Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacement for Poyet

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I agree but from a man living in a time bubble (Keegan, Curbishley or Hoddle would mean nothing to most of our youngsters) it seems a bit odd :lol:

I would be tempted to look overseas - someone like Paco Herrera of Celta Vigo (Benitez's assistant at Liverpool for 2 years) while Zola would be tempting and might be tempted to come and prove himself again as a manager with us.

We would need a quick appointment as we have signed no-one and I asume Vicente would follow Gus and Tanno if they go- we would need to be making some quick signings

All younger than Hodgson.....I think.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone think King Kenny Dalgliesh might fancy a drop down a league?

he's shit and no.

Jose Ramon Sandoval, just left Rayo Valacano in Spain over a financial dispute, plays great football with players all bought on a shoestring.

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3882/spain/2012/05/25/3126597/rayo-vallecano-looking-for-new-boss-after-ditching-sandoval

http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/laligaloca/archive/2012/02/17/exclusive-rayo-boss-sandoval-on-miracles-madrid-and-what-fernando-torres-should-do.aspx

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If Solskjaer didn't want to go to Villa, I couldn't see him coming here.

We don't know why he rejected Villa - maybe he just didn't like the set up?

I wanted Solskjaer before we got Gus, to be fair

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Rafa Benitez?

Unemployed, top level experience, managed Vicente before.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Dougie Freedman? Ensure championship survival, and we could all enjoy a carling cup run that ends in spectacular failure

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Something not right at Villa though - don't think it was really down to him not viewing it as a step up or being prepared to move on.

Radio5 Pat Murphy has said on many times O'Neil won his case against Learner but can't talk about it,'but i no the facts of what has gone on at Villa and believe me when this comes out it will stun you' (Pat Murphy) ATFC you are right something is going on at Villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here