Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refunds in Home End

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
On that basis, not an awful not to complain about. A white membership could have been sorted out very very late in the day and the individual would have a good chance of getting a ticket.

Sorry, where did I conmplain about not getting a ticket? I'm not, we should have sorted it all earlier between us, but like a lot of people we thought we would have time and they wouldnt sell that quickly.

As I clearly stated, I'm p*ssed off with twats like Kinky Gerbil being so amused by Albion fans not being able to watch the game.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Is there any evidence of this, other than one person?

You'd have thought quite a lot of people would have received e-mails/phone calls by now.....

Still, if it turns out to be true, i'd be thankful to that utter tool who, despite having a ticket in the away end, sent a message out telling away fans where to buy, in an attempt to create an "unofficial away end" :dunce:

The unofficial away end is now in Brighton!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry, where did I conmplain about not getting a ticket? I'm not, we should have sorted it all earlier between us, but like a lot of people we thought we would have time and they wouldnt sell that quickly.

As I clearly stated, I'm p*ssed off with twats like Kinky Gerbil being so amused by Albion fans not being able to watch the game.

Fair enough.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
:censored:

Excuse me, am I missing something? How come so many Albion fans appear to be happy that their fellow supporters won't get to see the game?

I was thinking the same.

I am sure plenty of Brighton fans who will now miss out could also do without a spurs fan giving it them big 'un about how funny it is.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
erm apart from one bloke on a message board has this been confirmed anywhere? Haven't quite a few people got their tickets from Villa?

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Tomorrow is ‘D-DAY’

I’ll say it again. I know an Aston Villa fan at work and told him about this ticket business and he phoned the AV ticket office on Monday on my behalf and was enquiring about when would they arrive, the ticket lady said that came back from the printers late and are being sent out this afternoon so you should receive them on Wednesday. I said cheers for that, put my mind at rest and he shock my hand and said no problems and enjoy the day.

:smokin:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Which No one would of had a problem with... if people hadnt started bragging.

People did warn the posters on the thread.....

What a load of rubbish.

Clearly what happened was Villa didn't expect us to sell out so were not monitoring online sales etc.

When we did they were alerted to the fact people from Brighton might try and get in the home end. Had a look at the online sales history / mail out for tickets, realised loads were from BN postcodes and decided to act.

Nothing WHATSOEVER to do with people on here.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I love this whole 'we couldn't get tickets in the away end so our ONLY option is to buy home tickets'

well, no it's not. You could just not go and accept you missed out rather than run the risk all to see a game of football in which you can fully enjoy as you'd be chucked out if you did.

I don't want someone to miss a match but at the same time you can't be surprised

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a load of rubbish.

Clearly what happened was Villa didn't expect us to sell out so were not monitoring online sales etc.

When we did they were alerted to the fact people from Brighton might try and get in the home end. Had a look at the online sales history / mail out for tickets, realised loads were from BN postcodes and decided to act.

Probably exactly this.

OR [just playing Devil's Advocate]
Brighton Police or heaven forbid the Albion themselves, concerned at the small prospect of trouble / hassle, asked them to act, after threads on here indicated the scale of it.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
White membership could have been bought right up to when the tickets sold out. I wrongly thought that being a former 'away member' meant that i was now a white member, so when tickets went on sale to White members i tried and failed to buy on-line, i then sat on the phone for over an hour to speak to the ticket office on Wednesday lunchtime. They sold me White membership and ticket while on the phone.

I do feel sorry for anyone who didnt have the time to do this, maybe because of work commitments etc, but they didnt actually sell out until Thursday lunchtime, so really there was time to get your ticket.

I am not trying to be wise after the fact or anything and honestly do feel for anyone who may not be able to go.

But as said earlier in the thread this could be easily sorted by Villa. Also as someone said if this is true i would have thought more than one person would have mentioned it by now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What a load of rubbish.

Someone needs to calm down and put a pad in

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I love this whole 'we couldn't get tickets in the away end so our ONLY option is to buy home tickets'

well, no it's not. You could just not go and accept you missed out rather than run the risk all to see a game of football in which you can fully enjoy as you'd be chucked out if you did.

I don't want someone to miss a match but at the same time you can't be surprised

Are you one of those boring people who never breaks the speed limit either?

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
villa fans have mentioned this site on their forums and about contacting their ticket office to let them know, for example

Posted: Fri 15 Jan, 2010 3:28 amI love the fact a couple of Brighton fans posted their seat details on their site. Which are apparently in the Villa part of the Witton. So obviously not the smartest set of fans in the world. So do we: A) Grass em up? B) Ask the General and or ticket office what will be done about it? C) Ignore it, let the little club enjoy their big day? D) Shall I got to bed now?

Heroes and Villains :: View topic - FA Cup 4th round: Brighton and Hove Albion at home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here