Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp Has Left Spurs

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just seen Harry on tv saying he is going nowhere but then again he was winking when he said it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he does go the inevitable will happen - Spuds will implode financially

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I've had a feeling this was coming for a couple of months now, my view on it is that Redknapp may go to Chelsea as Di Matteo hasn't been confirmed yet and I think Gus will take Harry's place, of course I certainly hope not but there's a strong possibility as Gus would jump at the chance.

Take it or leave it but I heard a rumour that if Harry goes Gus and Zola are lined up to take the spurs job, posted this weeks ago - still get 25-1 on gus being next spurs manager.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
How? Got a small wage bill for a top 4 side.

Highest earner is £70K.

Financially speaking, they are not really a top 4 side though, as they don't have CL football (and didn't last year).

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Redknapp probably believed all the media hype and thought that walking into the England job was just a formality. When it didn’t happen he got a tad miffed and threw his toys out of the pram with Levy, who as some posters have said, he holds responsible for putting too higher price on his head. Levy may have called his bluff on new contract negotiations leaving Redknapp with limited options.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Probably pay players like John Utaka & Sol Campbell wages vastly disproportionate to his club's income, and send them spiralling into bankruptcy?

Oh and I still don't think he was the nation's choice: he was the media's choice because he's a chirpy rent a quote who never short of a word for them. I think the silent majority would have taken him if appointed, but we're of the view that if he was the best option, there must have been a pretty low standard of candidates. Thankfully the FA saw past Redknapp's continual self-serving horseshit & went for Hodgson.

Could'nt agree more,he's.....er... let's just say he moves in mysterious ways!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Martin Lipton has revised his position
Genuine possibility that Harry Redknapp will not be Tottenham manager by close of business Wednesday. D-day meeting between Redknapp, his agent Paul Stretford and club chairman Daniel Levy scheduled. That does not mean exit but it is a possibility. Levy feels Redknapp culpable for team not finishing 3rd in PL this season and will not offer new contract despite Redknapp having just 12 months left on current deal. Would be a sad way for it to end but wonder how many Spurs will mourn departure?

Other journos seem to be thinking the same thing. 12 months left on his contract, Levy refusing to offer a new on at the moment, and Levy is kown for being stubborn with contracts (see: Modric). Key meeting today, even if he stays for now, not likely to want/get a new contract when his current deal expires (this new contract point I am inferring from the comments).

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Such stupid comments on here... Why the hell would harry leave a club like spurs. Where could he possibly go that's better, that will have him??

And nooo way Spurs will want Gus... (not for a few years anyway) he has hardly earnt the right to manage a top 4 prem league club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here