Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Respect to the Queen putting country before family. Must have broken her heart that this has happened to her alleged favourite son.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Don’t forget they long suspected Queen Victoria’s Grandson was Jack The Ripper, so this lot have got form ��

Will Andrew end up doing time?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Interesting that the Queen decided to strip him of HRH at this point. He’s no more guilty or innocent today than he was yesterday.

If she gave a shit she would have taken it away straight after that TV interview. Now she knows he’s going to have to face court she decides to distance herself.

She’s known he’s guilty as sin for years. Far too little, far too late.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting that the Queen decided to strip him of HRH at this point. He’s no more guilty or innocent today than he was yesterday.

If she gave a shit she would have taken it away straight after that TV interview. Now she knows he’s going to have to face court she decides to distance herself.

Extremely harsh, the woman is in her 90’s, has recently lost her husband and this is her favourite son. I am no Royalist but I have nothing but admiration for the woman. She has devoted her life to this country and no Republican should tarnish her devotion…imo

Her children though (Anne excepted) …**** me. Nobody deserves that

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1481712977107636233[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Extremely harsh, the woman is in her 90’s, has recently lost her husband and this is her favourite son. I am no Royalist but I have nothing but admiration for the woman. She has devoted her life to this country and no Republican should tarnish her devotion…imo

Her children though (Anne excepted) …**** me. Nobody deserves that

I respect your opinion but I’m not buying it. She defended an alleged nonce until it came to the point where she knows he’s going to have to face the music.

If she believes he’s innocent she should stand by him. If she believes he’s guilty, she should have cut him loose years ago. No new evidence has come to light. His legal status remains the same. So what has changed? The fact that he’s going to be up in front of a court.

Sorry. Typical Elite reaction. Cover up and defend until it looks like someone will have to face the music, then cut them loose.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I respect your opinion but I’m not buying it. She defended an alleged nonce until it came to the point where she knows he’s going to have to face the music.

If she believes he’s innocent she should stand by him. If she believes he’s guilty, she should have cut him loose years ago. No new evidence has come to light. His legal status remains the same. So what has changed? The fact that he’s going to be up in front of a court.

Sorry. Typical Elite reaction. Cover up and defend until it looks like someone will have to face the music, then cut them loose.

Just maybe she believed him in spite of all the rumours and tittle tattle. Which mother wouldn’t it? Again just maybe things have reached a point where she knows he’s lying and has reacted.

Are her advisers likely to have just come out and said “Listen Queenie, your third born is a nonce, FACT” ?

Who knows I have no idea how things happen in those circles

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just playing devils advocate here.

If she believes he’s innocent she should stand by him. If she believes he’s guilty, she should have cut him loose years ago..

News Flash, kids lie to their parents & NO parent wants to consider the possibility that their children are evil.

No new evidence has come to light. His legal status remains the same. So what has changed? The fact that he’s going to be up in front of a court.

Maybe just maybe, she has sat him down, and found out the truth, and has distanced herself as far as she can, given protocol.
Maybe, just maybe she is distraught, that he is putting the family through this, maybe just maybe she is appalled by his behaviour.

Give her some slack fella, you know in your line of work, not everything is cut and dry, and things escalate, beyond anyone's control sometimes, and others pick up the flack.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Or Liz has been advised and this is for financial reasons and to reduce damage to the Royal family.
They are going to try and pay her off, if he is still HRH then it could be a huge amount that she can't say no to but, unless the Queen pays out of her own pocket the money may come from the taxpayer which would finish the Royal family as it would be unacceptable to the public to keep Andrew out of court, as HRH they could demand millions more than the offer to stay out of court.
As a private citizen he is only worth what he is personally worth and I'm guessing that isn't much.
But will the offer be enough or will she have her day in court.
If it does go to court and he is guilty he will not be seen as a member of the Royal family as such and not too much damage done to the monarchy.
Andrew will then totally disappear.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I feel very sorry for Liz. Impossible position for her. Her mothering side will be fierce to protect her son, that is what Mum's do isn't it ? At least until and if he is proved guilty. Whatever she does it seems is wrong for some. A sad state of affairs imo

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

I suspect the pressure for this action has come from Charles and William rather than The Queen or solely from The Queen. I take your point but I doubt its as straightforward as you paint it. imho.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just playing devils advocate here.

News Flash, kids lie to their parents & NO parent wants to consider the possibility that their children are evil.

Maybe just maybe, she has sat him down, and found out the truth, and has distanced herself as far as she can, given protocol.
Maybe, just maybe she is distraught, that he is putting the family through this, maybe just maybe she is appalled by his behaviour.

Give her some slack fella, you know in your line of work, not everything is cut and dry, and things escalate, beyond anyone's control sometimes, and others pick up the flack.

All good points. All perfectly arguable. I’m going on a gut feeling so I’m not going to argue that my opinion is solid fact.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Or Liz has been advised and this is for financial reasons and to reduce damage to the Royal family.
They are going to try and pay her off, if he is still HRH then it could be a huge amount that she can't say no to but, unless the Queen pays out of her own pocket the money may come from the taxpayer which would finish the Royal family as it would be unacceptable to the public to keep Andrew out of court, as HRH they could demand millions more than the offer to stay out of court.
As a private citizen he is only worth what he is personally worth and I'm guessing that isn't much.
But will the offer be enough or will she have her day in court.
If it does go to court and he is guilty he will not be seen as a member of the Royal family as such and not too much damage done to the monarchy.
Andrew will then totally disappear.

Word is that Guiffre is unlikely to settle for money and will take this to court. That’s to be admired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here