Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fantastic finish from not good enough for Brighton Lingard!

Think I might bounce one of those threads again, my weekly source of entertainment reading back on some absolutely laughable, clueless posts.

I was still writing my match day blog when he was with us and made the point that Lingard was actually TOO good. In general his speed of foot and thought was far ahead of his teammates.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Seriously - Fulham can't 'target' anyone - all they can do is try and pick up points where they can and hope they get enough to go ahead of one of the teams in front of them. They don't care who gets relegated as long as it is not them.

Realistically there are three teams that they can catch - Newcastle, Brighton and Burnley - all they need is for any one of them to slip up and they don't care who.

Disagree. Fulham need to leap frog one team. After this weekend’s showing I’d be thinking Burnley.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fantastic finish from not good enough for Brighton Lingard!

Think I might bounce one of those threads again, my weekly source of entertainment reading back on some absolutely laughable, clueless posts.

It's very much my MO to dismiss singing any over hyped English starlet, JLingz ain't gonna change that.

Lingard teaming up again with Moyes in a finally decent West Ham side, with no fans in the stadium, is a very different proposition to him rocking up pretty much anywhere else.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It's very much my MO to dismiss singing any over hyped English starlet, JLingz ain't gonna change that.

Lingard teaming up again with Moyes in a finally decent West Ham side, with no fans in the stadium, is a very different proposition to him rocking up pretty much anywhere else.

Not sure I agree with that. If he had signed for us, never an option because of wages, he would have been a success. Jesse just needs a run in a good team. He was stale at United, couldn't sustain a run in the team as he was down the pecking order. Will score goals all day long when first choice......not frequently enough for United but elsewhere would contribute enough to warrant his wages. This I believe he is doing right now.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
A S-M is a serious talent. Reminds me of Knocky during our promotion season. Largely unplayable. Gotta be off in the summer you'd think.
Looks like Fulham are done for. Shame, just don't quite have enough. Newcastle are mostly woeful, but with A S-M playing they always have a chance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure I agree with that. If he had signed for us, never an option because of wages, he would have been a success. Jesse just needs a run in a good team. He was stale at United, couldn't sustain a run in the team as he was down the pecking order. Will score goals all day long when first choice......not frequently enough for United but elsewhere would contribute enough to warrant his wages. This I believe he is doing right now.

and with Moyes he already had everything in place to slot into.

Not saying it wouldn't have happened anywhere else, no one can say either way, but there's a reason why he went there and it's working - Moyes. (Another of my shitehouse managers :lol: )

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Leicester are playing awfully here. The defending for the 2nd and 3rd, ooof.
West Ham are really good though aren't they? And further proof of where our goal scoring problems lie- not with our strikers, but with the lack of goals from midfield.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
BBC Sport: "Wilfred Ndidi is booked - there's barely been a tackle in the game but that's five yellow cards shown now by Mike Dean."

Plus ça change...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Just off. If we played like this (Leicester) it would be utterly apocalyptic on here.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Disagree. Fulham need to leap frog one team. After this weekend’s showing I’d be thinking Burnley.

Fulham need 7 points from 6 games to overtake us and Burnley - assuming neither of us picks up another point (and our GD doesn't deteriorate dramatically). They only need six points to overtake Newcastle (same reasoning). Newcastle have got some really tough games ahead of them (West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Man City are their next 5). Much as Burnley can be utterly dire at times, they sometimes get lucky with their goofball tactics. Newcastle could still easily go into that last game just 3 points ahead of Fulham and with a worse GD....then it's a complete lottery.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Leicester are playing awfully here. The defending for the 2nd and 3rd, ooof.
West Ham are really good though aren't they? And further proof of where our goal scoring problems lie- not with our strikers, but with the lack of goals from midfield.

Utter nonsense. Bowen,Lingard,Antonio,Haller 8,8,7,7... now compare with our strikers... Maupay 8, Welbs 4, Connolly 2, Zeq zero...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
VAR ruling out another goal based on interpretation, get the f*** out of our game.

But on the other hand it's ruling out a Utd goal.

But on the other other hand it's giving a goal 'back' to Jose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here