Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Response from fan banned from 1901

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Richard Hebberd has a role to play based in safety at the stadium. I'm speculating here, but I would imagine that when an issue occurs that involves taking information from all those involved and then making a balanced decision based on the wishes of the club's board of directors on how they want the Amex to be.

Neither Richard, nor the club, will be excluding people from the Amex for the fun of it nor without good reason.

Mistakes may happen. There is an appeals process. I know people have had bans over-turned.

So what has happened to the CCTV footage ? A simple thing would be for the banned supporter to meet with he who can't be named and be told what he did and why it warranted such a draconian ban whilst watching the CCTV footage of the incident.

If there is no CCTV footage then what happened to being presumed innocent especially with such differing accounts of the incident being posted.

D

Deleted member 18477

it's pretty simple. watch the CCTV with both parties. If there isn't CCTV then why the hell not? 93 million quid FFS!!!

If there is an a appeal going on then surely this would be best left until that is complete? That's the whole point of an appeal. At least both sides have their chance to make their own case rather than just one side.

At the end of the day, do you trust the club to act fairly? I have to say I do. And the Football League are there to act if they don't think the club have.

And if the appeal eventually goes against the OP then presumably he will have some recourse in law should he wish to take it.

Like it or not, we do not know all the facts and therefore are unable to judge the rights and wrongs of the case.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Are there CCTV cameras in the 1901?

If the answer is yes then there is something very dodgy going on in my view.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
When I first noticed this thread and also the comments that were coming thick and fast I noticed Bozza was not online, so I took a stance, all for the right reasons of NSC and as I repeatadly said for no other reason, he is back online now and it is up to him.

From a persona lpoint of view I do not care who is named and shamed in pretty much anything, but when a post of the nature that appeared I felt something should be done to try and stop it going totally out of control.

I do not profess to have any legal understanding in the OP issue nor indeed in what is strictly out of bounds for a messageboard, apart from maybe local rules, I stress for the last time I did what I did to protect NSC, and had I just ignored it I suspect critisim would have been aimed at Mods who were online at the time.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
We have still only heard 1 side of the story! Naming names and slagging off people at the club will not help this guy at all!

If and when a statement is given out from the club, then maybe we can all make informed comments!

I wish a fellow supporter all the best in his quest to clear his name if the club have wronged him, but until all the facts become clear I reckon we should be careful about what we post!

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Personally I would suggest the poster does not do that until he knows at least who you are or what you do for a living, and I would post this if i was not a Mderator.

fair enough, only trying to help....

btw, why does what I do for a living make any difference at all?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm just glad I wasn't in corporate that night. Without a doubt I'd have given the Palace fan a right load of verbals too.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I cant believe people are now scared of naming club officials on here! What the hell is going on? I thought NSC was supposed to be completely independent of the club? Everyone knows that Richard Hebbard is the Safety Officer, or whatever his official title is, and everyone knows that it is him who is in charge of this stuff.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
fair enough, only trying to help....

btw, why does what I do for a living make any difference at all?

I would presume, if you're a lawyer you might be offering him advice. If you're a fans representative, you might be offering to take up his case, a reporter hoping for a juicy story to manipulate/report etc.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We have still only heard 1 side of the story! Naming names and slagging off people at the club will not help this guy at all!

If and when a statement is given out from the club, then maybe we can all make informed comments!

I wish a fellow supporter all the best in his quest to clear his name if the club have wronged him, but until all the facts become clear I reckon we should be careful about what we post!

This... pity it has taken 70 posts :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I would presume, if you're a lawyer you might be offering him advice. If you're a fans representative, you might be offering to take up his case, a reporter hoping for a juicy story to manipulate/report etc.

Nah. He's just a nosey bugger.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I cant believe people are now scared of naming club officials on here! What the hell is going on? I thought NSC was supposed to be completely independent of the club? Everyone knows that Richard Hebbard is the Safety Officer, or whatever his official title is, and everyone knows that it is him who is in charge of this stuff.

I would imagine the issue is with people accusing him of being vindictive, having an agenda etc. without knowing the club's side of things, not specifically just mentioning him, however, people are now just mentioning him and allowing it to be linked to those accusations.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Understand your viewpoint but something like this needs something to be done and the facts out in the open

The banned fan is doing something - continuing trying to appeal to the club and asking the FL to mediate. Most of us on here are now only in possession of one side of the story and I would be pretty surprised to see any kind of official word on here from the club - and certainly not until any appeal process is finished.

My gut feel is that this situation is only going to have any chance of a good resolution if (a) the fan's account is correct and (b) if someone closer to the club can mediate in full knowedge of the facts. A glut of protests to the club from disaffected NSC members can only be justifed (IMHO) if there is absolutely no resolution possible after appeals and it is clear that the club are acting unreasonably. Slagging the club and officials off in the meantime does not help one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here