Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It comes to something when we're all moaning about a sh*t VAR decision against Man.Utd. (the only team allowed to score after the game has ended).

The only logical conclusion from this phenomenon is that VAR must be really, really, really SH*T.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree with the last bit. It drives me absolutely crazy that the commentators are entrusted to listen to the VAR conversation but us, mere fans, are minions who can't be trusted to hear what's going on.

Seen several examples on youtube of the A League in Australia where the refs conversations have been relayed - it's a world of difference. Cricket and rugby also seem to make this work...but not the PL, oh no.......probably down to the refs afraid of looking like (even bigger) ********s.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
*snigger*

Screenshot_20210411_182244.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seen several examples on youtube of the A League in Australia where the refs conversations have been relayed - it's a world of difference. Cricket and rugby also seem to make this work...but not the PL, oh no.......probably down to the refs afraid of looking like (even bigger) ********s.

Nah it's because it will show the complete lack of respect the players have for the referees.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Dunk is better than Maguire.
I have no idea where this Maguire Myth has come from, his huge fee i guess. He can head it, undoubtedly, probably the best 'headerer' of the ball around, but every other aspect of his game is sub standard.

Not only that, get to see again how crap another England regular Dier is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If they lose the LC Final to Citeh, taxi for Moureen?

Tottingham don't have a spare £50m+ to pay him off.

They'll have to go to the government and get another loan.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's easily sorted. Yellow and red cards. Lots of them until it stops. I always knew I should have been a football administrator. I see stuff that is beyond the imagination of those actually doing the job.

Yeah, I never understand this argument. Players would stop arguing with refs within weeks if they got carded every time they started. The FA just need to grow a spine and let it happen.

And while they're about it can they bring back the rule about advancing a free kick 10m if the players don't retreat

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I really fancy us when we play Sheffield United away. Heckingbottom has them playing the very worst of possession football when the whole squad is set up for long balls, overlapping centre backs and petty fouls.. it’s like sticking Potter in charge of Wimbledon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Sheffield United look like a side just going through the motions hoping the season ends as soon as possible

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think Brighton are more than capable of their highest ever finish in the top flight this campaign.12th is possible with a good finish.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Derby went down in 2008 with just 11 points, they were awful, after next to no serious investment in summer 2007.

The Blades imho played far better than that in the first 2/3’s of this season, but so often were unable to tuck away chances, then inevitably conceding and losing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I really fancy us when we play Sheffield United away. Heckingbottom has them playing the very worst of possession football when the whole squad is set up for long balls, overlapping centre backs and petty fouls.. it’s like sticking Potter in charge of Wimbledon

And as if by magic....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Ramsdale down with Bournemouth
Ramsdale down with Sheffield Utd
Next season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here