Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I feel very sorry for Liz. Impossible position for her. Her mothering side will be fierce to protect her son, that is what Mum's do isn't it ? At least until and if he is proved guilty. Whatever she does it seems is wrong for some. A sad state of affairs imo

This is potentially a very serious situation for the monarchy.
Other stuff like Charles and Diana was all internal but this is on a different level.
Since the judge in NY made that decision she had no choice but to protect the monarchy especially at a time when they are not as well loved as they used to be, in this country and around the world.
She knows she will die soon and she holds it all together and Andrew could do a lot of damage.
Service and the monarchy come first in her life.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Interesting that the Queen decided to strip him of HRH at this point. He’s no more guilty or innocent today than he was yesterday.

If she gave a shit she would have taken it away straight after that TV interview. Now she knows he’s going to have to face court she decides to distance herself.

She’s known he’s guilty as sin for years. Far too little, far too late.

I don’t care if he had shagged some little 17 year old tart….. but ffs at least have the decency to brag about it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Interesting that the Queen decided to strip him of HRH at this point. He’s no more guilty or innocent today than he was yesterday.

If she gave a shit she would have taken it away straight after that TV interview. Now she knows he’s going to have to face court she decides to distance herself.

She’s known he’s guilty as sin for years. Far too little, far too late.

I agree. Surely step one of this is to get him to face court over these allegations? Once his guilt is determined either way then the palace can add their response to the findings.

As you say this smacks of them trying to distance themselves from the whole thing rather than trying to get justice. Or they know something that we don't (well something we suspect).

If he is found guilty I believe that an investigation into the Palace's actions throughout this whole mess is appropriate and necessary.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I feel very sorry for Liz. Impossible position for her. Her mothering side will be fierce to protect her son, that is what Mum's do isn't it ? At least until and if he is proved guilty. Whatever she does it seems is wrong for some. A sad state of affairs imo

Nah. It’s always about the firm first.

Don’t think she has much motherly instinct. When Charles had his appendix removed (aged 7) it was his nanny that took him to hospital and visited him.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I agree. Surely step one of this is to get him to face court over these allegations? Once his guilt is determined either way then the palace can add their response to the findings.

As you say this smacks of them trying to distance themselves from the whole thing rather than trying to get justice. Or they know something that we don't (well something we suspect).

If he is found guilty I believe that an investigation into the Palace's actions throughout this whole mess is appropriate and necessary.

The RF are so far removed from any serious scrutiny (tabloid media isn’t serious) that any investigation is beyond the realms of any possibility. They are a public institution or a private institution depending whichever suits them at the time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Or Liz has been advised and this is for financial reasons and to reduce damage to the Royal family.
They are going to try and pay her off, if he is still HRH then it could be a huge amount that she can't say no to but, unless the Queen pays out of her own pocket the money may come from the taxpayer which would finish the Royal family as it would be unacceptable to the public to keep Andrew out of court, as HRH they could demand millions more than the offer to stay out of court.
As a private citizen he is only worth what he is personally worth and I'm guessing that isn't much.
But will the offer be enough or will she have her day in court.
If it does go to court and he is guilty he will not be seen as a member of the Royal family as such and not too much damage done to the monarchy.
Andrew will then totally disappear.

seems good theory. she settled for half a mill against Epstein, doubt will take much for this one.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The queen is great, the queen is popular and we're lucky to have her, but you don't want another monarch? Why wouldn't Charles be able to follow in her footsteps? He's been in training for 70 odd years with the best possible role model. His eco credentials are impeccable. William will take over from him in due course. Why dismantle one system just to set up another with the same bloke. You seem to be a bit conflicted on this one. Luckily, the more our elected representatives behave badly, the more popular the Queen and her successors become.

His ECO credentials are not impeccable he supports hunting. Fox hunting still happens on his property and he rode with the hunters. Shooting game birds is not supporting the ECO system , pheasants are an invasive species which are added to each year, untold wildlife (e.g. foxes, stoats, birds of prey ) are killed to protect the birds that are going to be shot, pheasants and game birds have a disastrous impact on the insect life of the land they occupy so even if they stop the land will need to recover. He also shot a tiger for 'fun'.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just playing devils advocate here.

