Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rascism alive and well in the Big Brother house

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
jonny.rainbow said:
Don't forget Jack referring to Shilpa as "f***ing Paki" the other night.

If that was said at a football match, and was heard by a steward or police, you would be arrested for it.

I haven't watched much CBB, so I can't comment first hand. However if he DID say that, the police should be waiting for him when he leaves the house.

Mimicking an accent, and all the bitchy comments are unpleasant and childish. However, calling someone a f***ing paki is racist and NOT acceptable.

I genuinely hope he is beaten senseless (not that that would take much!!) when he comes out. (Assuming he is not banged up of course :D )

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Early Doors said:
If that was said at a football match, and was heard by a steward or police, you would be arrested for it.

I haven't watched much CBB, so I can't comment first hand. However if he DID say that, the police should be waiting for him when he leaves the house.

Mimicking an accent, and all the bitchy comments are unpleasant and childish. However, calling someone a f***ing paki is racist and NOT acceptable.

I genuinely hope he is beaten senseless (not that that would take much!!) by a gang of Asians when he comes out. (Assuming he is not banged up of course :D )

It's been pretty much confirmed that wasn't said.

I think that possibly if he did say that, they would have left it in to be honest, because the fall out of censoring it would have been worse than leaving it in.

It would have leaked out anyway.

They've got a big team down there, a friend of friend is an editor on the series and quite obviously they gossip

I havent really seen any of this series, but have read quite a lot on forums talking about it. I find it fascinating to be honest - there are people quite literally addicted to it. People are quite glued to the live feeds day and night.

What has been said (what I've read) smacks of ignorance more than anything else.

The (unconfirmed) comment about "Indians being thin because they can't prepare food properly" I don't find racist, just incredibly stupid.

My African mate was living in the Communist Ukraine when two old men were having an argument on a park bench. One came up to him and asked - Can you settlement an argument ? My mate is convinced you are a "Chinaman" and I don't think you are.

I'd file the big brother comments under the above.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Early Doors said:
I genuinely hope he is beaten senseless (not that that would take much!!) by a gang of Asians when he comes out. (Assuming he is not banged up of course :D )

And to think I get called racist scum! :nono:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I am in Mumbai (Bombay) and Shilpa and English racism is the front page of the newspaper and top storey in TV news. They are using the Big Brother experience as a parallel for British attitudes towards Inida in general.

Hard to believe that people as daft as this lot can cause international news and the shame of a country!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
fleet said:
I am in Mumbai (Bombay) and Shilpa and English racism is the front page of the newspaper and top storey in TV news. They are using the Big Brother experience as a parallel for British attitudes towards Inida in general.

Hard to believe that people as daft as this lot can cause international news and the shame of a country!

What, you mean the actions of a few idiots are being used as the basis for comments about the whole of the UK in general? Terrible, but for some reason it sounds vaguely familiar.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Surely calling someone a "f***ing paki" is not racist - it is how it is said ...................................

Big Brother had its day a while ago. There will just be more of the same until Channel 4 belatedly pulls the plug.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Like I say we have now seen the true colours of Jade.

Unfortunately the papers will be cueing up for her take in the BB house, but I think after this episode Britains love affair with Jade will be different.

When celebrities fall out of favour with the papers it takes years for these celebrities to get up.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ah the show that made her career also finishes it.........now that would be a dose of irony too good to be missed!!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Surely calling someone a "f***ing paki" is not racist - it is how it is said ...................................

Big Brother had its day a while ago. There will just be more of the same until Channel 4 belatedly pulls the plug.

I'm pretty sure that calling an Indian person "a f***ing paki" behind their back is racist whatever the context

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Keaton - you would think so, but this came up in another thread.

It says in the paper that the Carphone Warehouse are considering their sponsorship. Quite right too.
Well Done Carphone Warehouse :clap: Serves the produces of BB bringing in such ignorant, brain dead twats.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
clapham_gull said:
I'll say it again: IT WASN'T SAID !!

But other things have been, which smack of cultural ignorance.

cultural ignorance is closer to the mark than outright racism

If a Pakistani said all English people had bad teeth - would there be this uproar? - probably not

Albion Rob

Juan Albion said:
What, you mean the actions of a few idiots are being used as the basis for comments about the whole of the UK in general? Terrible, but for some reason it sounds vaguely familiar.

IMHO, the attitude smacks of cultural ignorance and is quite racist in the sense it tars all people of "British ethnicity" (whatever the hell that is) with the same derogatory brush.

A bit like the BB house then....

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Shilpas agent was on TV this morning and basically said that it was bullying and jealousy but the racism thing was borderline which sums it up from what I have seen of the shows (which is quite a few *saddo*). They are just a bunch of stupid bitchy women who have decided to mouth off and pick on someone on national TV and show themselves up for the pathetic ignorant idiots they really are.

Jade of course, will deny any accusation of racism because she is mixed race, I just hope her and her twat of a boyfriend will disappear after this but it's wishful thinking as she will be on the cover of every magazine with HER story of how badly edited she's been!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It is borderline racism at the very worst, they are just 3 of the most pig f***ing ignorant old dogs that this country has dredged up. What it most definatley is though is severe playground stylee Bullying which is just as bad imo.

The one positive is that it should finish all 3 of their careers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here