Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The latest on HRH Prince Andrews ongoing sex abuse case.

His lawyers have accused Virginia Giuffre of having false memories, of signing an agreement with Epstein that protects certain people from further litigation, and she was over the age of consent anyway when the abuse was meant to have taken place.

Hmmm, a bit of a confused defence?

Oh, the Grand Old Duke of York,
He told a massive lie,
He told it once,
He told it twice,
And he thought the case would die.

But, then it made him sweat,
A pizza he did get,
He hid away on his Mum’s Estates,
From a girl he never met.

:rock:

Classic "take your pick" defence, innit. Don't like that narrative, well here's another.

False memories - credibility. Is she lying?
Signing agreement - is she greedy, doing this for money and fame?
Over age of consent - even if you do believe her, no criminal act even took place.

Pretty standard.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Everyone's lying these days - standard defence, just deny it and the devil take the hindmost

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://news.sky.com/story/prince-andrew-challenges-accuser-virginia-giuffres-residency-status-in-bid-to-have-sex-abuse-case-thrown-out-12505410

Andy.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Tax payers money being wisely spent

I would hope it’s not being paid for by taxpayers’ money, given the fact that mummy is fairly well off……. Or he probably has his own means.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I would hope it’s not being paid for by taxpayers’ money, given the fact that mummy is fairly well off……. Or he probably has his own means.

According to some media outlets mummy is picking up the bill to save taxpayers. However, depending on your views on RF funding it could be argued that the vast majority of money the queen has is publicly funded in the end.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
According to some media outlets mummy is picking up the bill to save taxpayers. However, depending on your views on RF funding it could be argued that the vast majority of money the queen has is publicly funded in the end.

I get what you mean, but I would be jolly cross if I thought this was being paid for out of the “civil list”.

Alan R

Apr 24, 2019
he will never face justice.......ever. one rule for them, one for the likes of us. not good, but thats how it is.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[tweet]1477019804628357130[/tweet]

I'm sure Prince Andrew's royal protection officers can verify his attendance, It will all be down in the logs.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A U.S Federal Judge has refused the Duke of York’s petition that the case should be dropped because Virginia Giuffre no longer lives in the USA.
He must also turn over documents on the schedule as requested.

Giuffre’s lawyers are also claiming they have 6 witnesses linking the Duke of York to their client.

His lawyers have provided no documented evidence of either his inability to perspire, or any witnesses to his visit to Woking Pizza Express.

As defences go, it’s weaker than Crystal Palace’s first half performance against West Ham.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If a US court demand be attend a hearing, he would simply refuse to attend. He will never face justice .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is all this having any effect on the popularity of the royal family?

I would guess that a conviction would be catastrophic for them? Or are people kind of separating the two things?

It is going to be a travesty if he doesn't go to trial for this.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is all this having any effect on the popularity of the royal family?

I doubt it. Unfortunately it's just a soap opera to many and they are quite happy to compartmentalise those who they see as villains and heroes.

Oddly, "blame the parents" never seems to apply to this lot. The fact that mum is clearly bankrolling him and his lawyers seemingly irrelevant to the blindly loyal.

The Monarchy in it's current state (and all that goes with it) completely blurs the professional and the personal and I have no time for it at all.

Time to massively scale back. If you want an unelected Head of State by birth (oddly most do), then the rest shouldn't be living in palaces.

We aren't North Korea.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not looking good for the Queen’s boy.

Andrew Brettler, one of Andrews high priced Attorneys has argued the NY law extending the statute of limitations to give victims of child sexual abuse more time to sue is unconstitutional.

He doesn't just want to block Guifres access to justice. He wants to block ALL child sexual abuse victims' access to justice.

The Judge has decided that he doesn’t want to strike down this law.
In regard to Epstein’s settlement with Giuffre,Judge Kaplan wants to know about Virginia's settlement agreement language that the terms of the agreement are not to be used in any other case by any other person in any other case?
Here's the section of the settlement agreement Judge Kaplan is asking about. "Not intended to be used by any other person."

It is key as Prince Andrew is a person.

Judge Kaplan has said a decision on the settlement agreement will be announced very shortly.

Looks like Andrew will have to settle out of court if he doesn’t want to lose the case.
It’s a shame it’s only a civil case and not a criminal prosecution.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is it just me. or is there just the faintest hint of desperation from one of the participants in this

4022812485_f4a9f33406_b.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If a US court demand be attend a hearing, he would simply refuse to attend. He will never face justice .

The US has an extended reach when it comes to seeking justice, Air Miles Andy might have a few less holiday destinations on his list from now on. Imagine the shame of never visiting the US ever again ? no Disneyland with the grandkids ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The US has an extended reach when it comes to seeking justice, Air Miles Andy might have a few less holiday destinations on his list from now on. Imagine the shame of never visiting the US ever again ? no Disneyland with the grandkids ?

I think he will settle out of court, and quietly disappear from public life.
Full justice will never be served on him, it never is, for someone like him.

ABC has said they tried to break the case in 2015, but a huge amount of pressure was put on them by the Palace to drop it. The threat that they would never get any Royal co-operation again, and an exclusive interview with William and his wife would not happen.

Makes you feel proud, the British Royal establishment protecting a sex abuse ring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here