Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If the case goes to court we'll find out whether Prince Andrew was lying when he said he had no recollection of ever meeting Giuffre.

If he lied then that is him done, regardless of the outcome of the case. If he loses, he will retreat into the shadows, only to be seen again at the Queen's eventual funeral.

Maxwell has nothing to lose by outing him. I guess the question is whether she has anything to gain by doing so
If there's any way of proving the photo is not faked he is in big trouble. Similarly, if Guiffre can provide evidence of multiple meetings.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Maxwell has nothing to lose by outing him. I guess the question is whether she has anything to gain by doing so
If there's any way of proving the photo is not faked he is in big trouble. Similarly, if Guiffre can provide evidence of multiple meetings.

She is seemingly protecting the modesty of a lot of powerful men by keeping schtum. The U.S could collect a lot of spilt beans if they incentivised her, then again, she may well get whacked.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Now then, now then, let's take a good look at our unelected leaders and their behaviors.

Has he been resurrected to pass judgment, then? ???

saville.jpeg

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
There are many members of the royal family and most do a pretty good job. There are however a few exceptions but, like any other family, they would rather handle things internally and not wash dirty linen in public. It looks like Andrew has let them down and maybe has lied to his mother and all and sundry to save his skin. I don’t see her offering him much protection or sympathy if he is found guilty.
I hope that this isn’t the end of monarchy in this country,

'bad apples'

I thnk that seriously misunderstands how the royal family and it's associated machinary works

There has been a strategy of working aggressively, and with zero thought for anyone that gets in the way to protect first Phillip and now Andrew for many many years with the full knowledge and approval of the Queen and the rest of the family. I sense that the view held across the whole family is that the monarchy must be protected at all costs and that the end justifies the means. But this one is starting to look like it is slipping away from them and there may soon come a point where Andrew gets thrown overboard in the hope that we will all forget the initial attempts to protect him (and I am guessing that we will).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Will she not be under strict protection until the Feds are done with her?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There are many members of the royal family and most do a pretty good job. There are however a few exceptions but, like any other family, they would rather handle things internally and not wash dirty linen in public. It looks like Andrew has let them down and maybe has lied to his mother and all and sundry to save his skin. I don’t see her offering him much protection or sympathy if he is found guilty.

Mountbatten was protected for years from strong allegations of homosexuality ( then a crime) and even child abuse.
They protect their own to the utmost.
https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/lord-mountbatten-pedophile-allegations.amp

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

To compare them to any other family, is an insult to hard working families on the breadline.
The royal family receives tens of millions a year courtesy of the tax payer.
That helps pay for a lot of very nice privileges.
It also comes with public scrutiny.
Boo hoo, if that makes it awkward when one of them screws up.

Last edited:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

I can't think of any that have done a "pretty good job". The Queen is consistently praised for her role but all I see is a woman who has done a fairly ordinary role, unopposed for a very very long time, In any other walk of life that wouldn't be celebrated. She alongside her mother also shipped her cousins off to a mental asylum without a single visit so that their illness' were not seen by the outside world.

They are an awful bunch and it doesn't help us or them when the media constantly build them up to be something they are not.

Its about time this country woke up and realised that hereditary head of states is a thing of the past. I can't get my head around the fact that for the next 100 years we already know who will be the next 3 heads of state. They will be male, white, Church of England, heterosexual etc etc. So much for multicultural, modern democratic Britain. They don't represent me!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To compare them to any other family, is an insult to hard working families on the breadline.
That comes with public scrutiny.

This.

They actually believe they are deigned by God to be chosen people. Better than us. More deserving. Entitled to our money and land.

Outdated, offensive, thieving, inbred, dinosaurs. Get rid.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I can't think of any that have done a "pretty good job". The Queen is consistently praised for her role but all I see is a woman who has done a fairly ordinary role, unopposed for a very very long time, In any other walk of life that wouldn't be celebrated. She alongside her mother also shipped her cousins off to a mental asylum without a single visit so that their illness' were not seen by the outside world.

They are an awful bunch and it doesn't help us or them when the media constantly build them up to be something they are not.

Its about time this country woke up and realised that hereditary head of states is a thing of the past. I can't get my head around the fact that for the next 100 years we already know who will be the next 3 heads of state. They will be male, white, Church of England, heterosexual etc etc. So much for multicultural, modern democratic Britain. They don't represent me!

It looks like the Palace is doing all it can to protect Andrew, and prevent him from facing justice.
It stinks.
I hope there is a proper backlash.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That helps pay for a lot of very nice privileges.
It also comes with public scrutiny.

So you think other families (hard working or on the breadline or not) don't also prefer not to wash their dirty linen in public if they can avoid it? Righty ho.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So you think other families (hard working or on the breadline or not) don't also prefer not to wash their dirty linen in public if they can avoid it? Righty ho.

However naive it sounds, I think the Royal Family have a duty to show moral leadership and always seek to do the right thing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
However naive it sounds, I think the Royal Family have a duty to show moral leadership and always seek to do the right thing.
That's a different argument to preferring not to wash your dirty linen in public, same as pretty much every other family. They've booted him out of taking any part in the family business, which is fair enough, and left other decisions to the courts and legal systems, as they should be.

I don't think the block in the Tower of London is still available for use ..........................

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
That's a different argument to preferring not to wash your dirty linen in public, same as pretty much every other family. They've booted him out of taking any part in the family business, which is fair enough, and left other decisions to the courts and legal systems, as they should be.

I don't think the block in the Tower of London is still available for use ..........................

I read it more as temporarily keeping him out of the public eye until it goes away.
From what I’ve read , the impression I get is that he essentially has the palace’s support.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I think more accurate, would be 'always seek to be SEEN to be doing the right thing'.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Hopefully he spends the rest if his days in jail. Whilst their at it, abolish the "Royal" family and be done with it.

Shame it'll never happen.

I ****ing hate the scum

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its about time this country woke up and realised that hereditary head of states is a thing of the past. I can't get my head around the fact that for the next 100 years we already know who will be the next 3 heads of state. They will be male, white, Church of England, heterosexual etc etc.

That's rather presumptuous, regarding young George's sexuality.

(and Charles and William's, actually...)

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Hopefully he spends the rest if his days in jail. Whilst their at it, abolish the "Royal" family and be done with it.

Shame it'll never happen

They say that about 10 years before each republic is formed there is a large majority saying it won’t ever happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here