Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Reintroducing the death penalty

Would you be in favour of reintroducing the death penalty in the UK?

• Total voters

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Personally I think the use of life without parole should be used more frequently rather than bringing back capital punishment.

To see murderers and sometimes multiple murderers walk free after 15+ years is not justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah, it's worth pointing out that a lot of those currently in prison, and those that would be in line for execution, would have some kind of mental illness or psychiatric problems.

Indeed. And young lads were shot for cowardice when they were shell shocked, back in the day. Times move forward. For most of us. The only putting back of the clocks I accept is one hour each autumn. And then, only grudgingly ??? :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And completely out of her depth, she has very little support amongst MPs. It's an odd Boris appointment to keep the members onside against his natural social liberalism.

Last week she gave a statement saying the Government ask airline passengers to take a test before travelling which simply isn't true. Not that she is lying, she simply hasn't got a clue.

He's got himself a problem now because he can't get rid of her easily.

Contrast Boris with Starmer - who jettisoned Wrong Bailey and Corbyn into oblivion the second they came out with their usual bollocks. I'm reminded of the movie 'Magic'.....

I can see Boris ditching the smirker, but not till the second she's seen as undermining his position. All hail the dawn of the chancer.

The distance between Starmer and Boris now is the distance between the shower and the shitter. Behaviour-setting for some of us, but of very little matter in the eyes of the unhygienic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Personally I think the use of life without parole should be used more frequently rather than bringing back capital punishment.

To see murderers and sometimes multiple murderers walk free after 15+ years is not justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Also, I don't agree with releasing anyone if there has been no rehabilitation, whether it be by support (my favourite) or by letting them stew till they come to their senses (not my favourite, and a waste of time with the mentally damaged). I am not a liberal, and I expect a system that protects the public from known danger. An unrepentant or mad person who has nevertheless 'served their time' is a known danger, yet we let them out.:mad:

We have mixed up crime prevention, protection of the nation and punishment, and have a system run on the cheap - bang them up, neglect them, let them have their phones, telly fags and drugs, employ prison staff on minimum wage with minimum training to save the taxpayer, then let them out. The worst of all possible worlds.

When I was younger I thought that if nothing is done to turn around the interred, we may as well save a few quid and execute most of the convicted. See my JCC youtube post. Then I realised that so many of our serious criminals are damaged and thought . . . . would I strangle the cat if it vomited on my kitchen floor? My cat has a lot to give, but he is a serial puker.

Perhaps I should start a poll. Should my cat live or die?

I look forward to sage advice from those in the know wrt these things.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In the same way we've been pushed . . .it was a two way street, now its 2 one way streets. Divisive, destructive, and completely the opposite of what the vast majority of Europeans faught for , and voted for, for decades, and still do. Apathy is to blame in many ways.

You've been pushed? Hah!! My goodness, do your delusions never end? Do you not realise it was people like you - especially those in Parliament, the upper echelons of Whitehall and the Westminster bubble generally - but just as much other ordinary people like you who deemed it their right to call anybody who didn't share their precious views racist, thick, prehistoric, etc., that did more for Brexit than Farage, Johnson, Gove, Patel and co. combined?
Little Englanders FFS - what about little 'Brusselers' like you?
We (the leavers) would like to thank you (and all those with your attitude) for helping us to achieve Brexit, but it's difficult to feel grateful to one who probably still reveres the prats with megaphones shouting 'Stop Brexit now'. I appreciate that many on NSC wanted to remain - far more percentage-wise than in the world outside NSC. Most of them, although disappointed, have accepted the democratic outcome, as I did for 40 odd years after the first referendum; they don't like it any more than I did - but, like normal decent folk, they have refrained from making prats of themselves by hurling abuse, stereotyping all leavers, and generally bleating.
Anyway, thank you for your small, unwitting and unwilling contribution to Brexit. Now I think it's time to give you the Harry Wilson's Tackle treatment, so goodbye, bon chance, arrivederci, sayonara and all that ................................ and a raspberry.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Tony Martin. Until you face it,someone in your house. Shoot to Kill. What is the problem?

He shot the guy in the back!! He'd already defended his property (with an illegal firearm) They weren't a threat to him at that point.

