Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Response from fan banned from 1901

Status
Not open for further replies.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I believe there is one individual at the club who is on a personal power trip and that is all I am going to say. No names. If these facts are true it is an utter disgrace.

Think I'm in the same boat as you!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Presumably the Palace fan involved was a guest of another 1901-er? Would it not be possible to try and trace him, and asking him to inform the club of the truth? If he is a true football fan and your version of events is true (not that I have any reason to disbelieve you) he should back you fully.

Nov 9, 2011
I believe there is one individual at the club who is on a personal power trip and that is all I am going to say. No names. If these facts are true it is an utter disgrace.

Hardly a secret who the man on a power trip is. He used to be a copper and is obviously missing having so much power over people. Now he takes it out on innocent fans by exercising the small amount of authority he has left.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont get it. the story gives the impression of nothing done wrong at all. theres something about an accused assult in from and towards the person. well, there is CCTV to prove or disprove this. the appeals procedure will flush this out, if there is no CCTV then there no proof? though theres 3 ? witnesses saying somthing did occur? very odd.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am off shopping now and would hope that the club and the others in this mess will have sorted it by the time I am home and open up this thread.
thank you

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What strikes me as very strange in this case is

1) That I keep reading that one of the "friends" of the Palace fan told the guy who has been banned, that he would get him banned. One has to assume that this fan does indeed have the ear of the powers that be at the Amex and hence managed to get this ban carried through.

2) The apparent reluctance of the Albion to actually dig a bit deeper would again suggest an "untouchable".

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Can i just say that if members insist on refering to officials of the club I will have no alternative than to shut this thread down as well, I am only wanting to protect NSC, no other reason!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What a ridiculous state of affairs. I wish you luck in your appeal against this injustice, but I can't see the stance that these vindictive idiots (who brought about this situation) changing any time soon tbh. I'd certainly be cancelling my payments for the now non-existent ticket if I were you. Let's hope the FL change the habits of a lifetime & do the right thing.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Hardly a secret who the man on a power trip is. He used to be a copper and is obviously missing having so much power over people. Now he takes it out on innocent fans by exercising the small amount of authority he has left.

I'll name him if you won't. Step forward...

I have edited this for the protection of NSC do it again and you wont be able to post!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Can i just say that if members insist on refering to officials of the club I will have no alternative than to shut this thread down as well, I am only wanting to protect NSC, no other reason!

sorry... just posted before i read this.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
That seems pretty harsh. You could still go to away games though, just cant buy the tickets :thumbsup:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
That's outrageous. Utterly disgraceful from the club if all that is true

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wonder which club this off duty policemen has his allegiance with.

Seems a bit too convienent that CCTV isn't available.

All seems to be a bit of a cover up due to big cockups made in running the Palace game and easy options are being taken to make it seem the club were in control.

All seems a bit Bellottiesq, maybe the club need to remember without the fans there would not be Falmer or even a club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If all true then I for one am happy to support any appeals/protests on this. I think it's getting close to the time when 1901 members should be consulted on how it is being run. The presence of "uncontrolled" away fans is a joke, particularly for a game like Palace. The fan in question should have been warned once and then if he continued kicked out straight away. It's failing to police this that has led to the inevitable problem in the first place.

I've attended several away games in the home end but have always had the respect and common sense not to celebrate a Brighton goal.

Assuming all the facts are correct it is a disgrace that you have been banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here