Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Its a great day, had a fantastic time last year and it was all so relaxed and non-attitude that everyone was included regardless of your sexuality. If you fancied a beer and loved to sit down and worship the sun or enjoyed dancing your tits off in one of the club tents with all the bears then it was great place to be. The only people who seemed to be so vitriolic in their opposition were the religious people screaming their hatred at the park gates.

I don't condone the 'sex in the bushes' that a few seem to get hung up on, but its very few out of then 75,000 that were there last year. I was there all day last year and didn't anything of the sort, yet people who hate the idea of Pride always seem to come across it year in year out.

Also don't agree with the 'not a place to take the family' attitude aswell. My sister-in-law and her two kids loved it, had a great time meeting all my mates, having their faces painted by the drag queens and a great day out in the park. She's superb at handling all the 'why.....' questions cos she's just honest with them and in the end the kids really don't notice or care. That's how we'll finally get ourselves an inclusive society for all rather than this 'my kids are ready to see that....' culture.

Pride weekend...... great excuse to have a party!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I like the way there's this assumption that local residents will naturally disapprove of Pride - I live about 2 mins away from Preston Park and can't wait for Pride; I've been for the last 4-5 years - really, some of my best friends are gay - one of them helped to organise the first one- and it's always top fun - a free carnival right on my doorstep. It's also, incidentally, a brilliant place to pull girls.

The idea that a load of thick, cunty blokes are so scared of it that they keep away is nothing but an added bonus that hadn't actually occurred to me before.

Unfortunately, there's also a lot of elderly residents who live in Rookery close and the grange on the A23 plus a few care homes and many elderly residents in Preston park avenue.

I speak to quite a few of these residents on a daily basis and many of them are driven out of their homes by this event.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I like the way you assume that any fella who does'nt like pride is a think cunty type bloke who's scared of it.

This thread rather suggests thats true, considering the majority of anti statements get "backed up" with homophobic abuse, accusations of illegality, etc. Which realistically suggests thick and cunty on those saying it.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
A Spurs fan, eh? Funny, I'm sure Hitler once said something similar about the Jews. But then you probably don't know much about Spurs history or fan base do you, I doubt they cover that in your GSCE Humanities class.

Or were you simply trying to impress the big boys on here with your daring devil-may-care attitude and inspirational use of language?

I dont know much about our history, or our fan base ? :lolol:

Didnt realize there we're so many Mincers on here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unfortunately, there's also a lot of elderly residents who live in Rookery close and the grange on the A23 plus a few care homes and many elderly residents in Preston park avenue.

I speak to quite a few of these residents on a daily basis and many of them are driven out of their homes by this event.

Why and how are they driven out of their homes?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
whens the STRAIGHT PRIDE festival? I want to celebrate STRAIGHTNESS!

Start one then. Nothing stopping you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its a great day, had a fantastic time last year and it was all so relaxed and non-attitude that everyone was included regardless of your sexuality. If you fancied a beer and loved to sit down and worship the sun or enjoyed dancing your tits off in one of the club tents with all the bears then it was great place to be. The only people who seemed to be so vitriolic in their opposition were the religious people screaming their hatred at the park gates.

I don't condone the 'sex in the bushes' that a few seem to get hung up on, but its very few out of then 75,000 that were there last year. I was there all day last year and didn't anything of the sort, yet people who hate the idea of Pride always seem to come across it year in year out.

Also don't agree with the 'not a place to take the family' attitude aswell. My sister-in-law and her two kids loved it, had a great time meeting all my mates, having their faces painted by the drag queens and a great day out in the park. She's superb at handling all the 'why.....' questions cos she's just honest with them and in the end the kids really don't notice or care. That's how we'll finally get ourselves an inclusive society for all rather than this 'my kids are ready to see that....' culture.

Pride weekend...... great excuse to have a party!

Well put and I totally agree.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
This thread rather suggests thats true, considering the majority of anti statements get "backed up" with homophobic abuse, accusations of illegality, etc. Which realistically suggests thick and cunty on those saying it.

It's not an accusation though is it??

It's a solid fact. Dosen't matter whether it's a gay couple or a straight couple it's illegal and well out of order in the middle of the day when there are small children about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again it's a very small minority spoiling the festivals name for the vast majority

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
It's not an accusation though is it??

It's a solid fact. Dosen't matter whether it's a gay couple or a straight couple it's illegal and well out of order in the middle of the day when there are small children about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again it's a very small minority spoiling the festivals name for the vast majority

Its an accusation when its basically laid down that *everyone* in attendance will be cruising Preston Park and taking Class As, as has been suggested on this thread.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
how about a straight pride MMMMMMMMMMM:drool:

What's stopping you organising one?

I somehow doubt you've the commitment, skills and willingness to put yourself out time wise / possibly financially that the organisers of Pride do. Its not something you can plan overnight.

Jan 30, 2008
What's stopping you organising one?

I somehow doubt you've the commitment, skills and willingness to put yourself out time wise / possibly financially that the organisers of Pride do. Its not something you can plan overnight.
some how i don't think straight people need to march around Brighton, its quite normal to be straight with out pushing it

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
i was looking for some feed back :bigwave:

And you got some - if you want something done, go organise it. If you don't want Pride to happen, go get elected to B&H council so you can try to prevent its funding (although, no doubt a commercial sponsor would step in to get the media attention of 'saving' the event), prevent its licensing, etc.

Otherwise you're just one bitter, homophobic gimp wanking away on the internet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here