He'd also previously shot at someone who had the audacity to steal an apple from his orchard.

If shoot to kill is first point of call then perhaps you could walk into a role in the US Police!!!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree. Also, I don't agree with releasing anyone if there has been no rehabilitation, whether it be by support (my favourite) or by letting them stew till they come to their senses (not my favourite, and a waste of time with the mentally damaged). I am not a liberal, and I expect a system that protects the public from known danger. An unrepentant or mad person who has nevertheless 'served their time' is a known danger, yet we let them out.:mad:

We have mixed up crime prevention, protection of the nation and punishment, and have a system run on the cheap - bang them up, neglect them, let them have their phones, telly fags and drugs, employ prison staff on minimum wage with minimum training to save the taxpayer, then let them out. The worst of all possible worlds.

When I was younger I thought that if nothing is done to turn around the interred, we may as well save a few quid and execute most of the convicted. See my JCC youtube post. Then I realised that so many of our serious criminals are damaged and thought . . . . would I strangle the cat if it vomited on my kitchen floor? My cat has a lot to give, but he is a serial puker.

Perhaps I should start a poll. Should my cat live or die?

I look forward to sage advice from those in the know wrt these things.

It's a cat.

It shits in other peoples' gardens.

Exterminate! ...... NOW!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I really thought we had moved on way beyond this but the fact that Patel seems to be stirring it up again is indicative of an ugly political lurch back into the dark ages.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Wouldnt bother me in the slightest if people like this faced the death penalty.
I would happily volunteer to push the switch.
Abhorrent crime, zero chance they didnt do it. A general waste of space

rigby-3_2770683b.jpg

Cant see the reintroduction of the death penalty ever happening though.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In the UK between 2007 and 2017, 84 people convicted of crimes that would have carried a death sentence before it was abolished, have had their convictions overturned for reasons including evidence tampering and new evidence coming to light. 84. And those are the ones who could afford a decent appeal. Poor people don't stand a chance. Just look at the US justice system.
Spending years in prison for a crime you didn't commit is horrendous enough but there's no coming back from execution.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In the UK between 2007 and 2017, 84 people convicted of crimes that would have carried a death sentence before it was abolished, have had their convictions overturned for reasons including evidence tampering and new evidence coming to light. 84. And those are the ones who could afford a decent appeal. Poor people don't stand a chance. Just look at the US justice system.
Spending years in prison for a crime you didn't commit is horrendous enough but there's no coming back from execution.

Try for facts rather than propaganda..Many people aren't in favour of a return to capital punishment, but don't need this chronic example of fake news to help them make up their minds.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The frothing at the mouth brigade are going to be disappointed, it isn't going to happen.

Frothing at the mouth?? You are the one who is going to be disappointed - enjoy your misplaced righteousness. The death penalty will not be re-introduced in our lifetime.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I was listening to a podcast where they were interviewing a guy called Raphael Rowe who; if you don’t know, is now a TV presenter who wrongly convicted of being the ringleader of the M25 gang in 1988. He was convicted for murder and a string of other crimes along with two other black men... despite witnesses reporting that the 3 person gang was made up of two white people and one black man.

After reading the details of this one example I genuinely cant fathom how anyone could ever support bringing back the death penalty, it’s absolutely unthinkable

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_Three

(The podcast is JaackMaates happy hour, it’s a great episode and well worth checking out if you have Spotify)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was listening to a podcast where they were interviewing a guy called Raphael Rowe who; if you don’t know, is now a TV presenter who wrongly convicted of being the ringleader of the M25 gang in 1988. He was convicted for murder and a string of other crimes along with two other black men... despite witnesses reporting that the 3 person gang was made up of two white people and one black man.

After reading the details of this one example I genuinely cant fathom how anyone could ever support bringing back the death penalty, it’s absolutely unthinkable

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_Three

(The podcast is JaackMaates happy hour, it’s a great episode and well worth checking out if you have Spotify)

So, not advocating a return to hanging, but just for balance, please give a list (just in the final 50 years of the death penalty - 1914 to 1964) of people who were wrongly hanged despite being innocent. I'll give you Timothy Evans for a start - that was a disgrace. Maybe your bloke as well. Now ..... the rest?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here