Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I honestly think if you gave Graham Potter a front three of Kane, Son and Bale to stick in front of Sanchez, Lamptey, Moder, Webster, Dunk, White, Biss and Lallana we'd be nailed on for Champions League.

Mourinho's underachievement with Spurs squad is truly remarkable. Lloris, Doherty, Reguilon, Alderweireld, Hojbjerg, Alli, Moura, Ndombele, Kane, Son, Bale are all quality players. Yes, they have some binners but, unlike West Ham, Leicester they also have world class players too.

Spurs are a mixture of players who are past their best or were never that good anyway (Dier, Davies, Aurier, Hart, Sissoko, Winks), players that seem lost because they're in and out of the team so much (Doherty, Tanganga, Moura, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Vinicius) and decent players who seem unmotivated playing for Mourinho. They need a summer clear out, and a new manager who has them playing with a clear style/formation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I honestly think if you gave Graham Potter a front three of Kane, Son and Bale to stick in front of Sanchez, Lamptey, Moder, Webster, Dunk, White, Biss and Lallana we'd be nailed on for Champions League.

Mourinho's underachievement with Spurs squad is truly remarkable. Lloris, Doherty, Reguilon, Alderweireld, Hojbjerg, Alli, Moura, Ndombele, Kane, Son, Bale are all quality players. Yes, they have some binners but, unlike West Ham, Leicester they also have world class players too.

I'd hate to support an Albion side with Harry Kane leading the line.

My general apathy towards most non Albion players has morphed into a huge loathing of that nasty, violent, cowardly, prick of a man.

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Spurs are a mixture of players who are past their best or were never that good anyway (Dier, Davies, Aurier, Hart, Sissoko, Winks), players that seem lost because they're in and out of the team so much (Doherty, Tanganga, Moura, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Vinicius) and decent players who seem unmotivated playing for Mourinho. They need a summer clear out, and a new manager who has them playing with a clear style/formation.

I couldn't have put it better. The sad thing that they can't even see this themselves.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
A narcissist who is seeing his legacy fade away. I know this is utterly ridiculous, but I feel a bit sorry for him. All the wealth in the world isn’t going to make him happy, only being thought of as one of the best managers ever will do and with each failed role, that ship is disappearing into the distance. Actually I don’t feel sorry for him at all but you catch my drift.

if i was a better man, i would pity him, but...........

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd hate to support an Albion side with Harry Kane leading the line.

My general apathy towards most non Albion players has morphed into a huge loathing of that nasty, violent, cowardly, prick of a man.

we've had our fair share of niggly diving players, Barnes , Knocky immediately spring to mind.

When they are your own you love them. Although our fan base can be a bit odd for example how Barnes got so much flack , so maybe you are not alone in that thought.

Strange as it is

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
we've had our fair share of niggly diving players, Barnes , Knocky immediately spring to mind.

When they are your own you love them. Although our fan base can be a bit odd for example how Barnes got so much flack , so maybe you are not alone in that thought.

Strange as it is

I don’t mind nasty players, hot heads, dark arts etc.

Kane is a sly one though as he gives the impression he’s an honest player, a good guy England captain, yet I think he takes advantage of that and does some of the dirtiest tricks in the league. An unreal diver, maybe one of the best.

And the way he cynically (and dangerously) backed into a fresh from injury, in the air, Lallana to win a cheap penalty was proper nasty. Maybe that is Mourinho’s influence.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

Strange as it is

I don't think Ashley had quite the same goal return as Kane , if he had then I am sure he would have been more loved . :)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We also have Connolly who is nationally ridiculed for his diving and Maupay who quite a few clubs hate. Swings and roundabouts.
I'd take Kane in a heartbeat :)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've just watched the first ten minutes of Sky's Monday Night Football.
Jamie Carragher and Kevin Campbell have managed to fit in every Sam Allardyce cliche possible. And seemed convinced he's a master of the transfer market and saving clubs from relegation.

It's going to be a painful watch when they get on to Brighton missing out on 20 points from being ahead and our xG rate. They might even mention that next season we will need someone to convert the chances we create.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Jamie Carragher and Kevin Campbell have managed to fit in every Sam Allardyce cliche possible. And seemed convinced he's a master of the transfer market and saving clubs from relegation.

It's going to be a painful watch when they get on to Brighton missing out on 20 points from being ahead and our xG rate. They might even mention that next season we will need someone to convert the chances we create.

Looking forward to the 10 minutes on Everton’s new stadium rather than any reference to the home opposition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He’s got a big supporter on NSC, who says he criminally under rated.

Other the Chelsea performance against ten men, I don’t care for his approach to games and I think he comes across as a bit of a bully. His arse licking to Ferguson was always cringeworthy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Strange as it is

Bollox.

Kane came back from the world cup absolutely riddled with 'do you know who I am' twattery.
'Im the golden boot'.
'I got England to a semi final'.

Yeah that's right Hazza you took a load of penalties and choked when it actually mattered.

But on the strength of that he can now sythe players down, dive when the opposition approach and attempt to snap at least one neck, every game.
All the while pretending it wasn't me because 'dont you know who I am'.

He's become a horrible odious w**ksplat stain of a player.

Come back to me after a niggly Albion player paralysis the opposition, not before.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
West Brom score after 4 mins......another interminable VaR micro-analysis of the width of someone’s sock material vs someone else’s shirt sleeve thickness. Goal ruled out.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hang on... they’ve taken the line from Bartley who didn’t even touch the ball?

This is now an absolute crisis, an absolute disgrace.

87B58EE3-1B0D-4E5E-9A7A-636B8C025483.jpegDE1F394A-AF88-4BD8-8A05-9FE723B8C95A.jpeg

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Outrageous how bad the people operating VAR have got. VAR itself should be something that improves the game but it’s doing the complete opposite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here