Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real beginner at jogging needs advice guys.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Second session done, affter a 2.41 warm up walk two hours eariler. Not sure was best idea as felt shattered at end of 4th one minute, but made it around, so no complaints. Was only an hour break between the walk and the 16 min walk/jog so maybe not best idea. but anyway thats it till Friday now. Weigh in at Slimming World tonight. Not overly optimistic as two choccy days this week, but as an alcoholic in recovery better choccy than drink, or else fitness regime would be well and truly kaput!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Second session done, affter a 2.41 warm up walk two hours eariler. Not sure was best idea as felt shattered at end of 4th one minute, but made it around, so no complaints. Was only an hour break between the walk and the 16 min walk/jog so maybe not best idea. but anyway thats it till Friday now. Weigh in at Slimming World tonight. Not overly optimistic as two choccy days this week, but as an alcoholic in recovery better choccy than drink, or else fitness regime would be well and truly kaput!

Keep it up Highway :thumbsup: Respect!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Thanks LB, just back from my slimming club and despite my choc fest i have lost 5 pound, so well pleased

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Thanks LB, just back from my slimming club and despite my choc fest i have lost 5 pound, so well pleased

I hope you're doing dark chocolate. It's much better for you.:thumbsup:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I hope you're doing dark chocolate. It's much better for you.:thumbsup:

was in the Littlehampton Carnival procession at weekend and was throwing choccies to the crowd, well it was more like one for you and one for me!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
have to say i approached week two with a little trepidation even though the increased exercise was only an extra 2 mins of the programme, being 1 min run/2 min walk repeated 6 times + 18 mins as opposed to week ones 16 mins. But i was pleased when i had completed it, certainly found it a bit harder this time, but feel pretty good for doing it, rest now till Weds. Was interested in heart rate reading. My resting rate of 70 shows as being just above average, and at height of the exercise it was 111. not too sure what that means mind!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
have to say i approached week two with a little trepidation even though the increased exercise was only an extra 2 mins of the programme, being 1 min run/2 min walk repeated 6 times + 18 mins as opposed to week ones 16 mins. But i was pleased when i had completed it, certainly found it a bit harder this time, but feel pretty good for doing it, rest now till Weds. Was interested in heart rate reading. My resting rate of 70 shows as being just above average, and at height of the exercise it was 111. not too sure what that means mind!

Hi there are plenty of calculators online. The optimum is 60-70% efficiency for burning fat. There is one here for example http://www.gymuser.co.uk/tools/calculators/body/target-heart-rate.htm

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011

The thing with heart rate is the recovery time. You need to time how long it takes you to recover from 111 bpm back to 70 bpm. This is how fit you are.
A good athlete will be able to double his starting bpm, ie start at 70 bpm train to get it to 140.Then time their recovery time. The quicker the recovery time the better. But I would not worry yourself to much about this
at this stage.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
And well done. You have lost a fifth of your body weight, you must be feeling better already.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Hows it going this week highway? Hope its still going okay.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Hows it going this week highway? Hope its still going okay.

Hi LB. Just home from Slim Club, 3 more pound off, done my 18min jog/walk this morning and it felt a tad easier, if easier is the word ! it is 6th week at Slimming World and averaging around 2.5 lb a week loss, just a bit more, so its actually exactly what i had been hoping for. Ta all for your support

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Hi LB. Just home from Slim Club, 3 more pound off, done my 18min jog/walk this morning and it felt a tad easier, if easier is the word ! it is 6th week at Slimming World and averaging around 2.5 lb a week loss, just a bit more, so its actually exactly what i had been hoping for. Ta all for your support

Top drawer highway... legendary performance :clap:

Keep us updated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here