News Flash, kids lie to their parents & NO parent wants to consider the possibility that their children are evil.

Maybe just maybe, she has sat him down, and found out the truth, and has distanced herself as far as she can, given protocol.
Maybe, just maybe she is distraught, that he is putting the family through this, maybe just maybe she is appalled by his behaviour.

Give her some slack fella, you know in your line of work, not everything is cut and dry, and things escalate, beyond anyone's control sometimes, and others pick up the flack.

kids do lie to parents but most parents don't have their kids followed around by special branch or others who are employed to ensure there is no scope for lies.

I doubt this was the queen's decision I think she has been told that to preserve the monarchy she needs to remove the threat.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
His ECO credentials are not impeccable he supports hunting. Fox hunting still happens on his property and he rode with the hunters. Shooting game birds is not supporting the ECO system , pheasants are an invasive species which are added to each year, untold wildlife (e.g. foxes, stoats, birds of prey ) are killed to protect the birds that are going to be shot, pheasants and game birds have a disastrous impact on the insect life they occupy so even if they stop the land will need to recover. He also shot a tiger for 'fun'.

Ok, fair enough. Apart from the hunting then.:facepalm:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
seems good theory. she settled for half a mill against Epstein, doubt will take much for this one.

It's a win/win for the victim. She can have her day in court, watch the establishment squirm when found guilty.
Then comes the multi-million pound book deal.

I reckon this has got a fair distance to run yet, and that there will be other high profile names being accused.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wouldn't want to be Andy's Butler tonight.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's a win/win for the victim. She can have her day in court, watch the establishment squirm when found guilty.
Then comes the multi-million pound book deal.

I reckon this has got a fair distance to run yet, and that there will be other high profile names being accused.

Ahem…..that is why there was a super injunction in the court room of the maxwell case to stop release of some very big names in the US ..

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I don't get this "it must be the end of the Royal Family" thing. There have been sexual abusers in the Royal Family before and there are sadly paedos in all walks of life. You'd have to be extremely naive or an idiot not to realise that this kind of shit goes on. We don't want it to but it exists in all institutions, unfortunately. I know two people who were either married to someone who turned out to be a peado or whose close work best buddy turned out to be an abuser. They were well hidden until discovered and I haven't disowned either of these people as friends. It's a sad fact that some humans go wrong/are wrong and you have to try and weedle them out but I don't blame "the RF" more than I would any other institution. That's not to say that they don't shoulder some blame and should be investigated but it shouldn't mean "the end of them" imo.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't get this "it must be the end of the Royal Family" thing. There have been sexual abusers in the Royal Family before and there are sadly paedos in all walks of life. You'd have to be extremely naive or an idiot not to realise that this kind of shit goes on. We don't want it to but it exists in all institutions, unfortunately. I know two people who were either married to someone who turned out to be a peado or whose close work best buddy turned out to be an abuser. They were well hidden until discovered and I haven't disowned either of these people as friends. It's a sad fact that some humans go wrong/are wrong and you have to try and weedle them out but I don't blame "the RF" more than I would any other institution. That's not to say that they don't shoulder some blame and should be investigated but it shouldn't mean "the end of them" imo.

I don't think it is the Paedo thing that should spell the end of the royal family.

As you say they should be investigated for their part in the cover up.

I am not particularly advocating for the end of the royal family. But I do think that the public should be given a say in who is their head of state. Let's explore some other options for how to run a democracy. A family ordained by god, doesn't seem particularly relevant in this day and age.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't think it is the Paedo thing that should spell the end of the royal family.

As you say they should be investigated for their part in the cover up.

I am not particularly advocating for the end of the royal family. But I do think that the public should be given a say in who is their head of state. Let's explore some other options for how to run a democracy. A family ordained by god, doesn't seem particularly relevant in this day and age.

Careful, a dog won Britain's Got Talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here