Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Buck said:
Was he another of Fergies granite heads?

Yes, but he aint no McGhee, he is a proper nutter and massively passionate about what he does.

Hartlepool fans still rate him as one of their best ever managers.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Rougvie said:
Positivity is not coming from Knight/Perry/McGhee about what is going on, on the pitch, loose sight of your main product, and all the hopes and dreams are basically f***ed.

That is right. People need to be entertained, most BHAFC fans will not give blind acceptance of a shit product. Wake up Knight and Perry

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Buck said:
So he was not mates with our esteemed manager?

Sort of, I only know Cooper through a friend of a friend kind of thing, there are a lot of tie ups from the glory European days between the players of that era who are now managers. I know they all meet up from time to time, but McGhee seems very much to be on the fringes of that, and not at all sure that Alex Ferguson has a great deal of time for a good few of them (Strachan in particular) but Cooper has VERY strong links with his old manager and was well thought of in the transfer market.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Rougvie said:
Sort of, I only know Cooper through a friend of a friend kind of thing, there are a lot of tie ups from the glory European days between the players of that era who are now managers. I know they all meet up from time to time, but McGhee seems very much to be on the fringes of that, and not at all sure that Alex Ferguson has a great deal of time for a good few of them (Strachan in particular) but Cooper has VERY strong links with his old manager and was well thought of in the transfer market.

I would guess that Cooper is one of these managers that would get a team well organised, very fit and playing for each other.

Not all that unlike Mr M Adams?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
I would guess that Cooper is one of these managers that would get a team well organised, very fit and playing for each other.

You mean we haven't at the moment? How very dare you!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Jim in the West said:
The only alternative is Wilkins. The last thing we need now is a completely new guy.
I agree although having now sat down and thought about this and depending what happens before thursday I think we might just as well stay with what we have and if the shit does hit the fan wilkins is there to pick up any pieces.:albion:

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Parkinson of Hull?Don't think he will last much longer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt there a manager at Hartlepool, his name is on the tip of my tongue, who took them to the play offs but not the final when Cooper went to Gillingham?

They say never go back but what is Chris Catlin doing now apart from counting his money that he made through property investment. Maybe Director of Football with a young recently qualified coach or Dean Wilkins.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
elwheelio said:
nigel clough

Top choice but think he is the comfort zone in the non league and feels no real reason to challenge himself.
I'm sure there is a ex pro or 2 dying to get a chance to build a career.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
BensGrandad said:
Wasnt there a manager at Hartlepool, his name is on the tip of my tongue, who took them to the play offs but not the final when Cooper went to Gillingham?

They say never go back but what is Chris Catlin doing now apart from counting his money that he made through property investment. Maybe Director of Football with a young recently qualified coach or Dean Wilkins.

Martin Scott

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here