Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Reintroducing the death penalty

Would you be in favour of reintroducing the death penalty in the UK?

• Total voters

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I'd ask you who the **** you think 'the establishment' is but I'm going to put you on ignore instead.

(I'll give you a clue - the establishment is Boris and Patel and chums - they are in charge)

You are either stupid or nasty. My money is on stupid x :shrug:

Of course, put me on ignore instead of having a debate.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
A proper one? Or just an advisory snazzed up opinion poll?

If Pratti Pusstel had her way there would be one, and the same prehistoric xenophpice rascist little englanders that caused brexit would likely as not get it through.

I actually voted to stay in though am not that keen on the EU with its huge layer of politicians and unelected bureaucrats desperate to get their noses into the trough, thus inviting the risk of cronyism and corruption, but reading posts like this, makes me realise that remoaners like you (and thankfully most are not) have themselves entirely to blame for Brexiteers determined to press on, with these sort of absurd generalisations. All you do is push folk into a corner.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
[/B]

I actually voted to stay in though am not that keen on the EU with its huge layer of politicians and unelected bureaucrats desperate to get their noses into the trough, thus inviting the risk of cronyism and corruption, but reading posts like this, makes me realise that remoaners like you (and thankfully most are not) have themselves entirely to blame for Brexiteers determined to press on, with these sort of absurd generalisations. All you do is push folk into a corner.
Exactly, imagine calling all those who voted for Scotland to leave the UK 'Little Scotlanders'.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I remember Mrs Thatcher wanted this to be brought in, but it was rightly thrown out by the house of commons.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
She is insane. The fact that she is guarded from the majority of the media, most of the time, says it all, Even the Tories think she is nuts. Imagine.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
[/B]

In the same way we've been pushed . . .it was a two way street, now its 2 one way streets. Divisive, destructive, and completely the opposite of what the vast majority of Europeans faught for , and voted for, for decades, and still do. Apathy is to blame in many ways.

For the record, the EU representatives are far more fairly elected than our own representatives.

A friends quote, which I thought nailed it. . .

Never before in the history of human commerce have so many been fooled by so few to sacrifice so much for so little in return.

BoT, never in a million years would the death penalty get anywhere near consideration in the EU.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
She is insane. The fact that she is guarded from the majority of the media, most of the time, says it all, Even the Tories think she is nuts. Imagine.

And completely out of her depth, she has very little support amongst MPs. It's an odd Boris appointment to keep the members onside against his natural social liberalism.

Last week she gave a statement saying the Government ask airline passengers to take a test before travelling which simply isn't true. Not that she is lying, she simply hasn't got a clue.

He's got himself a problem now because he can't get rid of her easily.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Dustbin of history. The Death Penalty is barbaric and has rightly imo been abolished.

I commend to anyone the documentary '14 Days in May' which tells the story of Edward Earl Johnson, executed in Mississippi's Gas Chamber in 1987 despite the overwhelming probability that he was innocent. The Prison Governor in charge of the execution, Donald A Cabana, became a vehement opponent of the death penalty.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
And completely out of her depth, she has very little support amongst MPs. It's an odd Boris appointment to keep the members onside against his natural social liberalism.

Last week she gave a statement saying the Government ask airline passengers to take a test before travelling which simply isn't true. Not that she is lying, she simply hasn't got a clue.

And that line about being consistently ahead of the curve in terms of the Govts covid response. Wow.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

IF the Government had come out with a strong statement to the effect International travellers had to have a test in or out, maybe 10 months ago . .. . . We'de have won the world cup by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here