Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Spain did after their civil war.

Quite unusual circumstances though. Used as a force for unity after the death of Franco, I don’t know of any other countries who have overthrown monarchy’s through either democratic or mor e direct methods, reinstating them.

Except us, of course. I’d forgotten Charles the second.:lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I agree the Queen has done a remarkable job over the last 70 years, but my point remains. The only argument for retaining the ‘Royal Family’ after the death of the present Monarch, appears to be”We can’t think of anyone else to do it”
Hardly a convincing argument, when we claim to be a democracy. In actuality, we’re not, we are a constitutional monarchy, but that is a side issue. I realise that our Government now, and indeed the majority of the general population have no wish to consign the Monarchy to the past, but I hope that after the death of the Queen it can become a serious discussion.

I will ask you a question, are there any Countries who have become Republics that are clamouring for their old Royal rulers back?

Still amazes me some 15 countries still have the Queen as head of state, in the modern state. Just bizarre...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are many members of the royal family and most do a pretty good job. There are however a few exceptions but, like any other family, they would rather handle things internally and not wash dirty linen in public. It looks like Andrew has let them down and maybe has lied to his mother and all and sundry to save his skin. I don’t see her offering him much protection or sympathy if he is found guilty.
I hope that this isn’t the end of monarchy in this country,

The post I responded to suggested that the palace have already offered him protection by using their influence to try and make this thing go away. They their considerable influence to persuade the ABC not to run a story - this sounds like protection to me. There are now (allegedly) complicit in this mucky and sordid affair and should be dealt with as such (if the claims are true of course).

I don't get the argument of them being allowed to do things 'like any other family', They are not like any other family, they are the head of state of a major world nation. This comes with positives and negatives. One of which is a responsibility to the people that they represent. "Washing dirty linen in public" is not how I would put it but. I see it as being transparent and accountable when one of their leading members is accused of a crime. To me they should be doing what they can to ensure that justice is done rather than putting themselves above the law.

Like it or not they are a public entity who should be accountable to the public they represent. If they don't want this part of the job or they try and circumvent it by using strong arm tactics against a news outlet, then maybe they are not fit to hold he position they do. If this were an elected body then the public would have the opportunity to make this choice every few years. As it is . . .

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Quite unusual circumstances though. Used as a force for unity after the death of Franco, I don’t know of any other countries who have overthrown monarchy’s through either democratic or mor e direct methods, reinstating them.

Except us, of course. I’d forgotten Charles the second.:lolol:

🇰🇭 1993

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
An unelected heredity Head of State is one thing, but now we are looking at future Heads of State becoming King/Queen well beyond their normal retirement age.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spain did after their civil war.
That is disingenuous to say the least.

Meanwhile I argued with you a decade ago that the royal family should be binned off purely because they are above the law in a way nobody should be in a modern functioning democracy, and here we are with that appalling criminal, Nonce Andy, proving the point. What will happen is that he won't face justice, and he'll settle for a vast sum out of court leaving him out of pocket. What will then happen is that these funds will end up back with him as the tax payer is told the cost of propping up these chinless inbreds needs to rise markedly over the course of the decade. No accountability for this will be forth-coming, it will just happen.

You've been quiet on this whole appalling affair. No surprise there.

It is time to finish with these people, but it won't happen in my lifetime. Deference is alive and well here - you only have to see how the Tories appointed their 22nd Etonian prime minister for the evidence, and dismantling the class system really does need to start from the top. Slinging Andrew Windsor in jail where he clearly belongs would be a good start.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is disingenuous to say the least.

Meanwhile I argued with you a decade ago that the royal family should be binned off purely because they are above the law in a way nobody should be in a modern functioning democracy, and here we are with that appalling criminal, Nonce Andy, proving the point. What will happen is that he won't face justice, and he'll settle for a vast sum out of court leaving him out of pocket. What will then happen is that these funds will end up back with him as the tax payer is told the cost of propping up these chinless inbreds needs to rise markedly over the course of the decade. No accountability for this will be forth-coming, it will just happen.

You've been quiet on this whole appalling affair. No surprise there.

