Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacement for Poyet

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Jeez I posted that 8 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did it take you that long to think of that reply!

Times have changed I agree, RDM would be the best replacement but lets it hope it doesnt come to that....

8 months is a long time in your mind obviously. He's gone from being a perfect fit to suddenly not being up to our standards. That doesn't make any sense as we were knocking on the play-off door 8 months ago and Robinson has been consistently average over the last few years.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Managers who have only ever done well at one club are a big risk. Which currently includes Gus.

Depends which club. I still think Guardiola is a safe risk, for example. It's all about managing big players for me. Villas Boas didn't have it at Chelsea, but is starting to prove himself at spurs. I think Gus has that ability more than Villas Boas. I think Chelsea right now is the wrong fit because he won't get complete control, bt i'd be surprised if he doesn't ask the questions if approached. I don't think you can just put it down to managing one club. It's all about whether they have it or not. I think Gus has got it and I'm not surprised about this speculation at this time.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Whatever happens with Gus, we are a totally different proposition then we have been for a long long time (maybe ever!). We are solvent, we have a decent Chairman (to work for, and has cash), decent crowds, pushing for the Premiership, so I'm content with the fact that we should be able to attract some top quality candidates.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Depends which club. I still think Guardiola is a safe risk, for example. It's all about managing big players for me. Villas Boas didn't have it at Chelsea, but is starting to prove himself at spurs. I think Gus has that ability more than Villas Boas. I think Chelsea right now is the wrong fit because he won't get complete control, bt i'd be surprised if he doesn't ask the questions if approached. I don't think you can just put it down to managing one club. It's all about whether they have it or not. I think Gus has got it and I'm not surprised about this speculation at this time.

It deffinitely depends on the inidividual and Gus is a bit different in that he's worked in other capacities at other clubs. However, if I were the owners of Chelsea, I would consider myself reluctant to take a Villas-Boas style gamble again. I have no doubt Gus would be a success there, but he would represent a risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here