Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refunds in Home End

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Idiots, a few may well be, but that does that really make it FUNNY, that hundereds of other blameless Albion fans will now miss the game?

I don't think so personally.

Not funny perhaps, but people can't hardly be pissed off if their bookings get cancelled.

Cancelling the tickets by Villa is just scandalous. Thankfully some have already got them.

What is now going to happen is a load of Villa touts will buy extra and they will be flogged on the day for maybe upwards of 5 times face value.

Legally villa can choose who to sell to, so those who don't get their tickets cant do too much, but if you paid Villa for them and you behave, they would be on very dodgy ground if they want to prevent access or evict you from the ground.

The sad fact is, on the day, there will be plenty available from touts, but the mere fact you buy the ticket from a tout would make it reason for eviction.

Not sure if this would work, but say from Thursday (when there is not time to send out) ring up and buy on the phone from a fictious address in Brum. They wont be sent as you would just collect them from the ground and I doubt if a proof of address would be needed. In past just a simple ID and sometimes the card used to pay with.

What is so f***ing annoying is that Villa wont fill it, but an extra cpl of thousand allocation from them and there would have been none of this hassle.

And Kinky, at the end of the day the only idiots are Villa for not giving enough or offering more tickets. Those who said what they did (as I have) were mearly letting others know how they got tickets to help other NSC users out.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Idiots, a few may well be, but that does that really make it FUNNY, that hundereds of other blameless Albion fans will now miss the game?

I don't think so personally.

blameless ? if they had the right colour membership or even better a season ticket then wouldn't happen mate.

Not funny directly to people but funny as in the whole situation , the ups and downs of this f***ing game. Jeez , its only Villa

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Cancelling the tickets by Villa is just scandalous. Thankfully some have already got them.

What is now going to happen is a load of Villa touts will buy extra and they will be flogged on the day for maybe upwards of 5 times face value.

Legally villa can choose who to sell to, so those who don't get their tickets cant do too much, but if you paid Villa for them and you behave, they would be on very dodgy ground if they want to prevent access or evict you from the ground.

The sad fact is, on the day, there will be plenty available from touts, but the mere fact you buy the ticket from a tout would make it reason for eviction.

Not sure if this would work, but say from Thursday (when there is not time to send out) ring up and buy on the phone from a fictious address in Brum. They wont be sent as you would just collect them from the ground and I doubt if a proof of address would be needed. In past just a simple ID and sometimes the card used to pay with.

What is so f***ing annoying is that Villa wont fill it, but an extra cpl of thousand allocation from them and there would have been none of this hassle.

And Kinky, at the end of the day the only idiots are Villa for not giving enough or offering more tickets. Those who said what they did (as I have) were mearly letting others know how they got tickets to help other NSC users out.

Already having tickets in hand does not make them a valid ticket.

You won't be able to buy using a card and a ficticious address as they'll use the address you give to confirm the card isn't being used fraudulantly - if the address you give doesn't match the card billing address = no sale.

I'm not even certain there WILL be pay on the day, unless you already have booking history with Villa.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Do you not think people could of worked this out?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its no surprise that this has happened.

And frankly I don't blame Villa either, except that they should have just not sold to Sussex addresses to begin with.

The upshot is that a whole load of folk who thought they were going to enjoy a brilliant day out, are not going to be able to go.

Not THAT funny, tbh.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
:censored:
If this is true its the funniest thing i have seen all day....

What do you expect if you advertise on here? idiots.

Excuse me, am I missing something? How come so many Albion fans appear to be happy that their fellow supporters won't get to see the game? I am hoping to go with 3 other fans, but because some of them werent Gold, Blue or white members (on time) we didnt get tickets in the Away allocation. Got mine in the home section of the Doug Ellis but they aint turned up yet and I'm now not expecting them to. So, I'll miss out.

By the way I'm not gonna give it the "I've supported the club 35yrs so I should get a ticket..." routine, I think it's brilliant that there has been such a demand for the tickets, but if I did get a ticket, what I wouldnt do is name call those who were so desperate to go they'd get tickets in the home end. So f*ck all you who are laughing and giving it the "I told you so" b*llocks. :censored:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
blameless ? if they had the right colour membership or even better a season ticket then wouldn't happen mate.

How do you work that out? The Albion have sold out all 6400 away tickets remember - the max Villa would give us. If more than 6400 Albion fans want to go, it wouldn't matter if they were all STHs of twenty years standing - there would be some having to find alternatives regardless.

Villa could sort this in moments - Give us another couple of blocks in the Doug Ellis nearest the current BHA section. Not too late to re-issue tix to those already in there.

Then the 1000/1500 extra tix could be sold thru the turnstile on Thursday's FA youth game.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.... but because some of them werent Gold, Blue or white members (on time)

On that basis, not an awful not to complain about. A white membership could have been sorted out very very late in the day and the individual would have a good chance of getting a ticket.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I do feel very sorry if Albion fans are going to miss out. Such a shame that Villa could not have allocated more to us but presume they thought they would sell out all home seats.
Shows what latent support there is in Sussex though for the Albion when we play top sides.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is there any evidence of this, other than one person?

You'd have thought quite a lot of people would have received e-mails/phone calls by now.....

Still, if it turns out to be true, i'd be thankful to that utter tool who, despite having a ticket in the away end, sent a message out telling away fans where to buy, in an attempt to create an "unofficial away end" :dunce:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On that basis, not an awful not to complain about. A white membership could have been sorted out very very late in the day and the individual would have a good chance of getting a ticket.

Again, 8000 people into 6400 tickets does not go, regardless of what colour memberships they all have.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Villa could sort this in moments - Give us another couple of blocks in the Doug Ellis nearest the current BHA section. Not too late to re-issue tix to those already in there.

Then the 1000/1500 extra tix could be sold thru the turnstile on Thursday's FA youth game.

Or people could of brought memberships?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Again, 8000 people into 6400 tickets does not go, regardless of what colour memberships they all have.

Of course, but if you didn't get some sort of membership sorted after the draw was annouced (or simply before), then you've only got yourself to blame.

It's not a case of "I lost out in the draw", it's a case of I didn't bother to enter it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here