Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic alternatives to McGhee

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
I hate siding with LI, I really do, but people who say that were not Albion fans under Martin Hinshelwood.

I didn't have time to want Hinsh sacked and I didn't really want him to be, I thoguht he could turn it around. McGhee has been really pissing me off for over a year now and it seems he's been given far too long to prove that he can do something for this cub.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
What does seem sad is the so called acceptance that we are somehow not of the standard of a L1 club using all the tired excuses from last season.

Well that is UTTER bollocks, I defy anyone to justify why playing at souless shitholes such as Scunthorpe, Port Vale, Rotherham etc etc can be any worse than the set up we have here, after all the money is in the bank every Friday and the conditions are no worse than at the shit holes (and others) mentioned above.

The money we are offering (albeit for a limited quantity of players) can only be bettered at 3 or 4 other clubs in this division, and our books are in better shape than the majority.

Mickey Adams and Steve Coppel had no difficulty operating at this level, players came in and there was certainly not the maliase that hangs over the club now, I fully back MM in his dealings with overpaid underacievers, but for fucks sake, when are we going to start to wake up and stop blaming Falmer for everything, we have to realise that if we fail to compete in this division then who the f*** are we ever going to fill/pay for a new stadium.

Positivity is not coming from Knight/Perry/McGhee about what is going on, on the pitch, loose sight of your main product, and all the hopes and dreams are basically f***ed.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
LI - I don't think it's about the league table (as you say, it's too early to judge anything by that) and nor do I think it's a knee jerk reaction to one bad defeat.

For me it's about the things that have been going wrong for ages, and are still going wrong. I think he was a very lucky man to survive last season, BUT those who were still backing him in May were generally doing so with the caveat of him needing to start this season well.

Well, he hasn't. Instead we are seeing that he still can't attract players, those he does get in he doesn't seem to know what to do with (Lowe), he is still falling out with players we need, unbelievable substitutions, nonsensical tactics and strange selections.

The look last season was of a set of players who just didn't seem to have any fight left in them, no leadership on the field and a distinct lack of it off the field. Plenty of people had seen enough of that to want McGhee gone then. To see the same problems this season, just comfirms that he is not going to be able to turn this around, and we are going to get more and more of the same. The collapse of last season from Xmas onwards was not a temporary set-back, it's what McGhee is all about.

He looks to have lost the players, and when you read childish digs like those he threw in Jarrett's direction when he left, and it's not hard to see how the players could lose respect for the man.

I'm not one to scream "McGhee OUT!" that's just not what I've ever done to any manager, but I've long since reached the point where I will not challenge someone who does shout it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Dare I say it, Wilson.

Typical Knight appointment, a man with something to prove.

That would be my choice as well!!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Neale Cooper.

Doubt he would be interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here