Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacement for Poyet

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He just rejected villa for Christ sakes

Nicely put.

Villa are in the Premier League granted but they have a chairman who clearly doesn't give a monkies anymore. Would an up and coming manager be willing to manage a team like Brighton who are arguably on the verge of the big things? It may never happen but to suggest that his name being thrown into the ring is unrealistic is pure ignorance.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Can't believe everybody has overlooked the obvious candidate - it can only be Michael Owen.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Same as I said last time. Glen Hoddle is the man. A big job left in him with a bit of selling from Bloom

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Rafa has also said he'd be willing to drop down to the Championship, as he would love to stay in England. Although a vacancy at Norwich or Swansea would be more tempting for him I suspect.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Kevin Keegan. Guaranteed promotion.

Mar 10, 2006
If Gus did go I hope all the f***ing loons wont be clamouring for Curbishley. Take a step back and think - if he hadn't played for us would you even consider him? The answer in virtually all cases would be no. The game and players move on at such a pace nowadays he will be badly out of touch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Gus did go I hope all the f***ing loons wont be clamouring for Curbishley. Take a step back and think - if he hadn't played for us would you even consider him? The answer in virtually all cases would be no. The game and players move on at such a pace nowadays he will be badly out of touch.
Exactly my thoughts and probably those of a number of chairmen of clubs and jobs that he has applied for. He would possibly be ok with a new young coach in a Director of Football type role but not as a manager. We might just as well go after George Graham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here