Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Absolute joke..........game is being ruined. Ridiculous offsides, players falling over when breathed on to try to steal an advantage and the refs complicit in allowing it to happen. Has to be sorted out.

players falling over when breathed on to try to steal an advantage and the refs complicit in allowing it to happen. Has nothing to with var. That's been creeping in for a few years.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If a goal is scored and the defending team’s feelings are hurt will it be disallowed?

Replay of Maguire bursting into tears

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The laws of football are not compatible with stringent video replay refereeing.

It wasn't compatible when VAR was being carried out in post game analysis, when many were justifying that as a reason to be introduced.
It's not compatible now it has been introduced.

It's certainly not going away, because if it did we'd be back to studio VAR undermining the game.
All we can hope is the interpretation of the laws drastically improves, or the use of VAR gets drastically reduced.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
One of the major problems. Any contact now and the player goes down. No way that was a foul and I hate ManU.
Jimmy Greaves, Michael Robinson, George Best,wouldnt need that protection from VAR........they must be laughing from up there what a state the game is in.:blush:

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
players falling over when breathed on to try to steal an advantage and the refs complicit in allowing it to happen. Has nothing to with var. That's been creeping in for a few years.

Disagree. It's getting worse as a result of the use of VAR because the players know everything is being reviewed. Touches are being exaggerated much more, and - and I know it's not part of VAR but it could be - it isn't being used to do anything about it easier. In another world, VAR would have said to the onfield ref 'Son made a meal of it. tell the t**t to stop fannying about and get up'

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Disagree. It's getting worse as a result of the use of VAR because the players know everything is being reviewed. Touches are being exaggerated much more, and - and I know it's not part of VAR but it could be - it isn't being used to do anything about it easier. In another world, VAR would have said to the onfield ref 'Son made a meal of it. tell the t**t to stop fannying about and get up'

And give him a yellow card as you are supposed to do

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Im not sure VAR is the problem as I dont think you get the same issues in European leagues. The Premier league interpretation of VAR seems to be the real problem

IT IS THE PROBLEM because there are multiple interpretations of its applications carried out by different sets of human beings. It’s a complete and utter shambles. Until there is a transparent application of the principle of CLEAR & OBVIOUS (****ing) error - along with audible commentary - then it should be removed from football, end of.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I agree with you about players falling over every time there is contact. I would love to see a panel review incidents and issue 3 match bans for feigning injury aka cheating.

The one that really gets my goat is contact with foot to foot and players scream and roll around clutching their shin.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
In another world, VAR would have said to the onfield ref 'Son made a meal of it. tell the t**t to stop fannying about and get up'

Exactly this. Every single fan up and down the country knows its a) not a foul and b) Son is making a meal of it. All refs need to do is apply a bit of common sense and stop thinking "well technically it's a foul so I'd better give it."

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Nail. On. Head.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
IT IS THE PROBLEM because there are multiple interpretations of its applications carried out by different sets of human beings. It’s a complete and utter shambles. Until there is a transparent application of the principle of CLEAR & OBVIOUS (****ing) error - along with audible commentary - then it should be removed from football, end of.

Agree with the last bit. It drives me absolutely crazy that the commentators are entrusted to listen to the VAR conversation but us, mere fans, are minions who can't be trusted to hear what's going on.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Dunk is better than Maguire.
I have no idea where this Maguire Myth has come from, his huge fee i guess. He can head it, undoubtedly, probably the best 'headerer' of the ball around, but every other aspect of his game is sub standard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'd want the ref to very clearly say to Son:-

"Your Mum and Dad are watching this" :lolol:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Utter nonsense. Bowen,Lingard,Antonio,Haller 8,8,7,7... now compare with our strikers... Maupay 8, Welbs 4, Connolly 2, Zeq zero...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except Bowen is a winger and Lingard is an attacking midfielder.
(and Antonio is actually a midfielder who's been playing up front over the last year or so. And Soucek has scored about 10)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
You know something we don't? ???
Oh dear, sorry :)about that will try & modify my post. He still would not believe the contact it needs to commit a foul. Pele was a bustling but skilful forward who would laugh at the decisions given to protect forward's in today's game.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Jimmy Greaves, Michael Robinson, George Best,wouldnt need that protection from VAR........they must be laughing from up there what a state the game is in.:blush:

Bit Harsh, Killing off Greavsie!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
5-Live commentator:-

"Jose will be really annoyed his expensive Utd signings, that never played well for him, have all had a really good game today".

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here