It is time to finish with these people, but it won't happen in my lifetime. Deference is alive and well here - you only have to see how the Tories appointed their 22nd Etonian prime minister for the evidence, and dismantling the class system really does need to start from the top. Slinging Andrew Windsor in jail where he clearly belongs would be a good start.

I have denounced Andrew and on this forum. You can search for it.

Yes, I am still a monarchist.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It wasn’t only in Ireland that the rumours are about.

A new book on Louis Mountbatten and Edwina Mountbatten provides a ‘scandalous’ account of their private lives. The Mountbattens: Their Lives & Loves authored by British historian Andrew Lownie, talks about Lord Mountbatten’s alleged paedophilia, his gay flings, the couple’s open marriage with a stream of extra-marital affairs, the royal family’s displeasure with the Mountbattens’ private lives and public spectacles about their tussle with the press.

Based on several sources such as interviews, news articles and a dossier on the Mountbattens by the US’ Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the book comes just ahead of the 40th anniversary of Lord Mountbatten’s assassination at the hands of the IRA.

Was Dickie Mountbatten a paedophile?

Since the release of the book, global press has hotly debated the possibility of Lord Mountbatten being a paedophile.

Mountbatten, who was referred to as Dickie by his close ones, seems to have allegedly been a serial offender when it came to child sexual abuse
While his paedophilia has been previously reported, this account by Lownie lists several sources to back its claim.

The book cites a 1987 article in the New Zealand’s tabloid Truth, which drew the testimony of Mountbatten’s then driver, Norman Nield. Back then, Mountbatten was the Admiral of the Royal Navy.

Nield reveals that he was ordered to “take young boys to Admiral’s official residence” in Dickie’s Hummer, and was paid 5 pounds per week for his silence. According to Nield, the Admiral used “brandy and lemonade” to seduce children and the boys ranged from the ages of eight to twelve.
Another published article by Irish writer Robin Bryans talks about Mountbatten being a part of an “old-boy networks that held orgies”. It also talked about his interest in “first year public school boys”, who must have been “10 to 14” year olds.

Lownie writes that while these accounts were denied by the Mountbatten family, more revelations have emerged since.

Fair play. Nice to get a wider opinion than that of an Irish newsrag alone. That said, the dead can't defend themselves can they?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It wasn’t only in Ireland that the rumours are about.

A new book on Louis Mountbatten and Edwina Mountbatten provides a ‘scandalous’ account of their private lives. The Mountbattens: Their Lives & Loves authored by British historian Andrew Lownie, talks about Lord Mountbatten’s alleged paedophilia, his gay flings, the couple’s open marriage with a stream of extra-marital affairs, the royal family’s displeasure with the Mountbattens’ private lives and public spectacles about their tussle with the press.

Based on several sources such as interviews, news articles and a dossier on the Mountbattens by the US’ Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the book comes just ahead of the 40th anniversary of Lord Mountbatten’s assassination at the hands of the IRA.

Was Dickie Mountbatten a paedophile?

Since the release of the book, global press has hotly debated the possibility of Lord Mountbatten being a paedophile.

Mountbatten, who was referred to as Dickie by his close ones, seems to have allegedly been a serial offender when it came to child sexual abuse
While his paedophilia has been previously reported, this account by Lownie lists several sources to back its claim.

The book cites a 1987 article in the New Zealand’s tabloid Truth, which drew the testimony of Mountbatten’s then driver, Norman Nield. Back then, Mountbatten was the Admiral of the Royal Navy.

Nield reveals that he was ordered to “take young boys to Admiral’s official residence” in Dickie’s Hummer, and was paid 5 pounds per week for his silence. According to Nield, the Admiral used “brandy and lemonade” to seduce children and the boys ranged from the ages of eight to twelve.
Another published article by Irish writer Robin Bryans talks about Mountbatten being a part of an “old-boy networks that held orgies”. It also talked about his interest in “first year public school boys”, who must have been “10 to 14” year olds.

Lownie writes that while these accounts were denied by the Mountbatten family, more revelations have emerged since.

Not saying you believe this as the messenger but it’s 100% utter horse shite guaranteed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here