Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacement for Poyet

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The easy choice would be Di Matteo, would fit in nicely with the existing set up. Adkins would do a great job, but only in time, I think there would be too much change, oh and it might mean dean Wilkins back again lol

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Never ever thought i would say it but ....... Nigel adkins for me. He really impressed me this season and his sacking was a joke. He is the sort of bloke who would stick around too if given the chance. However if we wanted to stick with the same passing style we have adopted through gus then Zola is the man. I used to be a big fan of curbishley but think he has been out of the game too long now.

Adkins would I believe be a good choice he has done it been there and got the tee-shirt to prove it
and also its not always about what league we are in or the money ....some managers would see getting us up as a challenge
which is why I think all this talk is shooting the breeze or I hope it is as I see Gus is still up for the challenge of getting us up and keeping us there

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Martinez with Calderon for me. If Gus was to leave and Wigan are relegated then there is a good chance of this happening.
There is an outside chance he would come here even if they are not relegated.. Apart from being in the prem, Wigan are always struggling, no real ambition, shite fans, half empty stadium, no passion. I think he would be interested.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Martinez with Calderon for me. If Gus was to leave and Wigan are relegated then there is a good chance of this happening.
There is an outside chance he would come here even if they are not relegated.. Apart from being in the prem, Wigan are always struggling, no real ambition, shite fans, half empty stadium, no passion. I think he would be interested.

I enjoyed this post.

And I agree, I have always thought Roberto Martinez would be a great replacement, although we'd probably need to get up for it to happen. Definitely want Calde here for years to come, playing and then coaching.

All that being said, I hope Gus is around for the next 5+ years, I want his mark made on our new Academy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Di Matteo or Martinez would both fit in well, so either of them.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Do me a favour! Karl Robinson and Lee Clark for that matter have achieved next to nothing in management so far. It's all hype.

Jeez I posted that 8 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did it take you that long to think of that reply!

Times have changed I agree, RDM would be the best replacement but lets it hope it doesnt come to that....

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Adkins took Southampton up from 1 to the premier and was doing a good job. If you are a chairman and want to get to the premiership you would look for the people with experience of doing that.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Liam Brady??? Just steped down from arsenhole youth today ....after seeing the amex maybe he,d be tempted i say yes.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Liam Brady??? Just steped down from arsenhole youth today ....after seeing the amex maybe he,d be tempted i say yes.

Brady isn't cut out for the top job, as he has admitted on a few occasions. Said he preferred the job security that his Arsenal role gave him.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
image.jpgHappy with RDM if he can bring his favourite physio!

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Brady isn't cut out for the top job, as he has admitted on a few occasions. Said he preferred the job security that his Arsenal role gave him.

So why would he step down from arsenal youth job?I dont think gus or tanno wil go tanno is pretty much a man of honour didn't he tear up his contract @ west ham even hough he could of had 3 years pay >? he got injured within 30 mins of his debut for them and turn down the compensation package he could of had .I think Tanno will want to stay and that will persuade Gus to stay til the contract is up.Also isn't it a £2m fee for gus's buyout clause? Mind u thats bugger all to prem teams....

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
di Matteo would be a massive coup for us considering what hes won (sure he didnt actually build the team). If Gus was to leave for Chelsea, i suspect he might say good things about us to RDM.

Zola would be another choice but i cant see him leaving Watford myself. Paulo di Canio would be another choice, though he has no experience at this level so it would be a massive risk. Then you have Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, who would be good for us.

Adkins could be a risk too, yes hes a decent manager - but he isnt really liked by a lot of people - rather we didnt have him myself. Cant rule out Curbishley either but he has has a while out of managing a club.

Top 3 for me would be RDM, Solksjaer, Zola.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The ability to speak Spanish would be a bonus...What's Ossie Ardiles up to these days,,,,remember the famous five when he was manager of spurs??? We could do the same........
Buckley----Hoskins-----Ulloa-----Cms-----Lualua

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here