Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League / Football League attempts to finish the season

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The problem is I can’t see the PL or The FA doing that.:(

Surely they'd have to make some sort of gesture, absolute PR disaster otherwise if there is a sense they are in any way affecting NHS capacity? I think if that became big news a lot would look to boycott.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Then they would leave the club and become a free agent, exactly the same as if a player lets their contract run out in "normal" times. I believe in our case it's only 3 or 4 players contracts up this summer (I seem to remember Schelotto, maybe Kayal?)

Be a slightly odd thing to do but we might see one or two I suppose? Florin Andone perhaps?

So in theory could sign for another club thus changing their squad from January?

I wonder if there are any other pre-agreed contracts in place.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’m looking forward to all the apologies to Paul Barber and BHA.
Leeds, Liverpool, Burnley and Palace keyboard warriors,
Journalists,
‘Experts’ such as Jamie Carragher....

The list is quite a long one so should dominate the news tomorrow.

Point of order M'Lord. Leeds are not Premier League, they do not have a vote on the issue, they have not yet secured promotion and, in all probability, they own league aren't going to play any more matches. So, in legal terms, they can do one.

Fully support the rest of your post though.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
May be stating the obvious, but with the title as good as Liverpool’s the t v and the press need relegation to spice up the competition.
With the halfhearted response from fans and players ,and empty stands, the chances are that otherwise the games become a bore with everyone just fulfilling a fixture with no incentive...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
May be stating the obvious, but with the title as good as Liverpool’s the t v and the press need relegation to spice up the competition.
With the halfhearted response from fans and players ,and empty stands, the chances are that otherwise the games become a bore with everyone just fulfilling a fixture with no incentive...

That’s exactly how football writers and observers see if. The title isn’t now the main interest, the global broadcasters and TV viewing public are keen to see how relegation pans out. They’re not interested in dead rubbers, and certainly not willing to pay £0.75b for the privilege.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You’ve remained pretty constant on not wanting the PL to start again and fair enough ..but I’d ask would those for example tests have been used by say nhs workers if footballers don’t? It seems the government’s own target isn’t being hit with any regularity..but why? If clubs pay for it privately and it doesn’t divert tests that would have gone elsewhere is that wrong? Of course there remains loads of other questions over how a game can go ahead..but who knows where we will be at come two months time

Plus the PL are investing in totally different testing machines at £36,000 each. Deemed by the NHS as not suitable for their purposes.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/30/premier-league-confident-of-securing-covid-19-testing-kits-for-return

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would think it would certainly divert resources from the NHS. Up until very recently official figures used one glove as one piece of PPE so any figures on total supply compared to total demand were complete fiction.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metr...ems-ppe-package-frontline-staff-12621746/amp/

Also, the NHS needs reserves to cope with the possibility of a second peak. For football to be competing in the same PPE marketplace using its wealth to pay up privately is rather distasteful.

It’s not the same market. The Guardian said the PL are buying testing equipment the NHS deem as unsuitable for their needs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Micah Richards is thick as shit.

Brighton being defenestrated on R5 now. Apparently we and Watford are destroying football by selfishly blocking the 'only solution' - to play at neutral grounds.

No ****er has explained why neutral grounds are needed. Explain it to me and I might buy it.

Never heard such a load old bollocks in my life.

The presenter, Chappers, is doing a decent job trying to defend us....

Richards arguing home advantage is exclusively due to fans.

I'm going to throw my radio through the telly in a minute in the hope of hitting Bill Grundy.

Now Sutton saying we should have beaten weaker teams at home when we had the chance.

Why do these plums reboot all the arguments on a daily basis? I have a feeling that Richards and Sutton are masterminding the national Covid efforts.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Listening to R5? Sutton doing more pirouettes than a ballet dancer (compared to this time last Monday) ..and how an earth did Micah Richards become such an expert?

I missed the MNFC, I forgot.

Richards, if they manage to string a non-giggling sentence out of him. over the last two months is normally pro null and void. When coherent, he openly admits it’s solely so that his beloved Mansour FC stay PL champions for another season. But offers no intelligent rationale. Trevor Sinclair the same, again he says it’s purely so Citeh remain PL champs.

Surprise me please, what were his football musings tonight?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Brighton being defenestrated on R5 now. Apparently we and Watford are destroying football by selfishly blocking the 'only solution' - to play at neutral grounds.

No ****er has explained why neutral grounds are needed. Explain it to me and I might buy it.

The presenter, Chappers, is doing a decent job to defend us....

I'm going to throw my radio through the telly in a minute in the hope of hitting Bill Grundy.

Now Sutton saying we should have beaten weaker teams at home when we had the chance.

Why do these plums reboot all the arguments on a daily basis? I have a feeling that Richards and Sutton are masterminding the national Covid efforts.

Glad you saw it that way ..thought it was just me ,..,.ive started shouting at the radio again...(my old normal lol)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sponsorship deals are 'small fry, aren't they'? Says Sutton.

100 million off Amex? Yeah, I can coin that, standin' on me 'ed.

The man is a drivelling dimbot bumpkin cuntweasel of the lowest order.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Richards, if they manage to string a non-giggling sentence out of him. over the last two months is normally pro null and void. When coherent, he openly admits it’s solely so that his beloved Mansour FC stay PL champions for another season. But offers no intelligent rationale. Trevor Sinclair the same, again he says it’s purely so Citeh remain PL champs.

Surprise me please, what were his football musings tonight?[/QUOTE]

Bllx basically covers everything

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It’s not the same market. The Guardian said the PL are buying testing equipment the NHS deem as unsuitable for their needs.

It does also say they will be having “testing done privately”. It is this private testing that could have an effect on NHS tests, if both are using the same testing facilities, which is likely, unless the EPL have managed to find testing resources that neither the NHS or government knew about...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Surprise me please, what were his football musings tonight?

It’s on now...moved because of that guy in number ten :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It does also say they will be having “testing done privately”. It is this private testing that could have an effect on NHS tests, if both are using the same testing facilities, which is likely, unless the EPL have managed to find testing resources that neither the NHS or government knew about...

I havnt read anything so far that says testing by football or indeed other ‘non essential’ industries is taking away testing from key workers.....perhaps there should be more transparency re this ..as you have quoted ‘’could effect’’ ...we are guessing

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The presenter, Chappers, is doing a decent job to defend us....

The mood music amongst many broadsheet football writers and radio pundits in the last week, at the same time with respect to the eloquent Paul Barber, is against Brighton, Villa and Watford.

They call the secretly coordinated game plan Project Sabotage.

The writers and broadcasters in question are NOT WBA, Liverpool or Leeds fans. Instead, I think it’s a love of watching football, they simply want to see PL games as soon as possible, and the politicking of Brighton, Villa and Watford annoys them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here