Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refunds in Home End

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm surprised so many people wanted to sit in the home end, can't think of anything worse than not being able to scream and shout!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
no he is only 5 mate.

Fair enough, was thinking about giving him mine. I know how gutted I would be (at that age) if I missed out on a ticket for a big Spurs game.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Could they turn them away at the turnstiles?

Yes - if the tickets are swipe / scan type ones, the turnstile can be programmed to refuse admission. If not, then stewards will more than likely be given a list of seat numbers bought from Sussex post codes, I should imagine.

The Club have the right to refuse admission to anyone.

Blame the fucktards boasting on that thread on here about buying in the Villa sections. If they'd kept their heads down instead of acting like a buch of over-excited kids on a school trip to Chessington none of this need have happened.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
Hey everyone calm down, your all like a load kids in the wrong end!! no seriously there may even be some pay on the gate yet. who knows??

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
http://www.northstandchat.biz/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=3302381

As my thread last week said, it was just ALL TOO PREDICATABLE it would end in tears. Some day, some of the idiots who posted their SEAT & ROW numbers on here are going to wake up and realise the internet is a VERY handy media for authority.

I feel sorry for the innocents caught up in this, who intended to just go and watch from the Villa end. But for those who's dumb-arse actions caused this.......you lot really are a bunch of goons aren't you? Arguably one of the nets greatest own goals, you've brought shame on the rest of us - as one villa webite has already posted, BHA obviously don't have the brightest fans in the world..... Hard to argue with that, but as we know, there's plenty of idiots on here so someone will try......:dunce:

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
http://www.northstandchat.biz/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=3302381

As my thread last week said, it was just ALL TOO PREDICATABLE it would end in tears. Some day, some of the idiots who posted their SEAT & ROW numbers on here are going to wake up and realise the internet is a VERY handy media for authority.

I feel sorry for the innocents caught up in this, who intended to just go and watch from the Villa end. But for those who's dumb-arse actions caused this.......you lot really are a bunch of goons aren't you? Arguably one of the nets greatest own goals, you've brought shame on the rest of us - as one villa webite has already posted, BHA obviously don't have the brightest fans in the world..... Hard to argue with that, but as we know, there's plenty of idiots on here so someone will try......:dunce:
smug??

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
so i am dumb for having my tickets cancelled? Damn i am stupid:clap:

Not if you DIDN'T post your row and seat number - read my post again please and channel your anger at the dumb-arses who caused this. They owe you a big apology I'd say?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm surprised so many people wanted to sit in the home end, can't think of anything worse than not being able to scream and shout!

I've been thinking this throughout reading this thread, I think that there was a perception that being in the home end is better than nothing but honestly, I would never want to sit in a home end when Brighton are the away team, how can you resist cheering them on? For 90 minutes. Especially if we took the lead and were playing well, I'd want to be giving it large!

I'm gutted for all those who are going to be missing out on the game, but when Villa only gave us 6,000 tickets is was, sadly, inevitable. Chins up, gents. We've still got some BIG away games in League 1 to look forward to and they're more important than Aston Villa.

Just before people say it's easy to be rational when you've got your ticket, I'm not going and I wouldn't have been eligible for a ticket even if I had been able to.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
To be fair would we be happy if the boot was on the other foot and a few hundred villa fans got tickets in the home seats at Falmer ? (the hypothetical situation just doesn't work at withdean!). It nearly all kicked off when a few Leeds fans were in the north stand. 99% of albion fans would be perfectly well behaved but if we did take the lead there are bound to be a few idiots that provoke the villa fans. Ideally Villa should have foreseen this - it is not that hard to use a database. I think once they realised their mistake they could have sectioned off a small area. I would also think that if you have your tickets you should be OK as refusing entry is likely to start people kicking off.

I have sat in the away end in silence - but I also get annoyed by away fans at withdean (and I'm a placid chap). Took my father in law to see hartlepool united last season and he annoyed me cheering for hartlepool - I almost asked the steward to kick him out of the family stand (and he's family and 74).

Those of you that are lucky to get in - please behave yourselves.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I simply coudn't do it. With absolute certainty, if Brighton scored I would not have the self control required to not leap into the air screaming YEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here