in the tournament. Talk me through Jamie Carragher's best international performances.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He isn't def out at the mo - they are getting a second opinion. The beeb has back tracked a little and now say 'he could be out'....

Looks like one of them said he was def out and the others followed so as not to be last to break the news... Still says it doesn't look good tho...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Had a bad season and still through periods he was still solid. Other than this year he has been one of the best CBs in the world, has a great attitude and is very experienced.

His problem is that he could only ever play for Liverpool. Doesn't seem as if he has ever had the same passion for England.

Really, really hoping Upson doesn't get a look in.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
What I mean is, if he's going to get injured, and ruled out of the World Cup by Emily 'flippin' Heskey turning him. Then I'd rather that happen now, than against an opponent in the later stages of the cup, and have someone like Upson come on without having played in weeks.

He clearly wasn't 100%.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
His problem is that he could only ever play for Liverpool. Doesn't seem as if he has ever had the same passion for England.

Really, really hoping Upson doesn't get a look in.

His last chance of a World Cup though, his attitude and commitment will be 2nd to none as usually and he is (in my opinion) better than Rio and is a far better character as well

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just to confirm in case you missed it - RIO ISN'T DEF OUT YET

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Who will take over as captain...will it be Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney or James...can't think of anyone else in with a shout, other than possibly Barry if he plays.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Gerrard will be captain, and probably with Rooney as Vice

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Gerrard. He's vice captain. Would imagine Lamps will then be vice - Rooney probably plays better unhindered and I don't think James will even be playing.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Gerrard. He's vice captain. Would imagine Lamps will then be vice - Rooney probably plays better unhindered and I don't think James will even be playing.

Good shout, should of been like that initially anyway

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Suddenly King's training has to be properly managed.

f*** David Beckham travelling with the England team, get 'Arry out there!...

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Glad everyone's thinks Upson is shit. Why he's in the 23 is beyond me. And if he actually gets a game now then we're f***ed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here