Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions to the "Hawkins is shit" mob

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
1. Do you believe he goes out and gives 100%?

2. Do you believe he is pissed off when he fucks up, particularly if the error leads to a goal?

3. If you were Colin Hawkins and you were picked in the starting 11 for Brighton & Hove Albion would you pull on the stripes and play?

4. If Colin Hawkins is not up to the task, isn't it the fault of the manager as he is consistently picking Hawkins?
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes.

The guy is only human and he obviously doesn't WANT to make mistakes, and when people cheer your substitution that's going to hurt. I'd say that is as much directed at the manager as the player though. Some people have said he was booed but I didn't hear that.

If Adam Virgo wasn't at the club, do you think they'd still be saying the same thing?
Why not? Hawkins is sadly not very good. If he was the only option we had he'd still be a poor one. The fact that Virgo (and El-Abd, and Lynch) are better makes it more frustrating admittedly, but it doesn't make people not rate Hawkins.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Four facts to consider:
Hawk came a close second in the NSC player of the month for August.
We were all raving about him.
He got injured and hasn't been the same since.
The fcuking neandethals on here have short memories.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We played about three games in August, people just hadn't cottoned on to him yet. Hawkins is just not very good. Sorry.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not true. He had a couple of HALF decent matches against relatively shit teams and NSC went MAD about how he was the new Bobby Moore.

The majority of NSC, anyway.

Still, at least people have finally sussed that 'lumbering oaf' is more appropriate than Bobby Moore...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Like you, I have always thought signing him was a backward step and that he is poor.

Just took the others a while to catch up!

In all fairness, you worked out that he was shit before he'd played, I actually had to watch him before coming to that conclusion. :D

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It didn't take a genius.

Played hardly any first team games in England despite being a fair age and, more importantly probably, was willing to drop down a league to play for us...

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
It didn't take a genius.

Played hardly any first team games in England despite being a fair age and, more importantly probably, was willing to drop down a league to play for us...

your second point logically means that no player should ever drop down a league cos therefore they are shit.

?????????

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No. But when someone is prepared to come and play for a club which is SKINT, plays at a shit ground and is the league below is does not suggest a host of top sides are interested in him does it?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
What people are failing to see is that up until the own goal, he was having a great game, so why people are calling it a 'shocker' I don't know. Like I said, so many defenders score own goals, that doesn't make him shit.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What a weird sense of humour you have.

He was GASH. What about the absolute CARNAGE in the box for the other two goals? What about the 4 good chances Hartlepool fluffed in the first half? What about the way he lost possession which lead to the corner for the third goal?

"great apart from the own goal" :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The style of football Hartlepool played, i.e. quite direct, actually suited Hawkins and he won a few crowd pleasing free headers (none of which actually went anywhere near a Brighton player mind...).

I agree up to the own goal he wasn't having his WORST game but that is a long way from actually playing well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He got injured and hasn't been the same since.
The fcuking neandethals on here have short memories.

you dont think that maybe he's not properly recovered from injury since he was thrown back into the team when other options were/are available? neandethals seems a bit strong for people who are just dismayed our squad is underperforming.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
He was GASH. What about the absolute CARNAGE in the box for the other two goals? What about the 4 good chances Hartlepool fluffed in the first half? What about the way he lost possession which lead to the corner for the third goal?

"great apart from the own goal" :lolol:

If you read it again fool, you will see my original post said 'up until the own goal he was having a great game'. So at least when making a point, get it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here