Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rio Ferdinand

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Besides Neville, Beckham & Scholes that is the current England side. Maybe James will or won't play & Beckham may well have done if fit but that to me is the same bloody side.

Campbell? Owen?

So 6 of that side aren't in it? James and Beckham aren't as good as 6 years ago. Not quite the same side is it!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Well I think it is a big loss. Carragher is poo, King too slow and Dawson unproven at this level. Can't see how it's anything other than a bad thing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sorry but had to laugh at the comment about Bent

Why?

Anyone who scores 20+ is good

someone who scores 20+ for RUBBISH Sunderland relying on assists from jones, cattermole and Reid. Defoe has modric, crouch Lennon, bale, palacios etc etc and scored less.

You can't fluke that many goals.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why?

Anyone who scores 20+ is good

someone who scores 20+ for RUBBISH Sunderland relying on assists from jones, cattermole and Reid. Defoe has modric, crouch Lennon, bale, palacios etc etc and scored less.

You can't fluke that many goals.

Not saying they are flukes at all. Just that Bent has been utter toliet everytime he has played for England and to take him to a world cup would be a joke.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not saying they are flukes at all. Just that Bent has been utter toliet everytime he has played for England and to take him to a world cup would be a joke.

to be fair though he's had about 3 starts including the brazil match where we insiste in on playing non stop 60 yard lobs to his FACE which he was somehow meant to Create from. He hasn't actually had a single chance created for him in an england shirt.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
to be fair though he's had about 3 starts including the brazil match where we insiste in on playing non stop 60 yard lobs to his FACE which he was somehow meant to Create from. He hasn't actually had a single chance created for him in an england shirt.

He had a few against Japan didn't he? I agree he's not had a great number of games but as he hasn't settled at international level, taking him now would be a farce. Plus he would be third choice for the position behind Rooney and Defoe with Crouch and Heskey as the two possible partners.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
even before it started,we had no chance of winning imo,onlt 3 world class players and that aint enough,also our reserves as it were,are seriously not good enough

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
even before it started,we had no chance of winning imo,onlt 3 world class players and that aint enough,also our reserves as it were,are seriously not good enough

So who out of Ashley Cole, Terry, Rio, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney are not world class?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Very much so, Duckface has not played or played well consistently for club or country this season. He has a back " problem " which seems to defy treatment and is ongoing which makes the situation worse. To be honest, he does drop clangers on a regular basis and I'd be more than happy for Dawson to step up and fill the CB role.

Agreed.

Ferdinand has looked a liability for England for a while now. Certainly any pace he had appears to have gone.

Whilst not wishing injury on anyone - I reckon this is a blessing in disguise.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So who out of Ashley Cole, Terry, Rio, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney are not world class?

Ashley Cole - yes
Terry - no
Rio - not this season previously yes
Lampard - close but not quite
Gerrard - this season he has been pants
Rooney - Yes as long as he stays the distance

If Rio is our bit of bad luck I'll take it he really has not been to good this season I know the replacements are questionable but we more than enough Captains and I think even Rio would have got the run around from many a team.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Breaking news on SSN - Ledley King & Upson Miss Training
:US:

Precautions i'm sure. James didn't train yesterday either. It's a case of anyone with even a tiny tiny knock will sit out of training.

I would be surprised if Ledley trained much at all between now and the 11th of July to be honest, especially as he's likely to be Rio's replacement he'll be wrapped in cotton wool.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Ashley Cole - yes
Terry - no
Rio - not this season previously yes
Lampard - close but not quite
Gerrard - this season he has been pants
Rooney - Yes as long as he stays the distance

If Rio is our bit of bad luck I'll take it he really has not been to good this season I know the replacements are questionable but we more than enough Captains and I think even Rio would have got the run around from many a team.

Agree on all of those. Gerrard has definitely hit world class at stages in his career but has never maintained it like truly great players do (Xavi, Zidane etc). Ashley Cole and Rooney undoutbedly. Rio at points in his career, and Lampard probably just short of world class but very very good nonetheless. Likewise Terry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here