Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2012

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I keep geting a pop up come up for Steakhouse Grill and Bar in Findon but have never tried it although the menu ;looks quite good and there has been a few good remarks on another thread,eating out in Worthing, about The Gun in Findon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone name a good place for a Worthing Crematorium aftershow meal I've been asked to arrange closeish by & mid price & up ok

The gun or sylvan oak in Findon. Black horse 'alright' but an option

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Planet India

Best Indian meal and best overall service I've ever had. Everything was extremely fresh and tasted so much better than anything I've had at Chilli Pickle or Indian Summer. If you haven't tried it yet I suggest you get over there asap. It was absolutely excellent. 10/10

55 quid for three eating including a beer and a bottle of wine.

Edit, including service too.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Planet India

Best Indian meal and best overall service I've ever had. Everything was extremely fresh and tasted so much better than anything I've had at Chilli Pickle or Indian Summer. If you haven't tried it yet I suggest you get over there asap. It was absolutely excellent. 10/10

55 quid for three eating including a beer and a bottle of wine.

Edit, including service too.
Glad you enjoyed it,been saying for some time it's the best REAL Indian food in brighton,hope you had dhai bhel puri for starters,and what a jolly good fellow the owner(neez) is too.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
This thread is a haven of tranquility amid all the transfer target nonsense on the main board at the moment.

Though it's only fair to let you all know that I saw Thomasina Miers walking out of Brighton station earlier today, so perhaps we are going to get our very own Wahaca some time soon.

Hope so, the one in Covent Garden was excellent when we went a few months ago, and the free chilli seeds that came with the bill are growing well too.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone name a good place for a Worthing Crematorium aftershow meal I've been asked to arrange closeish by & mid price & up ok

If you want classy then Wiston House is only about five minutes drive away. Assuming you don't want a pub, Findon Manor is also worth a look.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Here's some news for all you big fans of Havanna Spoon out there. (I know there's lot of you).
The head chef has just joined the fantastic team at Lion & Lobster. I asked him why he left and he said it's because it's so quiet in there there's nothing to do.
Seems they're struggling.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Go to L'Eglise, the tiny French restaurant at the end of Church Road (almost opposite Hove Tandoori). Order the onglet steak with some greens and a bottle of red. Beats the sh*t out of The Coal Shed (where I had a really ordinary experience).

Right

L'Eglise

Steak frites and a glass of wine for a tenner. Great steak with a nice herb butter and some proper chips. Excellent. Great seasoning and perfectly cooked steak. The snails to start weren't up to much though. And they nearly overcharged us by a tenner but mistakes can be made and it was all sorted.

8/10

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Right

L'Eglise

Steak frites and a glass of wine for a tenner. Great steak with a nice herb butter and some proper chips. Excellent. Great seasoning and perfectly cooked steak. The snails to start weren't up to much though. And they nearly overcharged us by a tenner but mistakes can be made and it was all sorted.

8/10

£10? Was it on an Argus deal?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here's some news for all you big fans of Havanna Spoon out there. (I know there's lot of you).
The head chef has just joined the fantastic team at Lion & Lobster. I asked him why he left and he said it's because it's so quiet in there there's nothing to do.
Seems they're struggling.

Not been but all the reviews lead to total style over substance.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The gun or sylvan oak in Findon. Black horse 'alright' but an option

Recommended the first two, guy that was paying for the whole group choose the Black Horse. Shocking service, complete amateurs. Meat levels on signature 'hot stone' self bbq mains would leave a cat peckish, the worst Caesar chicken salad in history (think all indredients blended for 30 seconds to a bitty mush) & nother two £12 mains with whole dish & plate at 1000 degrees straight from microwave..,delays half clearing plates then nothing for 5 minutes...desserts more delays despite request to move along with soggy pie crusts & more delays, bill arrived minus all dessert costs as an admission of their own poor service

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ashoka, Hove - to be honest not a good as I had hoped and quire expensive so 6 out of 10

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Glad it was good, Chappers...

Right

L'Eglise

8/10

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
my house last night!!!i had something to eat i hadnt had in years......

egg and bloody chips,bloody lush.....,free range of course and homemade chips.but brought back many memories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here