Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp Has Left Spurs

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You come across as being really jovial and funny about 98% of the time.

And then someone mentions Harry Redknapp and/or Portsmouth. :lolol:

It's just a fact really isn't it? Pompey aren't keen on him (now) because he walked out on them for Saints, and because it's finally dawning on a few of them that he might just be in some way partly responsible for the mess they're in. West Ham can't stand him in spite of the fact they'd bite your hand off right now if you offered them the position he took them to in the Premier League. Bournemouth probably look upon him fondly in the main, but probably because most of them are too young to remember the one decent season of their entire meaningless existence.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway: back to matters at hand.

Do we know what Dave Whelan thinks about all this yet?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Assou- Ekotto is one of the best left backs in the Premiership, no doubt about that. Worried the rumours of him having a £10m release clause in his contract and Arsenal willing to trigger it are true though.

Haha, £10m, if you are offered £1m for Ekotto you would have done well, but £10m, seriously?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
From the club website..........

The Club can today announce that Harry Redknapp will be leaving his post as manager.
Chairman Daniel Levy commented, "This is not a decision the Board and I have taken lightly. Harry arrived at the Club at a time when his experience and approach was exactly what was needed. This decision in no way detracts from the excellent work Harry has done during his time with the Club and I should like to thank him for his achievements and contribution. Harry will always be welcome at the Lane."

Harry said, "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Spurs and am proud of my achievements. I have had a fantastic four years with the Club, at times the football has been breathtaking. I am sad to be leaving but wish to thank the players, staff and fans for their terrific support during my time there."

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Can't stand the bloke, total fraud, hope that's the end of him in English football

I couldnt be more opposite..... an old school manager that lives and breathes football and knows the game and industry inside out, with the exception of saints he has punched well above his weight and in the case of Spurs has worked wonders.

Deluded Spurs fans are saying he had to go as he couldnt take them to the next level??/ wtf, they were 4 points adrift rock bottom of the prem and he took them to the Champions league and even qualified this year, only to be denied by Chelseas parked bus.

3 1/2 excellent seasons, and half a season (just gone) of faltering on the back of the massive stress of a court case and constant speculation about the England job, Get it into context. Trigger happy chairman Levy is an idiot

Spurs will be like Villa again very soon and they will rue the day they let Harry walk.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I couldnt be more opposite..... an old school manager that lives and breathes football and knows the game and industry inside out, with the exception of saints he has punched well above his weight and in the case of Spurs has worked wonders.

Deluded Spurs fans are saying he had to go as he couldnt take them to the next level??/ wtf, they were 4 points adrift rock bottom of the prem and he took them to the Champions league and even qualified this year, only to be denied by Chelseas parked bus.

3 1/2 excellent seasons, and half a season (just gone) of faltering on the back of the massive stress of a court case and constant speculation about the England job, Get it into context. Trigger happy chairman Levy is an idiot

Spurs will be like Villa again very soon and they will rue the day they let Harry walk.

With the side he came into anyone who spoke English and didnt play Bentley as a full back would have been able to keep Spurs up....

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I never got beyond the fact that I couldn't stand him ... if ever the word "dodgy" applied to anyone it was him, and I reckon he'd knife his own Granny for a couple of quid

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Ekotto has been brilliant for his club this season... very solid left back

Quality LB, I think 10 Mil would be a fair price but probably no more. But he's said he doesn't actually like football, he just see's it as his job and he's good at it.

Also, Modric will most likely hop over to United and for Bale...who knows...I just cant see him in a Barca shirt, maybe City will nab him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great piece in today's press about how Levy has grown tired of Redknapp. Apparently one of the big issues was the end-of-season collapse and then when Redknapp stated that the uncertainty surrounding his new contract would affect the top players at the club; Levy informed his he was in no position to make such statements.

Also, reading between the lines Levy seems to be sticking to his guns regarding salaries and contracts and is not being taken in like so many chairmen before him. I like Levy.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Great piece in today's press about how Levy has grown tired of Redknapp. Apparently one of the big issues was the end-of-season collapse and then when Redknapp stated that the uncertainty surrounding his new contract would affect the top players at the club; Levy informed his he was in no position to make such statements.

Also, reading between the lines Levy seems to be sticking to his guns regarding salaries and contracts and is not being taken in like so many chairmen before him. I like Levy.

Who does he report to ? I don't know who owns Spurs. He didn't seem to take any heat for hiring Ramos.

Of course, it's the chairmans jobs to approve or deny a managers spending, which seems to be where so many have gone wrong before him on HR.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently one of the big issues was the end-of-season collapse and then when Redknapp stated that the uncertainty surrounding his new contract would affect the top players at the club

I thought that. Another example of Redknapp's ego at work. Since when do the players give a shit about how long Harry has on his contract? They only care about their own deals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here