Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refunds in Home End

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
god i didnt think it would be this difficult to get a ticket, just went on the villa website to register and get a home end ticket, didnt think it would be a problem as the home address is in hereford. I was then told that my account didnt have the privileges to buy tickets for this game..very confused.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
god i didnt think it would be this difficult to get a ticket, just went on the villa website to register and get a home end ticket, didnt think it would be a problem as the home address is in hereford. I was then told that my account didnt have the privileges to buy tickets for this game..very confused.

its becuase you dont have a booking history!!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

There's a few on Ticket Exchange, if you're quick/lucky.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I have got tickets in the home end. They arrived speedily and the money has been taken out of my account. No-one has phoned me to say they are cancelled or that I won't be allowed in. They are just plain card tickets, they have no bar code on them, no smart strips or anything. They do not have my address or postcode on them.

I just intend to turn up tomorrow with my son. We won't be wearing colours and we will just walk in with everyone else and keep our heads down. If challenged I will simply say that I'm a neutral taking in the chance to visit a big stadium. If the Albion score we will be sensible (unless it's the winner in injury time).

I can't help thinking there's a lot of scaremongering and wind ups on here. I'll let you know tomorrow evening..

You and your son will be fine. Went to Villa a couple of years ago and no bar codes then.

Have a great day!!

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
i got tickets in holte end but never arrived by yesterday so phoned villa ticket office who worked out i was albion fan so told me tickets had already been sent out but had been marked so i would not be able to get in.tickets arrived this morning wish i kept my mouth shut & just waited for the tickets.

Marked in a black ink smudge over the seat and number , like half a finger print?.

If that is the case then I'd advice everyone sitting the home end to check their ticket.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I live in a BN postcode and my ticket arrived today! Will I be refused entry? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere....

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Well, my four tickets in the home end haven't arrived - been trying to ring their ticket office and I never get through. Got my confirmation email printed out and we are going - don't know how much of a pain it'll be to convince them I didnt get the tickets but I am 100% certain we'll get in.

Looking forward to it, so see you all there!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

avfc_loyal

Jan 21, 2010
Kingstanding, Birmingham
To the lads who are in the home end:

As you would expect, if you wear brighton colours and/or display openly you are a brighton fan you are only going to bring trouble on yourselfs, and for God's sake don't go in the Holte End, we don't want the game to be making headlines for the wrong reasons...

I have got tickets in the home end. They arrived speedily and the money has been taken out of my account. No-one has phoned me to say they are cancelled or that I won't be allowed in. They are just plain card tickets, they have no bar code on them, no smart strips or anything. They do not have my address or postcode on them.

I just intend to turn up tomorrow with my son. We won't be wearing colours and we will just walk in with everyone else and keep our heads down. If challenged I will simply say that I'm a neutral taking in the chance to visit a big stadium. If the Albion score we will be sensible (unless it's the winner in injury time).

I can't help thinking there's a lot of scaremongering and wind ups on here. I'll let you know tomorrow evening..

Well said man...mine arrived with no KGB markings and i will be doing the same as you.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
To the lads who are in the home end:

As you would expect, if you wear brighton colours and/or display openly you are a brighton fan you are only going to bring trouble on yourselfs, and for God's sake don't go in the Holte End, we don't want the game to be making headlines for the wrong reasons...

wise words :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Does Sports Soccer in North Street stock the Aston Villa home shirt? Maybe if you wanted to cover your tracks even more, you could buy one! And possibly a scarf and bobble hat too.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was in amongst the home fans at the West Ham game and had no problems despite it being obvious I was an Albion fan (I cheered when Bobby came on). Don't see why it should be any different tomorrow, we are not exactly rivals are we.

villain

Jan 22, 2010
I'm a Villa ST holder and, on reading this thread thought I'd chip in.

1. We have been sent paper tickets for this match (our STs are swipe cards which are normally credited when we buy tickets for extra matches, just not on this occasion).

The paper tickets are not stuck into a reader, they are not barcode checked, they're pushed through a grill where a staff member rips the stub off and gives it back to you, then lets you in.

I have no idea how they can possibly cancel delivered paper tickets - if you are worried, don't sit in the seat you've been allocated once you get in. Go and sit in the wings of the stand, high up, where there will be lots of empty seats.

2. The vast majority of Villa fans aren't going to get the hump about Brighton fans near them. It is very different when it is local supporters, or Man United fans, obviously, but this is a low key match for us, people are less likely to get the hump if you are sussed out.

3. Personally, I have sat in loads of home ends since the late 70s, so I always take the ultra cautious approach, so this shouldn't really need saying, but don't wear any colours in home seats. Firstly, you'll get turfed out as soon as you get through the turnstile (if you do). Secondly, the stewards are a bit sniffy about this kind of thing, so if they spot you, they willl chuck you out.

4. This story about Villa moving your seats to the Upper Trinity as they know you're Brighton fans sounds highly, highly suspect.

5. Tickets for us tomorrow are 15 quid anywhere in the ground. Wednesday's semi final cost me 36 quid. Cheap matches always attract a lot of pissed up twats, and coming so soon after an expensive, high profile match, I think it will be a bit worse than usual.

6. If you're sitting in our seats, don't act a twat and you should be ok, but the safest places to be are the Trinity Road stand esp the Upper, which is where my ST seat is - known for being the domain of flask toting old people (although I'm not *wink*), but the middle and lower should be ok too. The worst place to be is the Upper Holte, without a doubt, followed by the lower. The Witton Lane (or the Doug Ellis as it is officially known) should be ok.

I don't know if you have been allocated the Lower North stand, but if not, watch yourself if you hav tickets there. That's a cheap overflow from the Holte where people go to stand for 90 minutes and goad away fans. Which is fine in my book, being a fan of old style football, but there you go.

7. West Midlands Police are horrible, unreconstructed Nazis. Don't piss about with them, don't have booze on you when you approach the ground, and don't make eye contact with them unless you absolutely have to.

8. Don't expect the atmosphere to be like Wednesday (if you saw it on tv). We're as bad as any PL club in terms of crap home atmosphere.

9. Enjoy the game.

Hope that helps.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
4. This story about Villa moving your seats to the Upper Trinity as they know you're Brighton fans sounds highly, highly suspect.

My brother phoned Villa on Wednesday after I'd told him of this rumour. He repeated it to the person on the phone, and specifically told them he was a Brighton fan with 2 boys, and they sold him 3 tickets for the Upper Trinity. Told him not to wear colours, and not to be "stupid" and everything would be fine.

villain

Jan 22, 2010
My brother phoned Villa on Wednesday after I'd told him of this rumour. He repeated it to the person on the phone, and specifically told them he was a Brighton fan with 2 boys, and they sold him 3 tickets for the Upper Trinity. Told him not to wear colours, and not to be "stupid" and everything would be fine.

That may be the case, but it isn't the same as being moved to the Upper Trinity.

I guess it depends who you get when you call the ticket office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here