Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Response from fan banned from 1901

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We all support BHAFC, the team, not necessarily the backroom staff or employees although I am sure 99% of them are fans also and do a sterling job. NSC kow towing and dothing their cap to the club is an unheathy path to go down imo and should be independant and not be running scared and the original poster named names from the outset.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I cant believe people are now scared of naming club officials on here! What the hell is going on? I thought NSC was supposed to be completely independent of the club? Everyone knows that Richard Hebbard is the Safety Officer, or whatever his official title is, and everyone knows that it is him who is in charge of this stuff.

But people calling him a c**t and slating him on this thread in particular could lead to the website being landed in hot water. Is it worth it? Yes you can talk about him but to just generally slag him off over an incident which we do not know all the facts of, is asking for trouble

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I would presume, if you're a lawyer you might be offering him advice. If you're a fans representative, you might be offering to take up his case, a reporter hoping for a juicy story to manipulate/report etc.

My name is Phil Court and I am an Equities broker... does that help everyone ?

Something doesn't seem quite right at all here. It is certainly the case that those that have the power to do so will not go round banning people for fun as aforementioned. I have personally heard an account of this story as it has spread round pretty quick to say the least! Sounded excactly (although in less detail) like what the gentleman in question has said. What I am finding simply astonishing is that this is having an effect on the guy's work life! How on earth can an accusation that has on the face of it not as yet been supported by CCTV take such a hold on someones life? Unbeleivable shoddy on the clubs part! One thing is for sure is that peoples word against another should not cause someone this much bloody bother. Why on earth the club felt the need to forward it onto the Sussex police I will never know. Surely once "CCTV" has been looked at and proves that an assault has been taken place it is then for the police to take action? The whole thing just doesn't add up.

One thing is for sure I and the rest of NSC should be behind you on this one. If it is the case CCTV cannot be produced then they simply cannot go ahead and ban you based on witness acounts as you have mentioned there are contrasting veiws from both sides. You clearly have a case with the football league. If CCTV is not produced and you are still banned based on the words of others then frankly it is a disgrace. Good luck with it all.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
ok so if it was a serious as they are saying then why didn't response team deal with this matter who would have then radio for security camera footage for back up.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I sincerely hope that this gets addressed in the correct manner and that the club do all they can to investigate what did actually happen. I would be amazed if there is no CCTV footage as I thought the whole Stadium was covered by state of the art surveillance systems. If the account from the fan is true then I will offer my full support in any way I can that would help.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
All the best to the OP, the club (and he who must not be named in particular) were an absolute shambles during my appeal process - fortunately for me I have since been allowed back to the Amex.

Really hope the Football League are supportive, as it sounds like the club have yet again made a ridiculous decision regarding banning orders.

It really is a shame :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We have still only heard 1 side of the story! Naming names and slagging off people at the club will not help this guy at all!

If and when a statement is given out from the club, then maybe we can all make informed comments!

I wish a fellow supporter all the best in his quest to clear his name if the club have wronged him, but until all the facts become clear I reckon we should be careful about what we post!

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R
Quite. On the other thread, there was an independent account suggesting a very different picture to the one being presented here by the accused. It is amazing how many people are prepared to believe one fan who understandably will do what it takes to get his ban lifted over the club's experienced safety office, Richard Hebberd, and other eyewitness accounts.

As Bozza has said, there IS an appeal process to this sort of thing, so it's no surprise the club are not replying to ad-hoc requests for a meeting/phone call to discuss the incident.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Surely they'd need to reply to allow any appeals process to commence though?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't know why everyone is so amazed that it wasn't covered by CCTV. Do you really think they're going to film 22,000 people all of the time? There is one CCTV camera suspended from the West Stand roof and I've no doubt there are others that I haven't spotted, but no way are they going to catch everything. If there is a major incident, this can be seen from the control room in the corner, or by response stewards, and the CCTV cameras can be pointed in the right direction. I very much doubt a small incident like this would've been seen, at least not quickly enough.

Having said all this, if the story is true, I wish the poor bloke affected the best of luck.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Or, at least, for the gentleman in question to know whether there was any mileage in beginning on such a path rather than simply "going legal."

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm just glad I wasn't in corporate that night. Without a doubt I'd have given the Palace fan a right load of verbals too.

You & virtually everyone else on here chook. The way things were going that night, I'm surprised there weren't a few Albion busting a gut to get a few decent digs in on the Palace gobshite.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I don't know why everyone is so amazed that it wasn't covered by CCTV. Do you really think they're going to film 22,000 people all of the time? There is one CCTV camera suspended from the West Stand roof and I've no doubt there are others that I haven't spotted, but no way are they going to catch everything. If there is a major incident, this can be seen from the control room in the corner, or by response stewards, and the CCTV cameras can be pointed in the right direction. I very much doubt a small incident like this would've been seen, at least not quickly enough.

Having said all this, if the story is true, I wish the poor bloke affected the best of luck.

I have to agree with this which is why this off duty copper's version of the events that took place will be taken so seriously by the club!

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I read somewhere or possibly heard on a radio interview that the club, it could have been from Richard Hebberd, once said that we had state of the art CCTV that can pinpoint any particular seat and has a a continual watch on every seat and its occupant at all times during a match. If this is true there would be CCTV footbage that could be examined.

Out of curiosity was this the incident that occurred just behind the WSL near the 18yd box of the team playing from the South Stand.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sounds like playground nonsense to me and with all the posts on here seems there are plenty of schoolchildren to keep the rumour mill in full operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here