Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
What I suspect he means is not all illiterates are anti-gay, but all those who are anti-gay are illiterate.

I think.

Almost, Al.

I used to frequent Gay Pride, with gay friends, in its early days. Over the years it has turned into an excuse for wooly Londoners to get hammered - as per my earlier post - and trash the place. The place where I live and work.

I have no problem with anyone enjoying themselves - none whatsoever. I have a problem with idiots from backward-thinking places pouring into Brighton under the 'liberal and tolerant' banner congratulating themselves about how 'right on' they are, getting trashed and totally disrespecting their environment before returning to their backward-thinking places where the only gay people they see are on the television.

The 'gay' prefix has been removed to attract more straight people. What's the point of that?

Being gay in Brighton is accepted, embraced and completely welcomed. Every weekend is party time here. Who cares if it brings in a few quid?

Jan 30, 2008
Almost, Al.

I used to frequent Gay Pride, with gay friends, in its early days. Over the years it has turned into an excuse for wooly Londoners to get hammered - as per my earlier post - and trash the place. The place where I live and work.

I have no problem with anyone enjoying themselves - none whatsoever. I have a problem with idiots from backward-thinking places pouring into Brighton under the 'liberal and tolerant' banner congratulating themselves about how 'right on' they are, getting trashed and totally disrespecting their environment before returning to their backward-thinking places where the only gay people they see are on the television.

The 'gay' prefix has been removed to attract more straight people. What's the point of that?

Being gay in Brighton is accepted, embraced and completely welcomed. Every weekend is party time here. Who cares if it brings in a few quid?
"ACCEPTED OUT OF POLITENESS" there's nothing more annoying than a gay with a chip on his shoulder mincing around , Drama queens !!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Almost, Al.

Is it? It probably is by many, tolerated by others, frowned upon by some, and disgustingly attacked by a few. Look at the air-head who posted beneath you, for instance.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Almost, Al.

Precisely. Its less to do with "awareness" and more to do with getting off your face now.

When you hear that 'Harry Met Sally' theory that there are practically no proper friendships between a man and a woman - that usually one wants to f*** the other one, or harbour some sexual thoughts about each other - then how can a straight man hang out with a gay man and be comfortable that it's purely and simply friendship?

I was recently working with a gay bloke, and we were talking about a concert from some artist we both agreed was worthy - and we were both interested in seeing that artist. The gay fellow said "I want to go, but I don't have anyone to go with".

Now for me, I have no problem going to gigs alone anyway. But this statement smacked of someone interested in a date, not just a mate going to a gig and "like to talk about it afterwards with a pal".

Now, you educated and free-thinking NSCers; is it bigoted of me to not encourage any further or 'closer' friendship, and not to suggest "let's go together, I'll pick up a pair of tickets"?
So, would that be 'leading-on' a gayer, if I encouraged that sort of companionship? What if I said "it'll just be friendship/company, I'm straight"?

Just like when we take a bird out who we might like, and she said "just friendship" we'd have to be thinking "well, there's always a chance", and hope she might want a good rogering or become attracted. Anyway, we would CHECK every so often to see if the situation was getting more inclined for a shag. Then, we'd also be looking at her bum, imagining copping a feel of her pert breasts, seeing her panty-lines, checking that ankle-bracelet and watching her hips move. Every accidental touch would be noticed, every word examined for signs.

Do you, you free-thinking open-minded straight people, imagine that a person of your same sex but homo-sexual, would be completely comfortable and 'harmless' company?
What is the other person then expressed desires, told you they thought about you sexually, harboured passion for you?

Just how 'liberated' has that become? How much will you now be celebrating your open-mindedness, your gender-bender relationship? Still comfortable?
Howabout, going back to 'Harry Met Sally';

Harry Burns: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally Albright: Why not?
Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: You only think you do.
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: How do you know?
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry Burns: I guess not.
Sally Albright: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.

Yes yes, we all realise that men and women exist on the same planet and we don't have to be unattracted in order to just get along and to generally like each other on a platonic level. But - there are many who don't trust the whole gay thing enough to mix freely and associate with them unflappingly.

Plus, there are gay people who react negatively to straight people being in 'their' established haunts. Yep, they will actively let a straight person know they're not welcome unless they partake of the sexual roles that exist in the gay world.
Of course those gays are also 'un-liberated' and can only be called oppressive. They will, and do, manifest all the same disdains and venoms on the first straight person to avail themselves to their world, that they feel themselves subjected to outside of it. Nice, they'll unload their foibles on the very person who's trying to accept their lifestyle and be open-minded towards them!!

My conclusion is, that you can accept that gays exist, but not get at all close to them.

Thus, if it's not sensible or 'educating' to mix among them, why even go to watch them lauding it about, prancing and mincing about how gay and 'out' they are?

Gays have just as many prejudices and issues about straights, and are likely to blame their own failures, shortcomings and difficulties on straights. I don't find that at all 'free' or 'liberated'.
The denial of the rather-obvious organ-placements and functions in humans is also questionable, but that's a more fundamental argument - one they probably have with themselves from time to time, at least subconsciously.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
It might not be correct across the board, but if you were to take a sample of posts from this thread, I think you will find my previous post to be pretty accurate.

So people who may not be so good as you or make the odd spelling mistake are all queer bashers?

If that is what you are saying then you are a twat.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Why does post 178 read like NMH *wanted* that to be a proposition of a date? Believe me, it wasn't. No gay man in the world is going to want an middle aged homophobe with split personalties (anyone remember Zoo B Zoo) and some fantastical tendancies.

Majority of homophobia is internalised homophobia - just look at the preachers in the US, DUP members (1), National Front (2) members, US Republicans (3), etc, etc, etc.

1 = Paul Berry
2 = Larry Craig
3 = Nicky Crane

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here