Jan 16, 2008
Harry's press interview - the final words

_60897624_reddknapp3.jpg

Lovely motor, one careful owner, full MOT, no tax though

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's interesting how personal fortunes can change. A few months back he was only 4 points from the top of the table and 10 clear of 3 and 4th place, and nailed on favourite to land the England job. Now he is unemployed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
AVB is favourite because it was reported there was a photo of him at heathrow. The photo was actually at manchester airport, where he had flown to sort out a custom car or something.

I don't think Tottenham will go for someone who failed at chelsea, their fans wouldn't be too happy.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
AVB is favourite because it was reported there was a photo of him at heathrow. The photo was actually at manchester airport, where he had flown to sort out a custom car or something.

I don't think Tottenham will go for someone who failed at chelsea, their fans wouldn't be too happy.

Aparantley pretty much a done deal and will be announced on Monday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to martin lipton last night:

Tottenham manager situation is rumour central at the moment. Now see Andre Villas-Boas is favourite, on basis of photograph of him at Heathrow Airport. Can tell you he actually was in Manchester, having flown via LHR from Faro, to complete purchase of his latest custom-built car (he collects cars and motor-cycles) and returning on same route. So far AVB has had no contact from Spurs. He is a possible and there is some interest but nothing concrete. Still think David Moyes top of the list

But then, he said Harry wasn't leaving spurs and then changed his tune 24 hours later. So he could be wrong again. (I misunderstood the manchester/lhr bit)

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Did he really "fail" at Chelsea? He was only there for 5 minutes and it seems to me that his crime was to attempt to rebuild the team by not picking the old guard. I'd hope his 5 minutes at Chelsea has not completely ruined a reputation that in 2010/11 saw his Porto side go undefeated, winning 27 of 30 league games, winning the treble and the Europa League.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Did he really "fail" at Chelsea? He was only there for 5 minutes and it seems to me that his crime was to attempt to rebuild the team by not picking the old guard. I'd hope his 5 minutes at Chelsea has not completely ruined a reputation that in 2010/11 saw his Porto side go undefeated, winning 27 of 30 league games, winning the treble and the Europa League.

He wasn't allowed to succeed there, really. I would put it in a bracket with Roys time at Liverpool as a period to be forgotten and not blight their future careers - with no fault attributed to either side. Whilst I never really warmed to AVB, I have yet to see what he can do.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
If he does go to Tottenham, I can see him being "allowed" to do what he wants. There isn't the same type of characters at Tottenham that there is at Chelsea - (BIG personalities like Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Cech and Cole). The Tottenham squad aren't likely to have a revolt.
So could bode well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The major players at Tottenham will not be a problem because they wont be there Modric, Bale, Van de Vaart Adebayor so he will be able to manage unlike at Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here