Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic alternatives to McGhee

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What about COMMANDING the dressing room? Whoever replaces McGhee will make the Magoo out drones realise that uppity, agent-driven but mediocre players are a feature of the modern game and not restricted to one manager.

At least Wilkins would be a) cheap and b) sufficiently old to stave off the usual problem with appointing from within: how to discipline people whom you've always treated as equals.

But it says a bit when Wendy Wilkins is seemingly the only realistic alternative to shake them up (to be fair, I haven't heard of many of the suggestions above)...I'm sure that Roy Keane's pending arrival at Sunderland will be having no less a motivating effect...

Oh, and anyone who says DK should sack him anyway then start looking find someone is, frankly, talking a load of old shit, IMHO. That IS bollocks.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I could take my cat to Withdean and get it to shit on McGhee's space in the dugout, I'd wager the shit has more tactical awareness than that clown during the 90 minutes of play.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
British Bulldog said:
Dean Wilkins - Manager

John Byrne - Assistant

Ian Chapman & John Crumplin - Coaching staff

Barry Lloyd - Scout.

A proper Albion set up.

This is why not :-
Dean Wilkins - No Management Experience
John Byrne - No Management Experience
Ian and John - No Coaching Experience
Barry Lloyd - No Scouting Experience

Other than that, and excellent idea, at least we'd get relegated with proper Albion men at the helm

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Man of Harveys said:
What about COMMANDING the dressing room? Whoever replaces McGhee will make the Magoo out drones realise that uppity, agent-driven but mediocre players are a feature of the modern game and not restricted to one manager.

At least Wilkins would be a) cheap and b) sufficiently old to stave off the usual problem with appointing from within: how to discipline people whom you've always treated as equals.

But it says a bit when Wendy Wilkins is seemingly the only realistic alternative to shake them up (to be fair, I haven't heard of many of the suggestions above)...I'm sure that Roy Keane's pending arrival at Sunderland will be having no less a motivating effect...

Oh, and anyone who says DK should sack him anyway then start looking find someone is, frankly, talking a load of old shit, IMHO. That IS bollocks.

You are bollocks. Two big bollocks that i want to bag and charm in my seedy aviery.
The whole thing i imagine a number of us may wonder is what is screamed in command in the dressing room anyway. I have no idea what McGhee might succeed or fail at because it changes in dreams he holds at night. He's definitely a different human to me or what i like to see so its often difficult to stomach.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Wanderer said:
This is why not :-
Dean Wilkins - No Management Experience
John Byrne - No Management Experience
Ian and John - No Coaching Experience
Barry Lloyd - No Scouting Experience

Other than that, and excellent idea, at least we'd get relegated with proper Albion men at the helm

Chapman has been managing Whitehawk and has been coaching some of the youth teams at the Albion in the past.

Crumplin has managed some of the local sides and he does not need experience as he is a football genius.

Barry Lloyd should never be allowed near professional football again.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Trigger said:
I could take my cat to Withdean and get it to shit on McGhee's space in the dugout, I'd wager the shit has more tactical awareness than that clown during the 90 minutes of play.

TRIGGERS CAT FOR MANAGER !!!!!!!!!

(it must have a full stomache before all games start though !!!) :jester: :jester:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Uncle Buck said:
Chapman has been managing Whitehawk and has been coaching some of the youth teams at the Albion in the past.

Crumplin has managed some of the local sides and he does not need experience as he is a football genius.

Barry Lloyd should never be allowed near professional football again.

Hardly a recipe for success !!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't give a f*** who is replacement could be (there WOULD be decent applications as has been pointed out). All I know is McGhee is taking this club backwards, regardless of the Falmer situation. His tactics are ridiculous. He put Revell out wide right to win headers for f*** sake. What's the point of winning a header out there?

The second half at Forest and at home against Brentford summed it up for me, we went in at half time with a lead and then started playing like dickheads. What does the man say at half time to make us play so badly in the second half which has happened more and more often recently? He's starting to REALLY annoy me now and if I wasn't being strangely drawn to watching lower league football at the moment I wouldn't be going to any matches at all.

Oh yeah and if you aren't goign to sign anybody please just say so and not string us long in the hope that this magical target man that we've been chasing ever since you took the job will appear. You should have convinced Lumo to stay anyway. You sorry Scots twat.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I don't give a f*** who is replacement could be (there WOULD be decent applications as has been pointed out). All I know is McGhee is taking this club backwards, regardless of the Falmer situation. His tactics are ridiculous. He put Revell out wide right to win headers for f*** sake. What's the point of winning a header out there?

The second half at Forest and at home against Brentford summed it up for me, we went in at half time with a lead and then started playing like dickheads. What does the man say at half time to make us play so badly in the second half which has happened more and more often recently? He's starting to REALLY annoy me now and if I wasn't being strangely drawn to watching lower league football at the moment I wouldn't be going to any matches at all.

Oh yeah and if you aren't goign to sign anybody please just say so and not string us long in the hope that this magical target man that we've been chasing ever since you took the job will appear. You should have convinced Lumo to stay anyway. You sorry Scots twat.
:clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton

Post of the day Bon Bobs. :clap:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Well at least Chappers hasnt sat on the fence with this one eh ???? :lolol:

Good post though :clap: :clap:

Silent Bob said:
Well our sqaud remained pretty much intact whereas they lost several key players, but anyway we are only 2 points above them so there's not much to choose really.

Credit to the manager for keeping our squad intact then? :)

Agreed - there is not much to choose between us and Crewe at the moment. But yet you want McGhee sacked but realise how embarassing making such a similar call for Gradi is.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So - in amongst the hormones - still no-one then? Just Dean Wilkins? Blimey, he'd better know what he's doing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Credit to the manager for keeping our squad intact then? :)

Agreed - there is not much to choose between us and Crewe at the moment. But yet you want McGhee sacked but realise how embarassing making such a similar call for Gradi is.

Not really!

How many of the players that were out of contract would have found new clubs willing to pay them the same?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Highly t to the rue there homeslice.

Considering he wanted to keep the job so badly, I cannot believe how McGhee is strangling himself with this ongoing targetman charade. Remember when we beat Sunderland 2-1 at Wankdean with McCammon scoring the winner? We don't need Jan Koller. If we'd had any options in the box we would have beaten Boston by three or four goals. David Cameron would score 10-15 goals for us this season, let alone Iwelumo or Benjamin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here