Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacement for Poyet

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Never ever thought i would say it but ....... Nigel adkins for me. He really impressed me this season and his sacking was a joke. He is the sort of bloke who would stick around too if given the chance. However if we wanted to stick with the same passing style we have adopted through gus then Zola is the man. I used to be a big fan of curbishley but think he has been out of the game too long now.

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
I'd pick me ahead of Zola ... great player, nice bloke but as a Manager? Nah ...stick him on telly from time to time, that's his limit I reckon

This being the Zola who has Watford in 4th place in the table on crowds of 15,000 odd?. It's Zola for me.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Never ever thought i would say it but ....... Nigel adkins for me. He really impressed me this season and his sacking was a joke. He is the sort of bloke who would stick around too if given the chance. However if we wanted to stick with the same passing style we have adopted through gus then Zola is the man. I used to be a big fan of curbishley but think he has been out of the game too long now.

Completely agree with every word.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This being the Zola who has Watford in 4th place in the table on crowds of 15,000 odd?. It's Zola for me.

No a different Zola :blush:

Fair do's, he's done wonders at Watford and a completely different story to his time at West Sham ...

... Simple anag for you: pieIhumbleeat

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I would imagine we could attract a pretty big manager from Spain maybe from one of the smaller la liga teams that have overachieved. We would have to continue the legacy.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Roberto Martinez,please. Like the way he sets his sides up to play and comes across as a decent honest guy.

You read my mind sir.

Pros

Good footballing brain, nice guy, loyal and deserves a decent job, even though it means dropping down a league. Our set up is far better than Wigan's as are our long term prospects. Ticks all the boxes and a man i would trust to continue our long term aims.

Cons

None I can think of.

Would he leave Wigan for us? I just think he would.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
You read my mind sir.

Pros

Good footballing brain, nice guy, loyal and deserves a decent job, even though it means dropping down a league. Our set up is far better than Wigan's as are our long term prospects. Ticks all the boxes and a man i would trust to continue our long term aims.

Cons

None I can think of.

Would he leave Wigan for us? I just think he would.

That would be the same Martinez that turned down Liverpool in the summer to stay at Wigan.

Sake....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Serious question...based on what exactly? The guy comes across as a confident, young manager but thats about it in my eyes. He gets a lot(too much) media exposure because he's the youngest manager in the football league. Plus he's a Scouser which probably ticks the right boxes for some people. I really don't get it.

His side plays excellent football and has reached the play-offs two seasons running. That's why he gets plenty of exposure.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
[/B]

That would be the same Martinez that turned down Liverpool in the summer to stay at Wigan.

Sake....

There are as many issues at Liverpool as there are at Villa imo... RM would leave Wigan for the right job I reckon.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yes. That's been so important for Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho, Andre Villas Boas......

Your making reference to my Robinson remarks, I take it....Tell me, what has he done at MK Dons that in anyway qualifies him to even be considered for this job, should it ever become vacant???...We have so moved on from a few years ago.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Solskjaer was my second choice when Gus got the job & I still believe he would do a good job so Ole, Ole, Ole Ole Solskjaer, Solksjaer.

Roberto Martinez would be fantastic but can't see it happening.

All this is moot though because Gus isn't going anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here