Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions to the "Hawkins is shit" mob

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He was CRACKING when he dropped us points by giving away a penalty in one of the first few games and nearly GIFTED Southend a goal with a shocking back-pass the likes of which Joel Lynch would have been SHOT for.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
You hear alot of these mindless idiots, doing their very best to try to completely destroy the confidence of one of our first team players, which is very conterproductive, earlier in the season he was playing well, and completely deserved to be playing, he canme back from injury, (possibly too soon), but it was Adams choice, and therefore his mistake (if it was a mistake), and that should not be held against Hawkins, someone who goes out and gives it his best whenever he plays.

Lynch also had his poor spells, (as do all players) but to read some of the comments posted on here, Lynch was always faultless, and Hawkins has never done anything right.

If you seriously believe there should be someone else in the back four instead, why not say who you would rather see playing there rather than just single out one of the players for ridicule and abuse. Or even better still, encourage Hawkins on with support, aimed at boosting his confidence and hopefully his form will them return.

Why do some think that they are unable to support this team without having to find someone to be a scapegoat and vent their frustrations at them, even when we have been winning with that player in the side!!

Get behind the team and encourage them on to victory.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My point dear, is that he was, and is, total SHITE.

I'm not really changing it, am I?

If you had an employee who was underperforming his potential, would you take every opportunity to tell him how shit he is? Robbie Keane scored his league first goal for the Bindippers yesterday, and he cost £20m, but it was noticeable the Anfield crowd have not been getting on his back despite his lack of return to date. Are they wrong and you right in taking such delight in someone else's misfortune?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
You hear alot of these mindless idiots, doing their very best to try to completely destroy the confidence of one of our first team players, which is very conterproductive, earlier in the season he was playing well, and completely deserved to be playing, he canme back from injury, (possibly too soon), but it was Adams choice, and therefore his mistake (if it was a mistake), and that should not be held against Hawkins, someone who goes out and gives it his best whenever he plays.

Lynch also had his poor spells, (as do all players) but to read some of the comments posted on here, Lynch was always faultless, and Hawkins has never done anything right.

If you seriously believe there should be someone else in the back four instead, why not say who you would rather see playing there rather than just single out one of the players for ridicule and abuse. Or even better still, encourage Hawkins on with support, aimed at boosting his confidence and hopefully his form will them return.

Why do some think that they are unable to support this team without having to find someone to be a scapegoat and vent their frustrations at them, even when we have been winning with that player in the side!!

Get behind the team and encourage them on to victory.

Absolutely :clap:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I would rather see Adam Virgo, Joel Lynch or Adam El Abd playing instead.

Happy now?

He is a professional football. He should either play well enough to not attract groans of dispair whenever he cocks up or should have skin thick enough not to let the crowd bother him.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If you had an employee who was underperforming his potential, would you take every opportunity to tell him how shit he is? Robbie Keane scored his league first goal for the Bindippers yesterday, and he cost £20m, but it was noticeable the Anfield crowd have not been getting on his back despite his lack of return to date. Are they wrong and you right in taking such delight in someone else's misfortune?

I'm not telling HAWKINS he is shit though, and I'd much rather he wasn't, because then we might actually keep some clean sheets and win a few more games...

It is just INFURIATING that someone so obviously poor is still in the defence ahead of El-Abd and Virgo, and the decision to play him has cost us one of the best prospects at the club.

Obviously, I could just adopt the 'say nothing' approach, but it really wouldn't be as fun, would it?:jester:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I cannot help feeling admiration for and a slight debt of gratitude to him for scoring the best own goal since Glen Thomas at Brentford. Maybe that's cos I didn't go to the game and just got to laugh at it on telly.
I thought Hawkins finish was more clinical than Thomas's. Sullivan didn't even have time to move

seagulljez

Nov 8, 2008
Why did Adams play Hawkins who currently looks like a county league footballer ahead of Adam, who didn't look comfi playing in midfield.
It was nonsense...and we got the right runaround for most of the first half

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I'm not telling HAWKINS he is shit though, and I'd much rather he wasn't, because then we might actually keep some clean sheets and win a few more games...

It is just INFURIATING that someone so obviously poor is still in the defence ahead of El-Abd and Virgo, and the decision to play him has cost us one of the best prospects at the club.

Obviously, I could just adopt the 'say nothing' approach, but it really wouldn't be as fun, would it?:jester:

Have to agree - Adams seems completly oblvious when it comes to Hawkins - Why not simply drop him???????????

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Colin Hawkins biggest problem seems to be that he's not Tommy Elphick.

Watch him closely and in a lot of games he makes plenty of important headers, strong tackles and uncompromising clearances.

But if we concede, well, for the sheep it couldn't ever be in any way the fault of Elphick .. so there's only one man to vilify.

Don't get me wrong, Elphick's excellent. But he makes the odd mistake too, and his distribution is poor and yet that is entirely ignored by the boo boys.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Maybe Lynch wanted away anyway? If I recall correctly Adams told him he was going to be IN the side at Yeovil but Lynch declined to play.

Players like that, can f*** right off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As I was MILES away in the family stand, can somebody confirm something about their third goal.

Which Albion player was it who conceded the corner from which they scored? He covered across the back, made a good interception, boought himself enough space to clear it down the line, but then fatally tried to cut back inside the striker and lost the ball. He recovered sufficiently to put it out for a corner....

Whoever that was, they were 75% to blame for that goal, as it was totally needless. [Fleetwood takes the 25% for completely failing to challenge for the loose ball on the edge of the box]

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
As I was MILES away in the family stand, can somebody confirm something about their third goal.

Which Albion player was it who conceded the corner from which they scored? He covered across the back, made a good interception, boought himself enough space to clear it down the line, but then fatally tried to cut back inside the striker and lost the ball. He recovered sufficiently to put it out for a corner....

Whoever that was, they were 75% to blame for that goal, as it was totally needless. [Fleetwood takes the 25% for completely failing to challenge for the loose ball on the edge of the box]

Was definatley Hawkins as I remember thinking he has done that and they will score from it, and the blame having to lay with The Hawk again, but it was Fleetwoods fault for "doing a Jake" on the edge of our box

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks. I genuinely didn't know who it was. It really was a STUPID piece of decision making.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here