Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rio Ferdinand

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
King can come in for the 3 group games with ease and hopefull he will be back for the rest.

King wouldn't be able to play the three group games without breaking down himself.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's funny how just a couple of months ago the vast majority of NSC had written King off as too risky and a sick note, but all of a sudden people are comfortable with him being our first reserve centre back with Upson barely getting a mention.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
On form Ferdinand should'nt even be in the team let alone captain. He was awful against Mexico and we looked better in the second half when he came off. Could be a blessing in disg:clap2:uise.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Not that bothered about this, King decent replacement. There are only 3 players IMHO that we would be in the shit if we lost - Rooney, Gerrard and Ashley Cole. I like the idea of Gerrard as Captain. Only problem is if he is out of the whole World Cup it would impact on team moral.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
From the cricket live text -

"1353 - 105-3 Rio Ferdinand has hobbled out of England's first training session in South Africa, but the more worrying news for me is that he suffered the injury being "turned by Emile Heskey". Pretty bad news all round. Pietersen has the look of a man who wouldn't mind notching a double-hundred, but wouldn't be all that bothered if he got out for 40 - a lofted drive over wide long-off four for, just evading the fielder."

:laugh:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure if I can take 5 and a half weeks of injury scare stories. With Ferdy, King, Barry, Heskey, Rooney and James there's plenty of scope.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
f*** me i cant deal with these injury scares every 2 mins. More bad luck for us it seems...

But I do remember the Terry thing a few wks back and that was a load of shit and he even played in the cup final a few days later - let's hope this is just a precaution...

It's ok, we have Carragher :ohmy: :facepalm:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Rio OUT - official

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
SSN going into meltdown!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here