Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I read it more as temporarily keeping him out of the public eye until it goes away.
From what I’ve read , the impression I get is that he essentially has the palace’s support.
I think the 'impressions' (as opposed to actual facts) people get from what they read generally tend to reinforce whatever 'impressions' they previously held! I suspect that Andrew has been given pelters by the senior members of the family - and I don't think there's anything temporary about standing him down from Royal duties either!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think the 'impressions' (as opposed to actual facts) people get from what they read generally tend to reinforce whatever 'impressions' they previously held! I suspect that Andrew has been given pelters by the senior members of the family - and I don't think there's anything temporary about standing him down from Royal duties either!

However for someone who has had to sell up his Skiing Chalet (because he couldn't afford it in the first place) and got Epstein to pay off his ex-wife's debt (which would hardly cover a roll of Number 11 wallpaper).....

Who is paying his legal bills ?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Just found there's an official royal family website. Possibly meaningless but Andrew's page has almost nothing on it while Harry's, as closest comparison, has loads going back historically as well as more recent. Looks like Andrew doesn't just have no duties now, but his history is erased by the family too.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
I can't think of any that have done a "pretty good job". The Queen is consistently praised for her role but all I see is a woman who has done a fairly ordinary role, unopposed for a very very long time, In any other walk of life that wouldn't be celebrated. She alongside her mother also shipped her cousins off to a mental asylum without a single visit so that their illness' were not seen by the outside world.

They are an awful bunch and it doesn't help us or them when the media constantly build them up to be something they are not.

Its about time this country woke up and realised that hereditary head of states is a thing of the past. I can't get my head around the fact that for the next 100 years we already know who will be the next 3 heads of state. They will be male, white, Church of England, heterosexual etc etc. So much for multicultural, modern democratic Britain. They don't represent me!

Do you trust the general public to do any better electing a head of state though?

Can't really moan about male representation either aren't we currently living through the longest reign of a female monarch, I think that is something to be proud of and definitely better than some other societies where women often have to play second fiddle to their husbands or male relatives.

If you aren't happy until we are governed by a gay black female atheist then you will be waiting a long time

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If Queenie fancies looking out for her people, she could give Johnson a kick up the arse.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Do you trust the general public to do any better electing a head of state though?

Can't really moan about male representation either aren't we currently living through the longest reign of a female monarch, I think that is something to be proud of and definitely better than some other societies where women often have to play second fiddle to their husbands or male relatives.

If you aren't happy until we are governed by a gay black female atheist then you will be waiting a long time

I do trust the public to vote in and out a HOS. Yes.

A republic may happen in my life time. Perhaps sooner should Charlie live up to expectation.

franks brother

FI7DaaTXsAEDVc7.jpg
Mummy says we’re not allowed to play together anymore

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Just a suggestion, go and watch Schindler's List and/or one of the Holocaust documentaries on Netflix,etc. and have a little think...

I’ve thought about it and I’m actually ok thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here