Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League / Football League attempts to finish the season

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The mood music amongst many broadsheet football writers and radio pundits in the last week, at the same time with respect to the eloquent Paul Barber, is against Brighton, Villa and Watford.

They call the secretly coordinated game plan Project Sabotage.

The writers and broadcasters in question are NOT WBA, Liverpool or Leeds fans. Instead, I think it’s a love of watching football, they simply want to see PL games as soon as possible, and the politicking of Brighton, Villa and Watford annoys them.

Now discussing league 1/2 and interviewing a Bristol Rovers player...best part of the program...showing how tough it is for those players..particularly those coming to the end of their contract

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The media always needs a villain and Brighton are now fulfilling that role. It doesn't matter what is now said, or how Barber tries to justify or clarify his stance, we have been cast as the refusniks who want to piss on everybody's parade with the sole purpose of saving our own skins.

No wonder the CEOs of the other clubs are keeping their heads down - they must be delighted that Barbs and Brighton are taking all the flak.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Micah Richards is thick as shit.

Brighton being defenestrated on R5 now. Apparently we and Watford are destroying football by selfishly blocking the 'only solution' - to play at neutral grounds.

No ****er has explained why neutral grounds are needed. Explain it to me and I might buy it.

Never heard such a load old bollocks in my life.

The presenter, Chappers, is doing a decent job to defend us....

Richards arguing home advantage is exclusively due to fans.

I'm going to throw my radio through the telly in a minute in the hope of hitting Bill Grundy.

Now Sutton saying we should have beaten weaker teams at home when we had the chance.

Why do these plums reboot all the arguments on a daily basis? I have a feeling that Richards and Sutton are masterminding the national Covid efforts.

Noticed Sky and the BBC are still referring to the bottom 6 in continued accusations that they are blocking progress despite it now being widely reported in other outlets that more than 12 clubs including Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs have also voted against and rejected the neutral grounds concept

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sutton and Richards v Chapman :facepalm:

Barber has the guts to put his heads above the parapet (heard any other CEO’s?)..this week getting kicked

Did you listen two or three evenings ago? I think it was an evening with Robbie Savage and the others.

They mocked PB’s home advantage justification of Lancing having an identical pitch and changing rooms, to the Amex. With “What! Oh come on”.

As ex-players themselves, they found it cringeworthy that a non-player was scrambling around for minuscule reasons.

Digressing, the EFL/PFA guest on just now is very candid. He’s sees far lower pay in the EFL in the next contracts. Obvious perhaps to us, but interesting to hear that confirmed by someone in the sport.
[Our posts crossed :smile:]

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I think if a couple of weeks of Bundesliga fixtures play out without too many problems, this will demonstrate the feasibility of operating a top level league and all of the others will submit their plan to UEFA by the 25th as required, for June re-starts.

Why is their latest bullshit money grabbing plan to play in Germany then cos ‘phase 3 of operation stay alert’ revolves around the science backing up the relaxation of the lockdown and with still c5k new cases a day that ain’t happening here for a considerable time. Forget June.

The next kick in the teeth to any plan will be when players refuse to play because of infection concerns for themselves or any of the associated club personnel.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did you listen two or three evenings ago? I think it was an evening with Robbie Savage and the others.

They mocked PB’s home advantage justification of Lancing having an identical pitch and changing rooms, to the Amex. With “What! Oh come on”.

As ex-players themselves, they found it cringeworthy that a non-player was scrambling around for minuscule reasons.

Digressing, the EFL/PFA guest on just now is very candid. He’s sees far lower pay in the EFL in the next contracts. Obvious perhaps to us, but interesting to hear that confirmed by someone in the sport.
[Our posts crossed :smile:]

Yep...like u i do listen to that 7 o’clock slot.....did u hear Jenas the other night ..started off with no advantage at all...and the given time did a complete about turn and went through all the reasons why it wasn’t so fanciful......i dont mind Sutton or Savage...and if Sutton had stuck to the same argument all the time he might get respect even if i dont agree ..but hes just being an idiot changing with the weather

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I havnt read anything so far that says testing by football or indeed other ‘non essential’ industries is taking away testing from key workers.....perhaps there should be more transparency re this ..as you have quoted ‘’could effect’’ ...we are guessing

Tests are in short supply.

PL clubs can buy tests. Every test they buy could be used to test family members of vulnerable people. That is immoral.

Incidentally it is also how medics, trained at the taxpayers' expence, can do private practice using NHS facilities. I was offered the chance to go private receiving the same service in the same hospital, but ahead of the queue, not so long ago. WFT? It is the devil's bargain labour made to obtain medics' consent to set up the NHS. Not a lot of people know that. It took Tony Blair to begin to unravel all that (part successful). 'Red' Tony. :shrug:

I would be astonished if this is countenanced for footballers. The Bristol Rovers player on R5 minutes ago knows it. Kyle Walker probably doesn't.

Basically private medicine is queue jumping. Private medicine when the NHS has ostensibly commandeered private medicine on government instruction in national crisis is . . . criminal.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Sutton and Richards v Chapman :facepalm:

Barber has the guts to put his heads above the parapet (heard any other CEO’s?)..this week getting kicked

CEO’s of Palace, Sheffield United, and Burnley all gave well reported interviews.

I happen to agree that the kicking Brighton are getting in the media is utterly unjust, even disgusting.

The story in the Mail today about Brighton using NHS tests as opposed to EPL ones (which don’t yet exist) was a particularly nasty example.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Face it. An early restart is not going to happen, and without a drastic improvement in infection rates a late restart won't happen either.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tests are in short supply.

