Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm very sceptical of the whole 'no relegation' thing, in the sense that it is even as big an issue as the media are making it out to be. It was thrown in the mix quite early with no source, it was immediately denied that any such discussion took place. The most I've seen from a respectable journalist is that one club suggested it and it was immediately thrown out as an option. I feel like it is being pushed by less scrupulous parts of the media machine as a red herring to put pressure on the teams to agree to return.

Barber on BBC said that no relegation was not even mentioned in the meeting last week. Journalists promoting this, so that it looks bad on the teams at the bottom.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I thought UEFA had the 25/05 as the cut-off to say whether the seasons were being abandoned or played. But what happens if the Premier League say it is being played but then isn't? I guess we just fall back on points per game or something...

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The mood music amongst many broadsheet football writers and radio pundits in the last week, at the same time with respect to the eloquent Paul Barber, is against Brighton, Villa and Watford.

They call the secretly coordinated game plan Project Sabotage.

The writers and broadcasters in question are NOT WBA, Liverpool or Leeds fans. Instead, I think it’s a love of watching football, they simply want to see PL games as soon as possible, and the politicking of Brighton, Villa and Watford annoys them.

And there it is. They are not worried about the health and safety of the players or the people who will have to be at the ground, they need the football to go ahead to keep them in a job. Talk shit is the same, they must be losing money through lack of advertising and listening figures might be down, presenters worrying about losing their jobs. To date 4.2 million people infected, over 280 thousand deaths, more deaths in UK than the capacity of the Amex, from a virus that scientists still do not understand or have a vaccination for, with fears that if we are not careful could pick up again, but the premier league needs to be restarted.
And they say Brighton and Hove Albion are saboteurs.
Only in it for themselves. Why otherwise would you want the football to restart.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And there it is. They are not worried about the health and safety of the players or the people who will have to be at the ground, they need the football to go ahead to keep them in a job. Talk shit is the same, they must be losing money through lack of advertising and listening figures might be down, presenters worrying about losing their jobs. To date 4.2 million people infected, over 280 thousand deaths, more deaths in UK than the capacity of the Amex, from a virus that scientists still do not understand or have a vaccination for, with fears that if we are not careful could pick up again, but the premier league needs to be restarted.
Only in it for themselves. Why otherwise would you want the football to restart.

Perfect precis. :salute:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Danny Rose isn't keen on a restart.....how many other players feel the same? (assuming thats him)

[tweet]1259911608547057664[/tweet]

Danny Rose is right. The twitter respondent and his 'all getting tested' is a ****. In Roman days he'd say 'of course the gladiator slaves should fight. They are all being fed, innit?' ???'

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Apologies if this has been covered but looks like they've sorted the contracts issue as well?

Confirmed that clubs can extend this season's contracts past June until whatever the date of season finishing will be, once announced.
I'm not sure what the news really is with this.

The contracts always could be extended.

They still need all signatories to agree.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I tuned in to talkshite early this season, the first time in two months.

I was surprised by their vehement “Come on, the time’s right to get this season back on the road”. With 100% backing from co presenters.

I had thought they might say the opposite, to get mugs to text and phone in at premium rates.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No one likes us, we don't care. Are we the new Milwall?

Flatly, my dear, I don't Riverdance. punk:

Nice post from [MENTION=1721]Mr Putdown[/MENTION], above.

The main thing is that we don't capitulate to idiot schemes. Unfortunately there is no shortage of idiots about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I was surprised by their vehement “Come on, the time’s right to get this season back on the road”. With 100% backing from co presenters.

I had thought they might say the opposite, to get mugs to text and phone in at premium rates.

Let's get E-Prem Leagueshit done! No ifs and buts. All together now....

:shootself

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

They are virtually unemployed (or unemployable) at the mo. The whole concept of Talksport demands constant footie. Same pretty much goes for R5L and Sky, plus all those football journalists who are currently searching around for some meaning in life. Anything that comes in the way of their beloved Premier League is ripe for ridicule and contempt.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They are virtually unemployed (or unemployable) at the mo. The whole concept of Talksport demands constant footie. Same pretty much goes for R5L and Sky, plus all those football journalists who are currently searching around for some meaning in life. Anything that comes in the way of their beloved Premier League is ripe for ridicule and contempt.

I’d be interested to know the genuine average listening figures are pre and post lockdown of Talkshite, and viewing figures of SSN.

Since the moment English football stopped, was it when Arteta got ill?, I’ve not looked once at SSN. Why bother, to see the usual hyperbole bores such as White repeating themselves?

Ad revenue must have crashed.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville

Hawksbee and Jacobs are still funny though, because they've got some sort of lives beyond mindless football goss, unlike the dismal Jim White.

Btw, on the relegation question, wasn't the idea of not having anyone go down only an option if the season couldn't be finished? And, amusing though it would be to see Plucky Little Bournemouth take the drop, it wouldn't be fair.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Talk Sport had an interview with a Northampton Town player this morning ......I didn't catch his name as I was just station surfing in the car, anyway said player told the female interviewer that he would 'break his neck for a game of football right now'

I thought that's a bit serious just for a game of football....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It does also say they will be having “testing done privately”. It is this private testing that could have an effect on NHS tests, if both are using the same testing facilities, which is likely, unless the EPL have managed to find testing resources that neither the NHS or government knew about...

The government has stated that the aim will be to do 200,000 tests a day by the end of this month, the PL will probably need to do about 1,500 tests a week which would be 0.001% of the countries weekly tests and it is unlikely on any given day we will ever do as many tests as there is capacity to be able to be tested.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
CEO’s of Palace, Sheffield United, and Burnley all gave well reported interviews.

I happen to agree that the kicking Brighton are getting in the media is utterly unjust, even disgusting.

The story in the Mail today about Brighton using NHS tests as opposed to EPL ones (which don’t yet exist) was a particularly nasty example.

I’ve not seen that, and they’re not getting a click from me, but if that’s what they’ve stated - given the club are using a small stock of privately sourced kits, and given that the club has given the Amex over as the largest testing centre on the South coast - I hope Barber sets the legal dogs on the wankers.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Danny Rose is right. The twitter respondent and his 'all getting tested' is a ****. In Roman days he'd say 'of course the gladiator slaves should fight. They are all being fed, innit?' ???'

But ignoring all the flannel about money, role models etc etc as of this week government policy is for employers to encourage people back to work where possible. They're not being asked to do anything that other industries aren't also doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here