Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp Has Left Spurs

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Such stupid comments on here... Why the hell would harry leave a club like spurs. Where could he possibly go that's better, that will have him??

And nooo way Spurs will want Gus... (not for a few years anyway) he has hardly earnt the right to manage a top 4 prem league club.

When the relationship breaks down as it has between Redknapp and Levy, then it becomes very difficult to work. Levy obviously doesn't think Redknapp is the man to take Tottenham forward (to 3rd place and then serious title challengers) otherwise he'd have offered him a new contract. If Redknapp goes, can see Bale, VDV, Modric all going Adebayor not joining - could be a long way back for Tottenham. We'll see.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
When the relationship breaks down as it has between Redknapp and Levy, then it becomes very difficult to work. Levy obviously doesn't think Redknapp is the man to take Tottenham forward (to 3rd place and then serious title challengers) otherwise he'd have offered him a new contract. If Redknapp goes, can see Bale, VDV, Modric all going Adebayor not joining - could be a long way back for Tottenham. We'll see.

The whole topic was about Redknapp "resigning" this i cannot see. Levy not offering Redknapp an extension i can see.

F***ing chelsea fluking that Chapions League victory could cost Spurs. Whether we can keep the players you mentioned above is another matter.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The whole topic was about Redknapp "resigning" this i cannot see. Levy not offering Redknapp an extension i can see.

F***ing chelsea fluking that Chapions League victory could cost Spurs. Whether we can keep the players you mentioned above is another matter.

I could see him resigning if he has some lucrative deal elsewhere already lined up. Or even just a moderate deal, but with a MASSIVE transfer budget available to him, as he can make up his money through that.

:p

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Good. One of my least favourite football clubs. Anywhere. Hope it causes them to head back down the Premier League to near the bottom where they were before Redknapp rescued them.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Has he gone yet?

One of the Spurs fans in the office is indignant about the whole thing - apparently 'Arry denying it in the press means there's no truth in the story whatsoever... ???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Moyes could well be the replacement if Harry goes, leaving a VERY WORRYING vacancy at Everton..

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Good. One of my least favourite football clubs. Anywhere. Hope it causes them to head back down the Premier League to near the bottom where they were before Redknapp rescued them.

Can't see why they are a least fav club... We never win anything....

How can you not dislike clubs like chelsea: Racist, womanising no morals terry, with sleezy cole and a rich corrupt russian.

or man city bank rolled by rich arab money

or Man u who have just dominated for the last 15 years

I could go on...

Spurs seems to me an odd club to hate...

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008

How can you not dislike clubs like chelsea: Racist, womanising no morals terry, with sleezy cole and a rich corrupt russian.

I could go on...

Probably goes back to a game at the Goldstone in the 70's or 80's. Whereby Tottenham fans acted like absolute animals.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I could go on...

Not sure why a Brighton Boy would be a Spurs fan but you are probably too young to remember when Spurs were actually a good side and inevitably "lorded it" over everyone creating fairly widespread ill feeling along the way (for Spurs you could of course substitute Leeds or Liverpool or Man U depending largely on your age )..............thenof course there was Alan Sugar..................:nono:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Not sure why a Brighton Boy would be a Spurs fan but you are probably too young to remember when Spurs were actually a good side and inevitably "lorded it" over everyone creating fairly widespread ill feeling along the way (for Spurs you could of course substitute Leeds or Liverpool or Man U depending largely on your age )..............thenof course there was Alan Sugar..................:nono:

No i am 31 and not old enough to remember spurs glory... apart from 91.. although hardly major glory.

It is just a username and nothing to do with anything else.... Ive been trying to change my username for ages...

I live in London, was a spurs season ticket holder for years and mum and dad big spurs fans...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No i am 31 and not old enough to remember spurs glory... apart from 91.. although hardly major glory.

It is just a username and nothing to do with anything else.... Ive been trying to change my username for ages...

I live in London, was a spurs season ticket holder for years and mum and dad big spurs fans...

Shame that you missed the best (and the worst from an opposing fan's viewpoint - no-one likes constant success unless they are supporting the successful side) of the 60's when Spurs really were very very good indeed and exciting to watch. Happily you missed the heyday of their fans' thuggery in the seventies and early 80's but you did have to put up with Lord Sugar and his very particular brand of football politicking which should give some clue why Spurs may not be on many fans' "like" list :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Redknapp ever left a club that didn't develop serious financial problems immediately afterwards?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Harry's not playing this very well. His comments about sending out a bad signal to players if the manager is in his final year of contracts seem at odds with his much-quoted willingness to walk away from Spurs and straight into the England job post-Capello meltdown in February.

The fact is there are no guarantees in football and the players know this. Martin O'Neill managed just fine at Celtic and Villa on rolling 12 month contracts, and would Spurs players REALLY baulk at signing a contract if Harry had less than one year to run? If Harry was to leave there would be a queue of quality managers knocking at Levy's door, notabkly Moyes.

The bottom line is - for whatever reason - Spurs went walkabout for a couple of months after the Capello resignation, including a complete gubbing in the FA Cup semi. I consider they had Champions League-quality players last season and they should have finished third. Levy has put up with a lot of shit with Harry and his murky tax affairs, and Harry forcing the issue out in public on his contract would piss me off too.

I think Levy will dump Harry and go for Moyes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Redknapps got the hump as Levy wanted millions to release him to England, simples.

Redknapp has said he was never approached to be England manager. Rightly or wrongly, I believe the FA had Hodgson down as their man the whole time, and I doubt whether the compensation was ever really an issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here