PL clubs can buy tests. Every test they buy could be used to test family members of vulnerable people. That is immoral.

Incidentally it is also how medics, trained at the taxpayers' expence, can do private practice using NHS facilities. I was offered the chance to go private receiving the same service in the same hospital, but ahead of the queue, not so long ago. WFT? It is the devil's bargain labour made to obtain medics' consent to set up the NHS. Not a lot of people know that. It took Tony Blair to begin to unravel all that (part successful). 'Red' Tony. :shrug:

I would be astonished if this is countenanced for footballers. The Bristol Rovers player on R5 minutes ago knows it. Kyle Walker probably doesn't.

Basically private medicine is queue jumping. Private medicine when the NHS has ostensibly commandeered private medicine on government instruction in national crisis is . . . criminal.

Don’t disagree....but if by going private and getting say my dodgy knee sorted (if it became too painful to work) and continue earning a living I would ...because its not just about me .. even though my children are working etc the dependency never goes!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Noticed Sky and the BBC are still referring to the bottom 6 in continued accusations that they are blocking progress despite it now being widely reported in other outlets that more than 12 clubs including Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs have also voted against and rejected the neutral grounds concept

If true, glory, glory hally loo yah!

Good for them.

And the lie can die. If that is a true outcome, the shysters can believe their lies, just like they believe the stories about how Brighton stupidly sold the Goldstone then wanted the league to bail them out (etc etc).

****em. As long as we get our way. Our RIGHTEOUS way. ****em.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t disagree....but if by going private and getting say my dodgy knee sorted (if it became too painful to work) and continue earning a living I would ...because its not just about me .. even though my children are working etc the dependency never goes!

That's how the tories win. Make private an option (subsidised by the NHS, the taxpayer, through the training of the staff, and tax breaks) and you'd be a fool to not take it. If you had to pay the true price you'd queue up and wait.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's how the tories win. Make private an option (subsidised by the NHS, the taxpayer, through the training of the staff, and tax breaks) and you'd be a fool to not take it. If you had to pay the true price you'd queue up and wait.

Fortunately it hasn’t got to that point...but its crossed my mind...just so i could carry on working ...the only ‘private’ luxury ive allowed myself is using a private dentist for the last few years ..mainly because I’m a bit of an chicken and the dental nurse holds my hand

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are we still getting a kicking in the media? Even though it’s been reported all clubs are opposed to the neutral venue idea now?

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/1259892050880847872

We were attacked by the towering intellects, Chris Mutton and Meek ah! (something - token Brummie) on R5 earlier. A waste of skin. Fortunately, since I didn't poke them with a fork, I can still waterproof my canoe with them, while I watch their lazy bollocks drift down the river as Football moves towards the island of 'play the games where they are supposed to be played or fook orf!' common sense.

And....exhale

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Plus the PL are investing in totally different testing machines at £36,000 each. Deemed by the NHS as not suitable for their purposes

That may well be the case - I confess I know nothng of Covid-19 testing equipment. But regardless, it's not exactly a good look is it, at a time of national emergency.

I really struggle to see how a test that tells whether Harry Kane has Coronavirus or not wouldn't work just the same on a front-line police office, a 19 year old lass stacking the shelves in Tesco or the crew who empty my bins every Tuesday without fail. At a time when F1 teams devoted their resources into developing innovative new ventilators in record tme, the PL continually seems tone deaf to this crisis.

If the PL have the resources to buy testing machines at £36'000 each, I can think of many more deserving recipients of the tests than Sergio Aguero and Troy ****ing Deeney.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fortunately it hasn’t got to that point...but its crossed my mind...just so i could carry on working ...the only ‘private’ luxury ive allowed myself is using a private dentist for the last few years ..mainly because I’m a bit of an chicken and the dental nurse holds my hand

You do what you need to do, my friend. When it comes to class traitor or cripple, there is only one rational answer. Still...that's how they win. Perhaps that can be changed in time....it will get pelters if Starmer floats it though. For another day...

I go private for my teeth. There was no NHS for adults in Faversham when I moved here. Good peasant market town, toothless peasants and buck toothed gentry. I decided, like you, that breadwinners need their health. And teeth. :bigwave:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That may well be the case - I confess I know nothng of Covid-19 testing equipment. But regardless, it's not exactly a good look is it, at a time of national emergency.

I really struggle to see how a test that tells whether Harry Kane has Coronavirus or not wouldn't work just the same on a front-line police office, a 19 year old lass stacking the shelves in Tesco or the crew who empty my bins every Tuesday without fail. At a time when F1 teams devoted their resources into developing innovative new ventilators in record tme, the PL continually seems tone deaf to this crisis.

If the PL have the resources to buy testing machines at £36'000 each, I can think of many more deserving recipients of the tests than Sergio Aguero and Troy ****ing Deeney.

On this whole affair, I’ll wait to see the pandemic landscape in the UK in June, then July. For Albion fans keen for football to be scrapped (some for moral reasons, some so that we are in PL next season ... but never admitted), I think there’s room to relax. There are countless internal and external hurdles for the PL to jump, playing games of football is light years away just now.

If and when that day comes, whether it be season 2019/20 or 2020/21, testing may already be widely available across many non-essential sectors and sports. The entourages around F1, cricket, boxing, horse racing and golf in the UK, will all be repeatedly tested for covid19, but we won’t see internet outrage that they’re depriving the NHS of testing resources.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here