Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic alternatives to McGhee

Kinky Gerbils said:
Quite a few Crewe fans want him gone
And no prizes for guessing which way you would go if you were a Crewe fan.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
It's relevant because you've said Crewe have similar resources and yet are lower in the table than us. You want to sack the manager higher up the table. Just plain inconsistent really.
Are you thick?
I do not have an opinion on wether Dario Gradi should be sacked or not because I do not watch Crewe week in, week out and am therefore not in a position to comment.

5 games have been played, the table is an irrelevance at this stage.

Kinky Gerbils said:
I cant tell from not ever having seen his Hull team play.
but i wonder if they lose 4-1 at home?
So it's the margin of defeat in one game that's important, rather than getting no wins at all?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
And no prizes for guessing which way you would go if you were a Crewe fan.

Depends if they go down fighting or a whimper,k get outplayed at home, he falls out with players etc etc.

This is the first manager I have wanted sacked from Brighton

Silent Bob said:
Are you thick?
Are you a double-standard preaching hypocrite?

Kinky Gerbils said:

That's interesting, you would have given more time to Wood and Hinshelwood?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for Dick Knight. What exactly can he say to attract a prospective manager until the Falmer decision has been finalised?

Given the lack of funds and uncertainty over our future I can't see him appointing anyone ahead of Wilkins. However, it will be quite hard for Wilkins to assert himself with the old team of Booker, White and Hinshelwood still around, so the time could be right for a changing of the guard.

Personally, with so many youngsters being blooded I'd ideally like an old Albion ex-pro as No. 2 so that these kids would have some sense of history and not just see the club as a stepping stone a la CKR.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Are you a double-standard preaching hypocrite?
No. As you could tell if you actually managed to read a whole post.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:

This is also true of me.

I don't like seeing managers get sacked (mainly because it means we aren't performing as we should) but McGhee just hasn't delivered. He HAS had money to spend and a fair chunk of it was wasted (and YES I will keep going on about this). I know he's got to scrape the barrel but just don't pay a hundred grand for scrapings. We could have bought in someone with much more talent that Turienzo for that money. That really pissed me off.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Pavilionaire said:
I feel sorry for Dick Knight. What exactly can he say to attract a prospective manager until the Falmer decision has been finalised?

Fret not flower, Uncle Dick always pulls it out the bag and the fact there is no-one about is usual for this time of season. Great place to bring yer family, good team spirit, huge potential, loyal fanbase (until managers start acting bizarrely over long periods of time, shut it LI)...if McGhee had gone in the summer we would have been after Martin Allen, Phil Parkinson, Ronnie Moore, Stan Ternant, Leroy Rosenior, Dennis Wise etc.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
This is also true of me.
I hate siding with LI, I really do, but people who say that were not Albion fans under Martin Hinshelwood.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
I hate siding with LI, I really do, but people who say that were not Albion fans under Martin Hinshelwood.
Does he really count?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Benny Zamora said:
Fret not flower, Uncle Dick always pulls it out the bag and the fact there is no-one about is usual for this time of season. Great place to bring yer family, good team spirit, huge potential, loyal fanbase (until managers start acting bizarrely over long periods of time, shut it LI)...if McGhee had gone in the summer we would have been after Martin Allen, Phil Parkinson, Ronnie Moore, Stan Ternant, Leroy Rosenior, Dennis Wise etc.

The point I made earlier in post about managers being around in the summer - the club acts to slowly again. shock

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Benny Zamora said:

Well said that man. :clap:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
There have been plenty of internal appointments that have worked in the past....just not at the Albion! - Take the Liverpool bootroom for instance. Liverpool were the strongest side in England and maybe europe until they made an external appointment...Souness! (although some say that Dalglish was losing it at the end )

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Kinky Gerbils said:
The point I made earlier in post about managers being around in the summer - the club acts to slowly again. shock

I'm sure DK had it in the back of his mind, not least because of most of the other directors imploring him to do it by all accounts. But he's a patient and fair chairman, and - after on paper only one bad season - the patient and fair thing to do was to give McGhee more time. We're still talking several months down the line if McGhee goes, by which time a whole load of decent managers will inevitably be available (he says, dreaming naughtily of Curbishley failing to spark interest from anyone in the Premiershit.)

TRUST IN DICK :albion: :unclesam:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I would like to see Wilkins given a go, alternatively we could perhaps get Sven Goran Erikson whom is currently out of work!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here