Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refunds in Home End

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
I must be brave or stupid to post my first message on this thread! :ohmy:

Ok, I too bought tickets for the Doug Ellis stand as my Away membership had lapsed and they wouldn't process a new white membership for me in time for tickets. Fair enough as I haven't been to an away game for a while. So like many others I bought tickets in the home stand.

On contacting Villa today they confirmed there was a problem for bookings in the home stands for fans with BN post codes but they have moved us to the Upper Trinity Stand, advised us not to wear colours and to behave. A sensible approach by Villa I feel.

I would suggest those in a similar position to get in touch with Villa now rather than just hoping it will be alright on the day.

Best regards to all and have a great day out!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
On contacting Villa today they confirmed there was a problem for bookings in the home stands for fans with BN post codes but they have moved us to the Upper Trinity Stand, advised us not to wear colours and to behave. A sensible approach by Villa I feel.

!

Villa phoned me yesterday and said the same and sending tickets out. 3 going with me are Villa fans so I can justify it but if they put us all together it would be good.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
:censored:

Excuse me, am I missing something? How come so many Albion fans appear to be happy that their fellow supporters won't get to see the game? I am hoping to go with 3 other fans, but because some of them werent Gold, Blue or white members (on time) we didnt get tickets in the Away allocation. Got mine in the home section of the Doug Ellis but they aint turned up yet and I'm now not expecting them to. So, I'll miss out.

By the way I'm not gonna give it the "I've supported the club 35yrs so I should get a ticket..." routine, I think it's brilliant that there has been such a demand for the tickets, but if I did get a ticket, what I wouldnt do is name call those who were so desperate to go they'd get tickets in the home end. So f*ck all you who are laughing and giving it the "I told you so" b*llocks. :censored:

Verygood point. I always find it strange how those brave people who name call do from behind the anonymity of their own computers. Im a 16 stone ex squaddie and if anyone wants to name call me they can send me a private mail and ill meet up with them so they can do it to my face....

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Its not made simple and one of the reasons I hardly ever go anymore.

I was an away member some years ago but it must have lapsed so didn't have a membership. Phoned the shop, membership applications shut. Can I buy tickets to take 2 junior seagulls...yes but they would have to go in on their own.

Well that's nice and simple.

And before all the 'you don't deserve a ticket' shit starts, I was/am an Albion fan who used to go every home game for 20 years and lots of away games. I may not go much anymore so don't deserve to get one first in the queue but they could make things much easier.

That applies for going to home games, i just hope you can pay at the stadium at Falmer.

Some interesting comments, and while we all are responsible for getting off out backsides sometimes, let's hope the Club take notice of them.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Verygood point. I always find it strange how those brave people who name call do from behind the anonymity of their own computers. Im a 16 stone ex squaddie and if anyone wants to name call me they can send me a private mail and ill meet up with them so they can do it to my face....

Gay*

*runs

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

But the trouble is, if the namecaller did what you suggest, then at said meeting, you will in all likelihood punch them hard, in the face. Maybe even twice or more.
Whereas if its all kept anonymous, you can't.

I don't find that strange at all. Its common sense.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If they did not have gold, blue or white membership how does this make them a fan? clearly proves they have never been to an away game :shrug:
I've no real interest in this thread as myself and my friends didn't apply for tickets. However I'd like to point out that although I'm not in any membership scheme I HAVE seen the Albion at about eighty different grounds. So it IS possible to be a fan (and one who's been to several hundred away games) but not a member of a current scheme. Thank you.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Is it not also true that people who boast about being a '16 stone ex-squaddie' and offer people out from the safety of their PC, are usually weedy little teenagers who couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag?

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
Is it not also true that people who boast about being a '16 stone ex-squaddie' and offer people out from the safety of their PC, are usually weedy little teenagers who couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag?

No one has been "offered out", although you can buy me dinner if you wish, they have merely been requested to hurl insults in person.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
???:down:
But the trouble is, if the namecaller did what you suggest, then at said meeting, you will in all likelihood punch them hard, in the face. Maybe even twice or more.
Whereas if its all kept anonymous, you can't.

I don't find that strange at all. Its common sense.

:shrug:Oh how silly of me, yes! I feel such a fool. Ok chaps carry on..

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

I hope, for all those that purchased tickets calmly and didn't mouth off about it, that this is true.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
This thread is hilarious: it's like a fight on a football pitch, where one scrap starts and then leads to another and another. A bunch of mini binfests. Personally I put it all down to people's over-excitment. I would add this though: I would far far rather listen to the match on the radio and go crazy when we score, than attend the match at the home end and get up and say a polite `yup` when the Albion score.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If they did not have gold, blue or white membership how does this make them a fan? clearly proves they have never been to an away game :shrug:

I'd just like to add to others comments about this totally incorrect statement:

Last Sunday was the 40th anniversary of my first Albion game. I went to my first away game in 1977 and have visited about 60 different grounds supporting the Albion.

For a few seasons at the start of this milennium, I was a season ticket holder. When I didn't renew that, I became a blue member. However, the club were incapable of sending me the DVDs that are part of that membership last season (I'd moved, and given the club my new address about 6 times), so I didn't renew the blue membership this season.

The club advise me that this means I am not a member any more and now have to pay £10 to become a white member....

So your statement is completely false, as I became a "non-member" because of the actions of the club and a stupid inconsistency in the current scheme. Once the Villa dust has settled (and I've enjoyed the match), I will be committing my thoughts to paper and sending them to Ken Brown.

Farnhamgull

Nov 10, 2009
you can pay on the day at Villa on Saturday, they have over 20 ticket windoows open, There will be well over 10,000 empty seats on Saturday. Anybody who wants to go to this game WILL get in. Travel regardless and enjoy the day

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'd just like to add to others comments about this totally incorrect statement:

Last Sunday was the 40th anniversary of my first Albion game. I went to my first away game in 1977 and have visited about 60 different grounds supporting the Albion.

For a few seasons at the start of this milennium, I was a season ticket holder. When I didn't renew that, I became a blue member. However, the club were incapable of sending me the DVDs that are part of that membership last season (I'd moved, and given the club my new address about 6 times), so I didn't renew the blue membership this season.

The club advise me that this means I am not a member any more and now have to pay £10 to become a white member....

So your statement is completely false, as I became a "non-member" because of the actions of the club and a stupid inconsistency in the current scheme. Once the Villa dust has settled (and I've enjoyed the match), I will be committing my thoughts to paper and sending them to Ken Brown.

So it was still you choice to not be a blue member.....

Or am I missing something here?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
you can pay on the day at Villa on Saturday, they have over 20 ticket windoows open, There will be well over 10,000 empty seats on Saturday. Anybody who wants to go to this game WILL get in. Travel regardless and enjoy the day

Source for this?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Albion fans in the home ends will be ok if they keep a low profile and dont get lairy and bring attention to themselves. What is going to be fun is when we score and multitudes of Brighton fans jump up out of their seats forgetting for a fraction of a second where they are. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here